Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 08:08 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeFan007 View Post
I agree to a large degree but the video misses the major trigger for the rise of the moral majority
/neo-conservative movement - desegregation. One of the beginning members of the moral majority later said that abortion was not even mentioned in their first meetings. Abortion was brought in later because they needed another argument for the government to stay out of parochial institutions where they endeavored to maintain segregation.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:10 PM

200 posts, read 83,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Why are you mentioning this? There is no Communist party in America.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:23 PM

507 posts, read 187,505 times
Organized religion is garbage

Old 01-11-2021, 08:27 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonM View Post
Congrats on making a face. That's quite an accomplishment.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:04 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I dont quite see how religion can be blamed, not that it is blame free and causes much harm, for the current political situation. trump has used the bible trick yes, but i am not sure religion is the reason for those who came out to the capitol with murder in their minds. It is hate.
If you were to check the backgrounds and posts of those involved going to the rally and actually entering the Capitol I think the majority of them would classify themselves as religious, that they feel religion is threatened by “liberals”, that Trump is more religious than Obama or Biden and is “protecting” religion as part of making America great...

The areas of the country that are firmly GOP and Trump supporters are more likely to self-identify themselves as supporting religion and a more conservative theology than areas that voted for Biden
Or HRC...

Trump hasn’t just used the Bible trick
Pence was chosen for his “brand” of conservative religious politician specifically to bring the evangelicals on board
The conservative religious right has ignores Trump’s racism—because many of them are racists themselves (check their church groups)...
The religious right has strong elements in our military too
And that aspect of its infiltration and rise to power is something rarely discussed and brought to light

Old 01-11-2021, 09:29 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
Quote:
Why are you mentioning this? There is no Communist party in America.
What do you think the Democrat party has become?

Old 01-11-2021, 09:43 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is how I see it. I believe in Jesus Christ. My faith is important to me. It's one of the reasons I haven't gone completely off the rails.
If you need religion to stay off the rails, you won’t last very long with your white liberal counterparts who are quickly abandoning religion.

You can’t claim you hate or oppose white conservatives but love their religion. Some of the most religious demographics in America are southern whites and white nationalists.

Part of the reason we blacks are regressing is we don’t like to think for ourselves. We always need Demcorats or religion to do the thinking for us.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:15 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
How would the "secular atheistic left" remove religion and faith from the world? Do other countries allow the US to make religious decisions for them?
What he really means is that the Democrats oppose state-imposed Christianity and support allowing people of all faiths and no faiths to exist in our society. To a conservative Christian, there's no separating religion and politics and there's no separating the state and the church. Race and nation always trumps the individual. That's why it's said that America is a "Christian nation" and not a "nation of Christians." The latter is mostly true from a historical perspective but the former has never been true.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeFan007 View Post
This might explain this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8VOM8ET1WU

I think there is a big overlap between Southern white evangelicals and racism.
Not just Southern, white evangelicals though
Boston (as NE area) Catholics have long history of racism even though Catholics were often reviled and discriminated against by Protestants when Catholics were immigrants in the 1800s and early 1900s
And check this research re the integration of religious sects
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...igious-groups/

And this link shows documented history of lynching in America
Maybe the more open areas in Western US is because of scarcity of people, including blacks but didn’t read all the article
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...tes-180961877/

Old 01-11-2021, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What he really means is that the Democrats oppose state-imposed Christianity and support allowing people of all faiths and no faiths to exist in our society. To a conservative Christian, there's no separating religion and politics and there's no separating the state and the church. Race and nation always trumps the individual. That's why it's said that America is a "Christian nation" and not a "nation of Christians." The latter is mostly true from a historical perspective but the former has never been true.
Remember the phrase “under God” was not originally part of pledge of allegiance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies