Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 02:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Depending on a reader’s perspective, it is too easy to seize on only a part of this and ignore the other parts:

https://www.billoreilly.com/b/Paybac...680429432.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 02:56 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Hmmmm....

Whether or not Trump intended for it to go as far as it did, the fact remains that it DID go that far and he was slow to react in a helpful way. I agree that he's an opportunist but he ran for and was elected to a position that calls for more than that. Most successful people - particularly politicians are opportunists; that's not a crime. But there needs to be more and he doesn't possess it. He's built a life on the opportunism of victimhood. He's constantly complaining about how unfair everything is for him. He did this long before being president and will do so until the day he dies.

Impeachment/25th amendment/calling for resignation...those are not about punishing poor little Donnie (or any other public servants), they're about accountability and responsibility in positions of power and service in this country. Whatever lawsuits he is answerable to after he is gone - those may well be punishment and I won't lose a wink of sleep over those either.

I'm all for healing and unity but the first step is accountability.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Obviously, O’ Reilly’s perspective no longer has the influence it once did.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:41 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Obviously, O’ Reilly’s perspective no longer has the influence it once did.
The same applies to individuals who aren't objective and therefore, should not be taken seriously.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:07 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
O'Reilly is a conservative right leaning type of guy, but I think he does make an effort to be objective and hand out criticism where it is due.

Don Jr., Giuliani and to a lesser extent Trump himself, they were using language that was inflammatory at the rally, no matter how justified it felt, especially Don Jr. and Giuliani. I think that they were hoping beyond hope that somehow the process would be overturned. Mitch McConnel was right about how we can't just overturn the vote speech he had made. It would take us down a horrible awful rabbit hole where nothing good would come out of.

I've heard and read that the validating the EC votes in the congress is merely just symbolic and that once down at the state level it has been certified that it's a done deal, finito.

This might as was mentioned by O'Reilly be a legacy killer for Trump, time will tell. I think that the political left will use and milk the hell out of this event for a long time to come, heck, they already are.

Some of the language and statements coming from the far left AOC crowd and Pelosi and Schumer are not conducive to tamping down the rhetoric. This attempt to impeach Trump when he's got a week or so left is just pure political theater as far as I'm concerned. He'll be gone soon enough and Trump himself stated that there will be a peaceful transfer of power, at least by him. Not sure what some of the troublemakers within the Trump supporter ranks will do.

As was mentioned in the article, Biden has his hands full if he indeed does try to bring people together. We're so divided as a nation right now and it's something that is actually weighing on my mind. I've never really let politics get to me in the past, but we're heading down a path with no good ending in sight at this point in time.

Once again, time will tell.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:10 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Throw the idiot , his cronies and his family in jail already. Problem solved. Hell, you have thousands of people locked up for years in prison with far less offensible crimes People going back and forth on the “what they intended”. We know what the intention was. As we do with most sociopaths and psychopaths on power

The world is a better and safer place with idiots like the trumps locked up

Old 01-11-2021, 09:18 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
We took no action against Trump when he asked for Russia's help in the election.
We took no action against Trump when he threw our own intelligence agencies under the bus in front of the world at Helsinki.
We took no action against Trump when he leveraged our country to ask Ukraine to dig up dirt on the eventual President (Biden).
If we take no action against Trump for incite insurrection, then there is no line a President can cross.

In the future, all it would take to unravel 230+ years of democracy is 51 Republicans in the Senate and 218 Republicans in the House and they could simply select a Republican President going forward.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:20 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
The same applies to individuals who aren't objective and therefore, should not be taken seriously.
So you're saying Bill's full of chit and should be ignored then. Got it.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:22 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Thanks for being an example.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:28 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Did you read the article?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies