Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 10:20 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Who do you think the national guard is currently protecting in the Whitehouse?!

To those that believe Trump was involved in the attempt to overthrow the Govt...how does it feel knowing you tax dollars are going to protect him right now?
I'm good with it.

A sitting president should never be without protection. That's not who we are, whether we despise his policies and personality.

But are they at the White House? I know they're at the Capitol.

And here's the commentary from one family of a National Guard member. Some of them don't have enough money for the correct tactical gear, they're not allowed to drink coffee, they're sleeping on the floor, they're having to buy their own meals at convenience stores because of the lack of food, there's no laundry service.

Really? Can't we do better than THIS??

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/n...c-372176499a28
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 10:27 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm good with it.

A sitting president should never be without protection. That's not who we are, whether we despise his policies and personality.

But are they at the White House? I know they're at the Capitol.

And here's the commentary from one family of a National Guard member. Some of them don't have enough money for the correct tactical gear, they're not allowed to drink coffee, they're sleeping on the floor, they're having to buy their own meals at convenience stores because of the lack of food, there's no laundry service.

Really? Can't we do better than THIS??

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/n...c-372176499a28
If that's true that awful

Old 01-16-2021, 10:31 AM

182 posts, read 94,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Four years and you guys just can't get it.

Trump was only a vehicle for us. My feelings about NAFTA, China, trade policies, illegal immigration, pollution, Paris Accord, etc etc were there long before trump and will remain unchanged after trump.
Exactly. They think Trump just happened, he was a reaction to policies that have long since been touted. Our complaints have been ignored and unrecognized for quite some time. I always wished it was someone else with less personal flaws to carry the torch.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Trump supporters are not in it for the politics. They are in it for the desire to serve their leader. He is the alpha and omega to them. That's it. They follow whatever he says and will die for him. Somebody posted that they were against free trade and illegal immigration and yada yada. If Trump today turned around and said he was FOR illegals and free trade these forums would light up with the loyalists extolling the virtues of cheap latin american labor and imported goods from Asia. He gives orders and they follow.
Shows how little you understand. We are for free trade, ACTUAL FREE TRADE. Not heavy handed workforce and environmental regulations that are only enforced shorside, forcing the offshoring of tens of millions of jobs and stifling wages. You probably think this doesn't affect you, so you refuse to legitimize our complaints, instead you twist our words and logic to suit your point of view.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
You may have a point. One thing I noticed about Trumpers (besides missing teeth) is that they have a chip on their shoulders about lack of education.
Oh no! Your hate is showing! I remember growing up in all black neighborhoods, I was the "white trash cracker" who people like you threw into the trash can, hung my shoes on the telephone lines, and spit in my face/jumped me on the daily. Your politically correct hate/resentment disgusts me.

I cant wait for the day the pendulum swings back, and you will feel our wrath.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:41 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556senditTX View Post
Exactly. They think Trump just happened, he was a reaction to policies that have long since been touted. Our complaints have been ignored and unrecognized for quite some time. I always wished it was someone else with less personal flaws to carry the torch.
Our govt has not represented the will of the people for quite some time imo....the Constitution demands citizens to step up when this happens.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:41 AM

18,104 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Trump has been a kon man for decades. Well-known to be a pathological liar. Will throw anyone under the bus. His latest: he's directed his team to not pay Rudy's bills. Typical behavior for the grifter in chief. He's had 6 bankruptcies so far, yet people think he's a brilliant biz man. He conned millions of people, told them what they wanted to hear, and they bought it.

He is a hateful, spiteful, man-child. His followers love that he brings chaos and dissension -- they think that's actually doing something useful. He signed a bunch of E.O. over the years, which have no real teeth to them, but his followers were too uneducated to realize that. His mentor is Steve Bannon - a drunkard who hates 'murica and wants nothing more than to destroy democracy.

Trump will go down in history as the worst U.S. president, worse than Andrew Johnson, and worse than Nixon by far.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Oh no! Your hate is showing! I remember growing up in all black neighborhoods, I was the "white trash cracker" who people like you threw into the trash can, hung my shoes on the telephone lines, and spit in my face/jumped me on the daily. Your politically correct hate/resentment disgusts me.

I cant wait for the day the pendulum swings back, and you will feel our wrath.
Don't make assumptions..... But. You proved my point.

You see the success of educated minorities and think that you deserve what they worked hard for.

Your wrath was felt in downtown Nashville and Charlotsville and the capital. We know what your wrath feels like..... All patriotic Americans have spoken up and are sweeping y'all into the dustbins of history

Old 01-16-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Shows how little you understand. We are for free trade, ACTUAL FREE TRADE. Not heavy handed workforce and environmental regulations that are only enforced shorside, forcing the offshoring of tens of millions of jobs and stifling wages. You probably think this doesn't affect you, so you refuse to legitimize our complaints, instead you twist our words and logic to suit your point of view.
See. That didn't even take long. When Trump figures out how to have press conferences I'm sure the marching orders will come and we shall see what the NEW MAGA policy will be.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:54 AM

26,585 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
...how does it feel knowing you tax dollars are going to protect him right now?
i'm also good with it.

as stated before, they're protecting the POTUS and that would be trump until jan 20 12pm or impeachment/25th
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies