Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 09:05 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
So the people who actually pay the majority of taxes get screwed again. Love wealth re distribution.
Then fight harder against these stupid "mandates" and restrictions. Don't sit back and take it, don't make excuses for it, don't buy into the fear mongering and bs "science", fight against it, or this will continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 09:11 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Received mine yesterday or the day before. (Paper check.)

I was very surprised to get it because we had moved since the last one was sent (debit card that time) and yet the check was sent to our new address, meaning that it was not forwarded from our previous address.

It makes me wonder that if the government can keep track like that, then what is the problem with making sure ballots are mailed to citizens at their current address with no "duplicates" sent? (Because if that info came from the Post Office, then why can't they do that with everyone who files a change of address?)

Old 01-20-2021, 09:23 AM

23,606 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
You don't expect the super wealthy to pay taxes either. Offshore accounts, specialized accountants etc. Someone fairly famous was recently discovered to have paid $750 in income taxes despite constantly bragging about how wealthy he is. Can't remember his name...
Probably Biden*. No one, including the IRS, seems to know where he parks those millions he'd made from China and other countries.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:28 AM

23,606 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Ok-its wed the 20th..anyone received a check yet?
Nope. Just received the mail today, nothing. Maybe it will show up sometime over the next couple of weeks.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:37 AM

17,623 posts, read 17,682,949 times
I filed my taxes. IRS site says my money was mailed January 6. Still haven’t gotten the check. Previous stimulus was direct deposited so I know they have our account number.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:39 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,952 times
Quote:
Everyone one i have spoken to says no. According to the IRS website Mine was supposedly mailed out on Jan 6th..its now the 18th...
Still asking for that friend

Old 01-20-2021, 10:01 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
Everyone one i have spoken to says no. According to the IRS website Mine was supposedly mailed out on Jan 6th..its now the 18th...
We did not. Our Pre-COVID earnings exceeded the threshold despite my wife being unemployed during the year of COVID and our income effectively cut in half.

The federal government is so efficient.

Old 02-19-2021, 09:19 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Nope never got it even though I definitely qualify for it. I do know quite a few high income earners all seem to get these checks. I filed a tax return last week and listed that I didn't get it. I had better get it now, or the congressman's office in my location is going to start hearing from me. Especially if a $1400 Stimulus is coming out next. I will not put up with missing out on what will be $2000 in payments, while everyone else is out spending their Stimulus payments. I don't know how the IRS is getting away with this. Not sending this money to all Americans that qualify for it. It's like they only sent half the people qualified the money.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:33 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
I haven’t received any of the checks, guess I made too much. But, as soon as I receive the last 1099, I will file and pay. I don’t want to stop the flow. Enjoy.

Old 02-20-2021, 09:12 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Nope never got it even though I definitely qualify for it. I do know quite a few high income earners all seem to get these checks. I filed a tax return last week and listed that I didn't get it. I had better get it now, or the congressman's office in my location is going to start hearing from me. Especially if a $1400 Stimulus is coming out next. I will not put up with missing out on what will be $2000 in payments, while everyone else is out spending their Stimulus payments. I don't know how the IRS is getting away with this. Not sending this money to all Americans that qualify for it. It's like they only sent half the people qualified the money.
I hope you get your money soon. The IRS needs to fix the because I have read a lot of people are missing payments. I never received the 2nd stimulus for my youngest child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies