Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 10:39 AM

25,757 posts, read 18,818,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I dunno. All I had to do was google and I found a news story. Some guy wrote a book about the Antifa group..not in a nice light.
I'd say.."someone who doesn't bother to verify something because it doesn't fit their narrative" can also apply.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...ctics-n2582974
When Antifa received word that Ngo's book was for sale at Powell's bookstore, they decided to show up and demand that the local chain cease selling it all together.
One of the people who showed up outside of Powell's bookstore said people need to show up every day until the store decides to stop selling the book. She compared the book to Mein Kampf.
And the antifa people are so STUPID that they don't realize what they are doing. The book hasn't officially been released yet and it is #8 top seller at Amazon right now. Way to go antifa! HIGH FIVE! (or is that a racist symbol now?) You are the best advertisement that book could ever have gotten. Without you violating people's constitutional rights, nobody would even know the book exists and sales would have been about like the latest fetish book in Amazon erotica.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 10:47 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
I posted a news story. It's true.
Thank you for that!

On that note, people are nuts. So tired of all of this. Hope the people fighting were arrested.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:50 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,152 times
It’s MAGA folks pretending to be Antifa , this guy from the corner was told from another person that went to school with his grandmother so it has to be true.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:55 AM

43,123 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And the antifa people are so STUPID that they don't realize what they are doing. The book hasn't officially been released yet and it is #8 top seller at Amazon right now. Way to go antifa! HIGH FIVE! (or is that a racist symbol now?) You are the best advertisement that book could ever have gotten. Without you violating people's constitutional rights, nobody would even know the book exists and sales would have been about like the latest fetish book in Amazon erotica.
I've read several articles written by him. More people should read them and become informed.

Antifa doesn't like what he wrote so they are demanding his book be removed.
Is that the America people are cheering for ?

The censoring, deplatforming and removal of books ?

Old 01-17-2021, 11:27 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556senditTX View Post
You NEVER see republicans blocking people from purchasing books,
That is sadly entirely untrue.

This is not a right/left issue. It is an American issue. We love to sacrifice our ethics for our morals, as a culture.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:49 AM

3,226 posts, read 1,606,559 times
Quote:
I dunno. All I had to do was google and I found a news story. Some guy wrote a book about the Antifa group..not in a nice light.
I'd say.."someone who doesn't bother to verify something because it doesn't fit their narrative" can also apply.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...ctics-n2582974
When Antifa received word that Ngo's book was for sale at Powell's bookstore, they decided to show up and demand that the local chain cease selling it all together.
One of the people who showed up outside of Powell's bookstore said people need to show up every day until the store decides to stop selling the book. She compared the book to Mein Kampf.
My understanding is Powell’s does carry Mein Kampf on their shelves, but no protest over that.

Everyone is protesting a book that hasn’t even been published yet! Has anyone read a single page of this book? They swear it is the most vile thing ever written, without reading a single word of it.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:57 AM

25,757 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
My understanding is Powell’s does carry Mein Kampf on their shelves, but no protest over that.

Everyone is protesting a book that hasn’t even been published yet! Has anyone read a single page of this book? They swear it is the most vile thing ever written, without reading a single word of it.
I recently ordered an American history book that supposedly forgoes the woke policy of rewriting history and has primary sources rather than a string of OpEd/rhetoric writer chain references as source material. I ended up ordering it from the actual publisher. It hasn't been released yet, but if you look at the amazon page, there are a bunch of negative reviews by people who have obviously not read it and have no way of knowing its contents.

I'm not going to name the book here as I did the Ngo book. If it ever actually gets published, I'll be interested to not only read its contents, but watch the woke suppressionist response.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:59 AM

43,123 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post

The author has written several articles on Antifa. He even went undercover into one of their groups.
If you have read any of his articles you know his book will not elevate Antifa to any type of praise.

And the owner of the bookstore already told them he won't have any physical copies and they will have to buy it online. They are demanding he remove the book from his online ordering system.

Old 01-17-2021, 12:05 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556senditTX View Post
You NEVER see republicans blocking people from purchasing books
You only see republicans overtake the Capitol to try and prevent the peaceful transition of power following democratic elections.

Old 01-17-2021, 12:07 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
There is a surprisingly long list of 'illegal books'...some of the titles/subjects are very interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies