Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 04:03 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,517,534 times

Advertisements

Of course he did not believe that. Before the Iowa caucus he lost to Cruz he said the same thing. I can only lose if ites rigged. He throws up an excuse ahead of time. He is a snowflake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 04:08 PM

12,065 posts, read 10,336,628 times
No

Old 01-20-2021, 04:10 PM

12,065 posts, read 10,336,628 times
If he did he would have had better lawyers instead of a bunch of nuts. It’s like he purposely picked the craziest he could find.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:14 PM

88,915 posts, read 85,433,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You are exactly right. He started all that mail in ballot foolishness too. He started back in August if not before, spouting the election fraud craziness.
What I find perplexing is that he did this thing twice, and twice the same people fell for it. He started the "Birther" thing with Obama, carried it out as long as he could, sat there enjoying how he got people to believe some absolutely idiotic story that he concocted in his own head for his own entertainment, and then finally admitted that he'd made it all up.

Then he did it again with the election fraud stories, and so many swallowed his tale again.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:14 PM

9,503 posts, read 11,272,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Since Trump is by all accounts, leaving willingly and peacefully, the question now is, if he ever TRULY believed there was election fraud? ( I dont think he ever did believe this).

He REPEATEDLY PROMISED to NEVER give up, to NEVER allow fraud to succeed...and yet Bidens inauguration day is here and Trump has already caved? (someone please explain this!)

When a person makes PROMISES, but then breaks them the first chance they get...their word becomes worthless.
Yes.
He ran out of options.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:16 PM

6,822 posts, read 5,131,583 times
I doubt the matter of what is really the truth even enters his thought process. He doesn't care. All that matters is coming out on top.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:21 PM

3,522 posts, read 7,809,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
He REPEATEDLY PROMISED to NEVER give up, to NEVER allow fraud to succeed...and yet Bidens inauguration day is here and Trump has already caved? (someone please explain this!)

I think he realized he lost the support of the Republicans after the Capital Riots. He be lucky to not get impeached, or stay out of jail at this point. To push the Republicans around any more be a very bad idea. I'll have to say I was impressed the way bullied, threatened, and manipulated the Republicans to get what he wanted throughout most of his presidency. A growing number of Republicans are starting to realize things could have much worse. If the rioters saw someone that looked like a Senator / House Representative, they could have attacked and killed them before the rioters even realized, who they were. Hey this was a Trump supporter, Oops.

Old 01-20-2021, 07:31 PM

3,702 posts, read 5,025,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Won't happen ever again. People have asked, "Will we ever have have another Republican President?". The answer is No.

The 2020 election provided a blueprint to never have another competitive election, at least at that level and probably for Governorships, again. Millions of unverifiable mail in ballots. Any one who thinks the "signatures were checked" is an idiot to whom I will shortly sell a bridge connecting Maryland's Western and Eastern Shores.

My 89 year old mother never voted in her life and was never registered to vote. Yet in September of 2010 a mailin registration form from her was received where she lived. The kicker was that she had died in July.

The only reason it was caught was because the registration clerk who got it to process had stopped by the funeral home to talk to me (old high school friend of mine).
There are two possibilities:

1. Someone tried to register as her and didn't get to first base. However that isn't the only reason why the process stopped. The mail in registration should have contained information proving citizenship(an SSN or an partial SSN) and proof of where she lived. The SSN (if it were legit) would have been check against death certificate records and would have shown that she died(if filled out after death) and she would not have been placed on the voter registration. The SSN and other information(if not legit) would also stop the process. If she was a victim of identity theft(i.e. Someone, somehow got her SSN and correct address with proof) then she likely would have been placed on the voter registration.

2. She did register or someone did help her register to vote before her death. For instance a church member helped my grandma get a public transit pass that the family did not know about.

The term voter registration form is misleading. In some States, it is the form you fill out to get on the list of registered voters. In others it is the form stating that you actually are on said list. If she filled out the form a little before her death it could take until September for that a piece of mail stating that she is actually on the list to arrive.

Regardless of the possibilities

If her name got on the voter registration list it would have been removed next time it was purged(or cleaned) due to the death certficate hopefully being on file. Also if she didn't vote for two federal elections it can be removed as well.

Old 01-20-2021, 07:33 PM

16,221 posts, read 10,896,908 times
Trump's go-to strategy is to concoct the big lie and repeat it over and over and in as many ways as possiple. He did this repeatedly over the last four years on different topics. His swan song was the big lie about voter fraud. In spite of all evidence to the contrary, many of his worshipful followers still need to push the big lie on voter fraud and Trump's victimhood for no reason....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
There absolutely was massive fraud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
The attempt at deprogramming begins. Say it as loud as you can and as many times as you can but of course the election was rigged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Of course there was election fraud and plenty of it. But the biggest fraud of all was allowing massive mail in voting to begin with...
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
He has the deep state against him. He's lucky he and his family are still alive.
I'll let Trump respond...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
“I LOVE THE POORLY EDUCATED” Donald Trump
Oops...Trump's opinion notwithstanding, education has little to do with it. Critical thinking is more important and the die-hard Trumpers do not have that skill, or don't use it. They are unduly influenced by shiny things and big lies.

Trump knew there was no massive voter fraud as he claimed. He concocted that lie even before the election. He does not have the mental and emotional capacity to accept the loss. He has to lie "bigly" to survive loss and this was a huge public humiliation.

Old 01-20-2021, 07:58 PM

3,702 posts, read 5,025,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
I got voter registration forms for a long deceased parent. Some looked like a ballot and/or request form as well. Yup the blueprint will be followed. It continued in the runoffs. What was it a homeless shelter that could sleep maybe 100 hundred a night register a couple thousand voters there. Just one example.
Getting a voter registration form does not mean on the list of registered voters(in some states). Also an homeless shelter can easily register a lot of people. It served more than 100 people. Homeless shelters can offer more services than just a place to sleep at night and not every homeless person is going to go to the shelter every night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies