Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 09:30 AM

43,055 posts, read 18,231,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The far right, who attempted to perpetrate this lie that the election was stolen, ain't seen nothin' yet.

Once the anger by the majority reaches a boiling point, it's hard to back down from the desire to seek revenge.

So, that's what you're seeing, and will continue to see, from the majority.

They will take abuse from the minority for only so long, and then will make their power felt. Painfully.
Do you plan to direct this revenge from your computer chair ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 09:31 AM

5,324 posts, read 3,206,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Should be equitable then like bakeries and wedding venues refusing service.
"Free market"..go find another bakery or venue.

But that's not what we are doing..is it ?
SCOTUS agreed that Government should not infringe on the religious rights of the owners so I'm not sure what your argument is.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:33 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,498,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The far right, who attempted to perpetrate this lie that the election was stolen, ain't seen nothin' yet.

Once the anger by the majority reaches a boiling point, it's hard to back down from the desire to seek revenge.

So, that's what you're seeing, and will continue to see, from the majority.

They will take abuse from the minority for only so long, and then will make their power felt. Painfully.
It’s not the far right. Even 1/3rd of independents and 10% of Democrats realize the election was stolen.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Then it should be ok to deny insurance to blacks for increased shooty shooty activity or the gays for the buttsex.
Insurance has the ability to charge higher premiums in a "shooty shoot" neighborhood so I'm not sure what your argument is.

Take my house out of its high income, low crime neighborhood and put it in a "shooty shoot" neighborhood and I'd imagine my house would be 3-4 times more expensive to insure.

So the market is working as designed.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
SCOTUS agreed that Government should not infringe on the religious rights of the owners so I'm not sure what your argument is.
But it went to SCOTUS. That is the point. That bakery's decision should have been left alone right from the start.

"free market capitalism" isn't equitable at all.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It’s not the far right. Even 1/3rd of independents and 10% of Democrats realize the election was stolen.
Aside from the made up statistics....

This isn't about right, left, independent - this is about Parler violating terms of service THEY AGREED TO and were warned to rectify.

The free market is working, as designed.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:35 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,862,033 times
All this talk about separating, and it looks like the trump supporters are making that happen without even trying.

Soon they’ll be on an island with their own platforms, internet, banking, insurance... congratulations “yous guys”!

Old 01-13-2021, 09:36 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Conservative Commentator Says AIG Canceled his insurance.

More importantly Schilling needs to get off Twitter...Hopefully Parler is able to come back up.

Support alternative platforms - duckduckgo.com, yippy.com, mewe.com, gab.com, clouthub.com

Canceled my Amazon Prime the other day.
Or, you know.....stop supporting seditionists and alt-right conspiracy theories know to have a detrimental effect on society.

What a shock, anti-social behavior is not a good thing on social media.

1,974 posts, read 1,100,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
B and S.
BS

Free speech is being canceled, everywhere the dirty leftsts can find it.
Not everywhere, only when its not their violence...

Threats and Violence Twitter wont Police
Hypocrisy of Twitter
Democrats who have Called for Violence BUT not been Censored
Why Hypocrisy on Violence Matters
Democrats Hypocrisy on Elections

Censor when convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Insurance has the ability to charge higher premiums in a "shooty shoot" neighborhood so I'm not sure what your argument is.

Take my house out of its high income, low crime neighborhood and put it in a "shooty shoot" neighborhood and I'd imagine my house would be 3-4 times more expensive to insure.

So the market is working as designed.
No but now precedent is set....they can be kicked out for their "social media profile"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies