Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 09:35 AM

734 posts, read 351,614 times

Advertisements

I don't understand what they thought they would accomplish when they got into the Capital building. Did they think they would stop the certification? Permanently? Did they think Congress would sit down and have a nice chat with them about the election?

One kid there said, they wanted Congress to listen to them, well they messed that up when they stormed the building.

Hope a few of Trump's idea stick around, but he himself and his family need to go away. No new wars, get NATO nations to pay their fair share were good things. All mostly forgotten because of the events of last week.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:36 AM

3,703 posts, read 4,852,685 times
I like his policies and he has done well. I don't vote for a president to be my friend. I don't give a rats ass of "who would I rather have a beer with" BS because not one of them will sit down and have a beer with the likes of me.

So what if he is egotistical. It comes with the qualifications of the job. Name one president or candidate that isn't. Good luck as there isn't any.

Yes, Trump is a NY (not to offend) *******! But he has set out and put country first and has done many things in which I voted for him to do--with the opposing party and media fighting him along the way. If I had a big corporation, I wouldn't look to put someone in charge to be my friend! I would appoint someone who gets things done and if he is an A-hole, so be it.

Another thing that I respect is he speaks his mind. Unlike others who have somebody prepare the speech they believe the people want to hear and then it gets read off a teleprompter. To me, nothing can be more fake then that! Now that being said, sometimes I wish he would just keep quiet and let his brain catch up to his mouth but nobody's perfect!

Old 01-09-2021, 09:44 AM

15,967 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
Please try to be civil here, this is not meant to be against Trumpers, they as we are entitles to their opinions, it is still a free country.

History has shown that Dictators and Wanna be dictators do not really care about their supporters. They are only concerned in their Power and ability to generate tremendous financial gain. I will not go into details about these folks there is plenty of data and example of these people, both successful and otherwise in the history books. If you are interested look them up.

Power and ability to generate tremendous financial gain are always the common denominators. They do NOT care in the slightest about the well being of their supporters, in fact they often persecute them when they realize the errors of their ways and stray from the fold.

For me, a real conservative who voted for Maggi Thatcher in the UK. when I listen to Trump, Biden, Bush I, Reagan and Obama talk there is a real difference. Trump does not sound like an educated professional (This is not necessarily a bad thing), for the most part his language does not seem be articulate, he talks in bullet points, and 90% of the time he is bragging about something, it is all about himself and how wonderful he thinks he is, not to mention the untruths that he continually pitches. At least that is the way it comes across, inciting negativity. These are typical traits of Dictators and wanna be dictators. The others seem more articulate and positive, in speeches they rarely talk about themselves.

Back to the Title. I do not understand why hardcore Trumpers do not get this.

Please try to explain this without berating the opposing opinions or party members, it is not productive.
Trump dives into the deepest and darkest fears in interior of their mind, and blasts it out loud: Black and brown people, foreigners, are getting at the piece of pie that should be mine, mine. They are more educated than me, they have big jobs and make more money. They are buying all the big houses. My kind is getting replaced. I want to go back to the 50’s when we are allowed to be just ignorant and white and that was cool. MAGA!

Old 01-09-2021, 09:48 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Please try to be civil here, this is not meant to be against Trumpers, they as we are entitles to their opinions, it is still a free country.

History has shown that Dictators and Wanna be dictators do not really care about their supporters. They are only concerned in their Power and ability to generate tremendous financial gain. I will not go into details about these folks there is plenty of data and example of these people, both successful and otherwise in the history books. If you are interested look them up.

Power and ability to generate tremendous financial gain are always the common denominators. They do NOT care in the slightest about the well being of their supporters, in fact they often persecute them when they realize the errors of their ways and stray from the fold.

For me, a real conservative who voted for Maggi Thatcher in the UK. when I listen to Trump, Biden, Bush I, Reagan and Obama talk there is a real difference. Trump does not sound like an educated professional (This is not necessarily a bad thing), for the most part his language does not seem be articulate, he talks in bullet points, and 90% of the time he is bragging about something, it is all about himself and how wonderful he thinks he is, not to mention the untruths that he continually pitches. At least that is the way it comes across, inciting negativity. These are typical traits of Dictators and wanna be dictators. The others seem more articulate and positive, in speeches they rarely talk about themselves.

Please try to explain this without berating the opposing opinions or party members, it is not productive.
You ask other people to be civil while you being a jacka$$ slinging baseless accusations.

That’s not how a civil discussion should start.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:56 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Funny, I have friends and family that completely turned their backs on me because I voted for Trump.
Same here. My daughter and son in law cut us off (we haven't seen or talked to our two grandsons in 20 months). We never spoke of politics around them because they are so full of vitriol. That didn't prevent them from taking pot shots at us and our beliefs frequently, but we ate it because it was the price we paid to see our grandchildren. No matter, they knew what our beliefs were, so we were cut out, as was my son in law's own brother. My daughter and her husband are two college educated, "tolerant" liberals mind you. My daughter won't take my phone calls. I left a voice mail a few months ago and two weeks later received an email from her saying I needed counseling.

My sister in law, who went COVID crazy, cut my wife off because my wife refused to become part of the COVID paranoia cult. All she could ever talk about was COVID and constantely told everyone else they should be as frightened as she is and if you weren't there was something wrong with you. After my wife told her sister to stop badgering her, her sister sent and angry text telling her she would "never talk to you again." Like my daughter, my sister in law told my wife she needed counseling.

And the day the capital was stormed (which I was totally unaware of) while I was sitting in my car outside my wife's cardiologists office I get a nasty text from my sister in law (my brother's wife in another state) asking how I "could possibly support someone who encouraged such violence and destruction that is happening in D.C.". I then googled the news and saw what was happening. I replied to her unsolicited angry text, asking where she had been the past year when the left was looting, burning, rioting and destroying property with impunity. Her response was "DO NOT HAVE CONTACT WITH US ANY MORE YOU ARE BEING BLOCKED".

Such is the mindset of the left. They accuse conservatives and supporters of Trump of being part of a cult, but as soon as you defend yourself and try to engage them in conversation they put their hands over their ears like petulant children.

Last edited by Casey73; 01-09-2021 at 10:41 AM..

Old 01-09-2021, 10:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:

Back when Covid started to get serious...why did Trump allow the state governors to deal with it at the state level then?

IF he is such a 'wannabe tyrant'...why didnt he take advantage of the situation and start imposing national orders, COMING FROM HIM?

Old 01-09-2021, 10:06 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post

Hope a few of Trump's idea stick around, but he himself and his family need to go away. No new wars, get NATO nations to pay their fair share were good things. All mostly forgotten because of the events of last week.
And raising the specter of China, who is busy trying to reinvent history and escape blame by saying that the Wuhan virus originated in a whole bunch of places.

Biden was a China appeaser while Obama’s VP, now he can’t afford to be.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:24 AM

989 posts, read 769,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Funny, I have friends and family that completely turned their backs on me because I voted for Trump.
We have friends that voted for Trump. We do not agree with them. But they are not Trumpers, they are well educated professionals and do not believe any of the controversies or lies distributed by Trump, Qanon and so on. Most just voted for him because of the Supreme Court. They can hold a meaningful conversation. Most however, are like minded and respectful to each other. We do not have any real Trumpers in our neighborhood or circle of friends, and must confess, we do try to avoid them. But there is nothing wrong with that, like minded folk usually play together. One choses one's friends accordingly.

We did come across a couple of Trumpers at a party once, they were quite vocal, but one could not have a meaningful conversation with them. There is only so many times one can hear Clinton's emails, Obama not being American and numerous untrue conspiracy theories, before one switches off.

I get sarcastic and explain that the "Baby Eating Bishop of Bartram Wells" (Monte Python) was a Cristian. Of course they do not get it. I then go back to my baby eating, and explain that they taste way better skewered on the BBQ, with a good Chutney than with Ketchup.

Last edited by shokwaverider; 01-09-2021 at 11:05 AM..

Old 01-09-2021, 10:32 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Back when Covid started to get serious...why did Trump allow the state governors to deal with it at the state level then?

IF he is such a 'wannabe tyrant'...why didnt he take advantage of the situation and start imposing national orders, COMING FROM HIM?
cuz he really didn't have the guts to do it?

And he used the "woe is me" thing to rile up his supporters even more?

They won't let me do this or that - you know Nancy.

He had control - why didn't he take it?

Cuz he is afraid of really being in charge? Rather say he is being held back, and its not his fault?

Old 01-09-2021, 10:39 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Yes, he has traits of a wannabe tin pot dictator bent on overthrowing our democracy. That's why they like him. Trumpers get him fine. I hope that answers your question.
I hope it doesn't. If it does then I overestimated the OP's sincerity and wasted my time posting here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies