Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 08:01 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Ok buddy . Believe you Biden boom all you want . I’ll be sure to revive this post to prove your wrong . Get ready for the deflation followed by the inflation .
The economy under Trump was just a continuation of what began under Obama but Biden is inheriting a damaged economy. Much different than when Trump took office in 2016 and all he needed to do was not screw it up but I do wish we had that $1 Trillion back that was given away in 2017 now that we really need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 08:11 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The economy under Trump was just a continuation of what began under Obama but Biden is inheriting a damaged economy. Much different than when Trump took office in 2016 and all he needed to do was not screw it up but I do wish we had that $1 Trillion back that was given away in 2017 now that we really need it.
The fed was in trouble back in 2019 sept . They raised the rates and walk street flipped and they had to reverse . Then all the printed money . We are going to be looking around 5 Trillion in one year ? It’s insanity . It’s not working , and the sooner the realize that we need to open up the sooner we can attempt to recover . This one is going to take us a long time and the minimum the economy begins to recover won’t be at least for 2-3 years . The unemployment rate does not even count people that are not looking for work . It is higher than they say. I agree , it was more of the same under Trump . It continued through Obama and now we have another Obama clone in office with the same swamp that was in Obama’s cabinet .

Old 01-16-2021, 08:31 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
...Luckily our economy was solid before the CCP China Virus began...

30 year mortgages below 3%, continuous increase in the wealth gap, and continued quantitative easing are not signs of a "solid economy". Low unemployment and good stock market numbers aren't the whole picture.

Old 01-16-2021, 08:42 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
30 year mortgages below 3%, continuous increase in the wealth gap, and continued quantitative easing are not signs of a "solid economy". Low unemployment and good stock market numbers aren't the whole picture.
I agree. The QE has inflated the asset market so high that I have no clue how any kid with a bunch of college debt or out of highschool has any chance in hell affording a mortgage. They wont....

Old 01-16-2021, 08:48 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
I Hope Everyone Is Ready For the Dem-Pression For the Next 4 Years ?

How are you prepared? Looking like the democrat political shutdowns are throwing the US economy into a free fall recession. Especially in the blue states!

Throw in more lockdowns, increased illegal immigration, fiat money printing for stimulus, hyper regulation, tax increase etc... we should be sinking faster than the Titanic by April.

Luckily the strong economy from the last few years bounced us back temporarily, but im predicting a lot of stagnation in the economy.

Biden will bring in a economic depression. Get ready folks . Its gonna get bumpy.
I am SO ready

Old 01-16-2021, 09:00 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
I made more money the last 4 years than I did when I was working, That's all gone now.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:14 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
Yes, target.com, walmart.com and amazon.com. thanks to stimulus checks.
Brick and mortar small businesses got decimated.
Depends on the business. Recreational vehicle sales, boats, ATV's, Snowmobiles, RV's...all have been doing great. The secondary market for these things have also been doing great. Liquor sales are doing great. Contractors / Trades are doing great. At least here in MI. Which I think Trumps policies had more of a positive result in. Not every state had the same results.

I sold a sport quad a few months ago...$4k in an hour. A friend just sold his older 32' Motorhome in 20 minutes. Another friend sold a 25' enclosed trailer in a couple of hours. Another friend sold a 353 Formula Fastech (sport boat) in a week...the person came with $70k cash. We just had a gas fireplace insert installed, it took close to three months because they had such a backlog. So money is still being moved in the economy. People are still spending.

Those that didn't take advantage of the last four years (pre covid) have no one to blame but themselves. I know a couple of people that hated when Trump won in 2016 that they pulled all their money out of the market and dumped it into savings....LOL If people would have just dealt with an unlikeable president for a single term, if they would have quite whining and took advantage of the market, and the low housing interest rates they'd be much better off.

Old 01-16-2021, 02:22 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
The fed was in trouble back in 2019 sept . They raised the rates and walk street flipped and they had to reverse . Then all the printed money . We are going to be looking around 5 Trillion in one year ? It’s insanity . It’s not working , and the sooner the realize that we need to open up the sooner we can attempt to recover . This one is going to take us a long time and the minimum the economy begins to recover won’t be at least for 2-3 years . The unemployment rate does not even count people that are not looking for work . It is higher than they say. I agree , it was more of the same under Trump . It continued through Obama and now we have another Obama clone in office with the same swamp that was in Obama’s cabinet .
The economy was pretty good the last few years under Obama, unemployment was around 5%, GDP was average not many complaints other than the growing income disparity. We will won't get back to anywhere near normal until we get everyone vaccinated and control the virus but I agree this will take years for recovery not months.

Old 01-16-2021, 02:28 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
I Hope Everyone Is Ready For the Dem-Pression For the Next 4 Years ?

How are you prepared? Looking like the democrat political shutdowns are throwing the US economy into a free fall recession. Especially in the blue states!

Throw in more lockdowns, increased illegal immigration, fiat money printing for stimulus, hyper regulation, tax increase etc... we should be sinking faster than the Titanic by April.

Luckily the strong economy from the last few years bounced us back temporarily, but im predicting a lot of stagnation in the economy.

Biden will bring in a economic depression. Get ready folks . Its gonna get bumpy.
As everyone says: 'Buckle up. It's going to be a rough ride." I agree with you. I'm not feeling the corrupt Biden love at all. Let's bring this thread back up in a few months and see how we're doing. It should be quite interesting.

After Trump worked so hard for us to help us keep our money, Biden is the complete opposite. Give to this person, give to this, give to this, increase this, let all the illegals swarm our country and let's support them also, etc. I feel the weight removed from my wallet and onto my shoulders. I feel 100% that with Biden as president, there will be a depression and a good chance of a civil war. If Covid hadn't hit the economy would be the best we'd ever seen. People seem to want to blame Trump for the virus. lol

Old 01-16-2021, 03:13 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Nobody is spending right now . Everyone is tightening their wallets as we speak . Expect the larger bankruptcies and layoffs this year . The front end of the economy was screwed last year . Expect the to ripple up this year . That is why interest rates are rising .
Not sure where you live, but people are spending like crazy here in MI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies