Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 02:59 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times

Advertisements

The depth of gullibility in America when it comes to Trump is unfathomable to rational people.

His lies, his mean spirited actions and his incompetence are simply ignored.

I understand disagreeing with politics. I've been voting since Nixon/McGovern. Since then I have had presidents I liked, some I hated but I have never, nor have I seen the amount of pure hate and what appears to be pure ignorance that exists today. In a time where information is plentiful, traceable and relatively easy to validate for the most part, instead people want to believe the most outlandish and unverifiable garbage they can find. They simply refuse fact and truth in favor of hate and malfeasance.

Lord knows I want my children and grandchildren to live in a world of peaceful coexistence but there are times I think that if America tears itself apart and ceases to exist, it is what it deserves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 03:06 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
The depth of gullibility in America when it comes to Trump is unfathomable to rational people.

His lies, his mean spirited actions and his incompetence are simply ignored.

I understand disagreeing with politics. I've been voting since Nixon/McGovern. Since then I have had presidents I liked, some I hated but I have never, nor have I seen the amount of pure hate and what appears to be pure ignorance that exists today. In a time where information is plentiful, traceable and relatively easy to validate for the most part, instead people want to believe the most outlandish and unverifiable garbage they can find. They simply refuse fact and truth in favor of hate and malfeasance.

Lord knows I want my children and grandchildren to live in a world of peaceful coexistence but there are times I think that if America tears itself apart and ceases to exist, it is what it deserves.

Then you know that Biden has been caught in lies, if you remember he had to drop out of a presidential primary because he was caught copying another world leaders speech and passing it off as his own and says some pretty racist comments in the past and still does, but is ignored.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:08 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
When you take away someone’s voice, take away someone’s livelihood, and take away someone’s value in society, what do you think will happen?
The first two have not happened. The third - that's a self-esteem problem. I guess Republicans can't feel good about themselves without Trump telling them that they're "special"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Trump is not a Republican. He's an POPULIST who found OVER 75 million Americans that sent him there to break up the corrupt political system .
And he made the system even more corrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Red state America is a term used to describe Republican states.
There are no Republican states. There are states with residents that identify with Republican, Democrat, Green etc. parties, as well as politically independent residents.

Quote:
You are right though - unifying the country will not happen unless there is a thorough and complete review of the election results - which the dems will not allow happen.
Elections results already have been reviewed. It's called "certifying the vote", and every jurisdiction within every state, and then every state, does it.

The ignorance of folks concerning the elections process is sobering indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Your viscousness and desire to harm those you oppose politically is the problem.
Ooh, viscousness. Are Democrats are going to smother Republicans to death with thick liquids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…
The dead rising from the grave.
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria.
Not dogs and cats ... ??!? What is the world coming to?

Old 01-12-2021, 03:11 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…
The dead rising from the grave.
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria.

Half of what he wrote is the published and promoted Dem agenda or what they are doing right now. Make fun of it all you want - we are not amused.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:15 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
Elections results already have been reviewed. It's called "certifying the vote", and every jurisdiction within every state, and then every state, does it.

The ignorance of folks concerning the elections process is sobering indeed.

If you can't grasp what is being discussed here - best not to comment.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:15 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
The left thinks they are punishing their enemies, and that is true short term.

But all they are really doing is creating an armed insurgency. When you take away someone’s voice, take away someone’s livelihood, and take away someone’s value in society, what do you think will happen?
Exactly. There is nothing unifying with anything he is allowing. No one in their right mind would want to unify with these things.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:18 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Ooh, viscousness. Are Democrats are going to smother Republicans to death with thick liquids?
Wouldn’t surprise me a bit, TBH.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:19 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
That's the problem right there. That is the REAL reason the Dems are attempting to impeach him - their hatred and skewed views on Trump - not the legal reason to do so. So blatantly obvious to even the most casual observer.
There is more to it than that. I believe it goes back to the shady deals and kickbacks from the Ukrainian Financial Aid and Chinese Investment deals. If Trump would have got 4 more years, he could have blown the lid off of that and everyone involved (Both D's and R's) would have gone to jail...including Pelosi. At her age, the rest of her lifetime/freedom is at stake.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:20 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:

But all they are really doing is creating an armed insurgency. When you take away someone’s voice, take away someone’s livelihood, and take away someone’s value in society, what do you think will happen?
I sadly agree. I hope trump os impeached, he needs to be. That said, cutting the head off the monster will just grow three more.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:22 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:

Excellent post. If or when that happens, the "When a long train of abuses....." will apply, as "our right..., our duty...."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies