Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2021, 07:15 AM

34,082 posts, read 17,140,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I hope things end well for them too.

But there is a central rot here that will outlive this family. If this was an isolated case then that would be that.

What concerns me is how much support she is getting online, people are promoting this as good behavior.

Especially as she was just being vindictive. I would not be as concerned had she maintained a solid relationship with her family her whole life, and had she not pimped the event as a fund raiser, but instead worked for a living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 07:44 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,141,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The Unabomber was turned in by his brother, would you have us believe he was wrong too?
You can see the inconsistent people in this thread.
If the unibomber broke into the capitol and put the bomb under Nancy Pelosis desk, they would twist themselves into knots to excuse his crime, just like they did for this girls thug parents and all of the people that broke into the capitol.

They are worried that kids turn in their parents for attacking people, as if they plan on doing illegal things in the future, and are afraid their families will turn them in for it.

These are the same people that get upset that black people in ghettos dont "snitch" to police when they see crimes.

Despicable people.

Old 01-16-2021, 08:19 AM

12,976 posts, read 9,679,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
If the unibomber broke into the capitol and put the bomb under Nancy Pelosis desk, they would twist themselves into knots to excuse his crime, just like they did for this girls thug parents and all of the people that broke into the capitol.

They are worried that kids turn in their parents for attacking people, as if they plan on doing illegal things in the future, and are afraid their families will turn them in for it.

These are the same people that get upset that black people in ghettos dont "snitch" to police when they see crimes.

Despicable people.
You are in no position to speak for these people, I doubt if all ghetto people think the same.

Old 01-16-2021, 08:43 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,300,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I hope things end well for them too.

But there is a central rot here that will outlive this family. If this was an isolated case then that would be that.

What concerns me is how much support she is getting online, people are promoting this as good behavior.
Yes, this same thing happened with Kellyanne Conway's daughter, the difference though was that she was a minor child. All these alleged adults on her Twitter account saying "you go girl" were beyond stupid, if that were me and people were egging my daughter on with her destructive behavior I would consider seeking legal action.

Old 01-16-2021, 08:55 AM

23,764 posts, read 12,642,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post

Despicable people.
You are quite clueless in this matter. It's not that she saw a family member who may have done something wrong that may have harmed others and turned them in because of that. It's that she had ulterior motives, revenge and bilking people out of money, as her sole reasons for turning them in.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:39 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,255,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
How the hell do you figure out their intent if not based on what they did? Are you a mindreader?

I do know a way that helps to narrow it down -- anything that was IMPOSSIBLE is not going to be something that they intended to do.
I leave that to the investigators plowing through the millions of social media postings about starting a revolution and installing T**** as a king or the equivalent. All I have to go on is the ones I have personally seen, which in itself is not an inconsiderable number. I'm sure there were some there like Elizabeth from Knoxville who apparently though a revolution was like a dance party and was enraged when she got maced, but if there were there, they weren't there as tourists and sightseers.

Now - Why don't you tell us what you think their intent might have been to show up in tactical gear with zip tie handcuffs with a gallows outside, coincidentally at the same time Congress was in session to confirm the Electoral College results, and directly following T****'s speech to them...?

Old 01-16-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You look at intent by what they were bringing with them.

Zip ties, guns, bombs, a crossbow, and a gallows. And you listen to what they were told to do, and what they were chanting.

It's really not so hard to figure out the intent of many in the mob. Unless you don't want to face facts.

The fact that they were prevented, by cops who were fighting them all damn afternoon, is no defense of their culpability and doesn't belie their intent to kidnap or kill lawmakers.
Yeah, but other than that whatcha got...?

Old 01-16-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedtheCat View Post
Didn't this angel participate in BLM riots this past summer? If so, I doubt her parents would be considered heroes for turning her in.

Just like how many parents are hailed as heroes for turning their sons in, complete with a 5 figure GoFundMe??

You're only defending her because she turned in her Right-wing Pro-Trump parents. If she turned them in for going to a BLM/Antifa riot, you'd hate her. I admit I've not "stalked" your post history here, and if I missed it, I apologize but I have yet to see you really condemn any left wing misbehavior

Lots' of double standards here, I've noticed.
Yes, there sure are. Most of the BLM protests were not "riots", and a lot of the violence was traced back to T**** supporters who showed up to create trouble as a diversion. That is publicly searchable, BTW.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Both the Nazis and Soviets encourage family members to snitch on each other... The liberals are proving day by day how they want to move the country into a new totalitarian State.
We Libs just diselected a wannabe fascist dictator, thanks. We'll sit pat for now.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
If the parents broke the law and the daughter wanted to turn them in, who am I to judge? That said, I hope this teen enjoys being cut off from her family. Tens of thousands from GoFundMe won't last very long.
Her family had already disowned her and thrown her out of the house because she had the nerve to be born gay. She won't miss a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies