Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 03:19 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,868,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Lolol....not really. I never listened to Trump speak but for a couple of times. The tech companies and people on this message board are where I personally get the idea that conservative voices, especially those who voted for Trump including independents, must be silenced, and sent off to some reeducation camp. It's even been said on MSNBC, so there's that. Also they've stated that children must be taken away from Trump supporters. See how that works? They want dissent silenced. I'm not paranoid. But they are using fascist techniques.
No one is trying to silence conservative voices. The calls to violence don't need to be given a platform though as evidenced by the insurrection on January 6th.

Really, please listen to something other than what you're listening to if you think liberals are going to take children away from Trump supporters. Nobody is going to put anybody in any kind of camp or anything like that. This is why we are where we are, with all the misinformation out there. The PBS attorney who talked about re-education camps has resigned, as it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 03:20 PM

29,226 posts, read 22,468,343 times
Some of the troop's strength is probably an over-reaction to the criticism all the security agencies got after the Capitol was so under-prepared and under-manned.

But the FBI and National Security have both gotten a lot of info that says there's some bad characters who have planned some lethal events that are supposed to happen during the inauguratheion.

There are enough troopers in the Capitol Hill area now to solidly protect the event and the people and buildings, and their presence possibly deter those threatened attacks. (I'm betting there's more depth in the protection than anyone is letting on.)

Biden announced he wants to hold the inauguration outside as the tradition calls for, and said while it won't be the grand packed event that others have been in the past, he wants it to present to the nation an image of confidence and courage.

I think our Congress people want that too, so I'm sure the inauguration won't be virtual or happen over Zoom or something.

And I wouldn't want to be some wacked-out gun totin' idiot who arrives at the Capitol all strung out on anger, amphetamines and way too much nicotine. Those guys are going to be outa there and behind bars before their car engines can cool down.
I'll bet all of those troops are on high alert as high as alert gets.

Old 01-17-2021, 03:22 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,935,372 times
As much as I hate defending Biden, he isn’t commander in chief yet.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:01 PM

8,602 posts, read 11,042,811 times
From what I know about drones, some can travel as far away as 40 miles, depending on their configuration and battery capabilities.
Theoretically someone in Virginia, or Maryland could be controlling a drone with a target in Washington dc.
With cameras and weapons on board, it would be a formidable, offensive device.
There are many different types of drones, and one made in a secret environment could have the potential to be extremely destructive, before anything could be done about it, because law enforcement , or the military would not know it's capabilities.

Obviously, according to news releases, something "big" has been planned for January 20th, so we will just have to wait and see what it is.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:04 PM
bu2

24,141 posts, read 14,977,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Twitter post as your source for information? I can see why QAnon has been such an successful Psyop.
Democrats believe everything they read on twitter.

Old 01-17-2021, 09:14 PM

19,903 posts, read 22,825,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Lolol....not really. I never listened to Trump speak but for a couple of times. The tech companies and people on this message board are where I personally get the idea that conservative voices, especially those who voted for Trump including independents, must be silenced, and sent off to some reeducation camp. It's even been said on MSNBC, so there's that. Also they've stated that children must be taken away from Trump supporters. See how that works? They want dissent silenced. I'm not paranoid. But they are using fascist techniques.
Seriously?

Jesus. What 'people' are saying to take children away from Trump supporters? Anything credible to back that up or just blather?

Old 01-17-2021, 09:22 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,362,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No one is trying to silence conservative voices. The calls to violence don't need to be given a platform though as evidenced by the insurrection on January 6th.
Yes, they are, and to say otherwise is naïve at best and complicit and evil at worst.

As to "calls for violence," where were you and your liberal comrades to decry the 2020 riots and attendant destruction by your lefty friends? Hypocrisy.

The rules are for thee not for me.

Old 01-18-2021, 01:41 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,470,873 times
So is it true or not? Were the ammo confiscated from the national guard?

Old 01-18-2021, 01:46 AM

8,725 posts, read 7,441,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Some of the troop's strength is probably an over-reaction to the criticism all the security agencies got after the Capitol was so under-prepared and under-manned.

But the FBI and National Security have both gotten a lot of info that says there's some bad characters who have planned some lethal events that are supposed to happen during the inauguratheion.

There are enough troopers in the Capitol Hill area now to solidly protect the event and the people and buildings, and their presence possibly deter those threatened attacks. (I'm betting there's more depth in the protection than anyone is letting on.)

Biden announced he wants to hold the inauguration outside as the tradition calls for, and said while it won't be the grand packed event that others have been in the past, he wants it to present to the nation an image of confidence and courage.

I think our Congress people want that too, so I'm sure the inauguration won't be virtual or happen over Zoom or something.

And I wouldn't want to be some wacked-out gun totin' idiot who arrives at the Capitol all strung out on anger, amphetamines and way too much nicotine. Those guys are going to be outa there and behind bars before their car engines can cool down.
I'll bet all of those troops are on high alert as high as alert gets.
I think the FBI and NS have more than proven their intel is garbage, if not just made up.

The latest capitol fiasco, so, where was their intel on that? 9/11 attacks, where was the intel? The list goes on and on and on.

Old 01-18-2021, 02:21 AM

13,450 posts, read 7,446,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Democrats believe everything they read on twitter.
Who won the white house and Senate Hmm not the Qanon followers. They are off storming the capital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies