Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 02:51 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,745,580 times

Advertisements

No, he’s just very smart and knows his base is brainless. They truly look like fools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 02:51 PM

13,670 posts, read 10,056,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It wasn't a matter of belief. He KNEW there was no election fraud. He had full access to all the information by virtue of his position.

He might not have been the most intelligent man in many ways, but he was clever and he knew how to work people and to tell a story in such a way that people believed him. That has always been his strength. It's a shame he used that talent wrongfully. It could have been different.
Exactly. He's sly like a fox and knows how to get what he wants via manipulation and magical thinking. He came to an end with this path but he'll still manipulate this loss into a "win" that will influence his followers to do his bidding. Taking the "I was robbed and it's an injustice" tack totally works for him and he'll use it going forward to remorph. He's like a cockroach. Nothing kills him.

Old 01-20-2021, 02:54 PM

8,324 posts, read 3,965,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
There absolutely was massive fraud.
You are right about that - the massive fraud was perpetrated by Donald Trump on every single one of his supporters that blindly believed anything and everything he told them. They ACTUALLY and TRULY believed that Trump won the election, simply because he said he did.

Don't ask me how somebody discards all of their critical thinking skills and rational powers of reasoning to finally get into a state where they will believe anything, no matter how ludicrous - but we have just seen it happen.

Old 01-20-2021, 02:56 PM

31,339 posts, read 14,394,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Since Trump is by all accounts, leaving willingly and peacefully, the question now is, if he ever TRULY believed there was election fraud? ( I dont think he ever did believe this).

He REPEATEDLY PROMISED to NEVER give up, to NEVER allow fraud to succeed...and yet Bidens inauguration day is here and Trump has already caved? (someone please explain this!)

When a person makes PROMISES, but then breaks them the first chance they get...their word becomes worthless.
Of course there was election fraud and plenty of it. But the biggest fraud of all was allowing massive mail in voting to begin with (and then not be able to check ID or matching signatures), and changing rules that shouldn't have been allowed to be changed. The democrats simply did a great job of covering their tracks, and making everything unprovable - and the Supreme Court declined to step in this time like they did back in 2000. Game/set/match. The swamp won, it's over.

But I gotta tell you - I'm sick and tired of arguing politics. You guys are going to see less of me on the politics boards -- unless Biden really does something stupid.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:41 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,583,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I do not know whether or not Trump truly believed there was fraud. There is a fine line between actually believing when compared to the act of convincing yourself the lie is true. The day after the election Trump stood in front of the media and held up a graph of the hour-by-hour calculation of the Wisconsin voting. He pointed to a spike in the voting that occurred in the wee hours of the morning and declared that no one could explain how this spike occurred therefore it was clear evidence of election fraud. I knew what the spoke was. It was absentee ballots being officially tabulated after being approved. It is not uncommon. So, did Trump actually know what the spike was all about and lied about it or, was he ignorant of it despite having a staff that surely should have enlightened him? And the follow-up question, what is worse, shocking ignorance or, shocking dishonesty?
Neither one is a good look for a President.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:43 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,583,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
No, he’s just very smart and knows his base is brainless. They truly look like fools.
“I LOVE THE POORLY EDUCATED” Donald Trump

Old 01-20-2021, 03:45 PM

1,162 posts, read 459,784 times
Anyone find it funny that libs call Trump a con when Obama was master at it

Old 01-20-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
“I LOVE THE POORLY EDUCATED” Donald Trump
Democrats love the poorly educated more.

They crush the under 30k vote

Old 01-20-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Of course there was election fraud and plenty of it. But the biggest fraud of all was allowing massive mail in voting to begin with (and then not be able to check ID or matching signatures), and changing rules that shouldn't have been allowed to be changed. The democrats simply did a great job of covering their tracks, and making everything unprovable - and the Supreme Court declined to step in this time like they did back in 2000. Game/set/match. The swamp won, it's over.

But I gotta tell you - I'm sick and tired of arguing politics. You guys are going to see less of me on the politics boards -- unless Biden really does something stupid.

Biden is already doing stupid things on his first day, lol

Old 01-20-2021, 03:52 PM

10,643 posts, read 4,146,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Since Trump is by all accounts, leaving willingly and peacefully, the question now is, if he ever TRULY believed there was election fraud? ( I dont think he ever did believe this).

He REPEATEDLY PROMISED to NEVER give up, to NEVER allow fraud to succeed...and yet Bidens inauguration day is here and Trump has already caved? (someone please explain this!)

When a person makes PROMISES, but then breaks them the first chance they get...their word becomes worthless.
He has the deep state against him. He's lucky he and his family are still alive. To be honest, I think they were just toying with Trump the whole time, and now he sees that they will rule forever until the God's come down to stop them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies