Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 08:07 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecksFiles_WeekdaysAt6 View Post
Yes, I mandate the dogs must bark in both English and Spanish.
Keep your day job, you're no stand up comedian. What a silly response.

Old 01-20-2021, 08:11 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
What exactly is wrong with this?
Why not recite it in Hebrew? or Latin? Good to see the bigoted, useful idiot expose herself.

Old 01-20-2021, 08:14 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It made as much sense as going to Japan and singing their national anthem in English or some other foreign language and speaking to them in a foreign language. WTH? She's always been an ethnocentric Latina with a tribal mentality. Our national anthem was written in English and should be sung in English and she was speaking to an audience who were mostly English speakers. She disgusts me!
The irony of you whining about someone exhibiting a tribal mentality.

Old 01-20-2021, 08:25 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
whole bunch of bigots in here getting offended when anyone dares to be bilingual. Oh noes!

OP is a pro-white who only wants you to speak murican good

the type of Karen who yells at people at the supermarket for speaking another language

Old 01-20-2021, 08:25 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Quote:
It made as much sense as going to Japan and singing their national anthem in English or some other foreign language and speaking to them in a foreign language. WTH? She's always been an ethnocentric Latina with a tribal mentality. Our national anthem was written in English and should be sung in English and she was speaking to an audience who were mostly English speakers. She disgusts me!
Her parents are from Puerto Rico and Puerto Rico is a)part of the US and b)has Spanish as an official language. And she didn't sing the national anthem. This entire post is ridiculous.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Her parents are from Puerto Rico and Puerto Rico is a)part of the US and b)has Spanish as an official language. And she didn't sing the national anthem. This entire post is ridiculous.
So what! Here on the mainland our national de facto language is English not Spanish. I'd be wiling to bet that most at the inaugural didn't even understand Spanish. How fair was that to them? JLo has always exploited her Latinoness. Just like she did at the Super Bowl half time show insinuating that we have no right to fend off illegal aliens who just happen to share her ethnicity. She puts her ethnicity above her Americaness and I have no use for people like that. Just what was her point anyway? I think I know and it disgusts me!

Old 01-20-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecksFiles_WeekdaysAt6 View Post
Gotta admit that was a ballzy move. Pretty punk rock of JLo.

Pretty offensive and arrogant, actually.

Old 01-20-2021, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
whole bunch of bigots in here getting offended when anyone dares to be bilingual. Oh noes!

OP is a pro-white who only wants you to speak murican good

the type of Karen who yells at people at the supermarket for speaking another language
Nothing wrong with being bi-lingual but there's a time and place for everything. Speaking Spanish at a presidential inauguration was not the place when our national de facto language is English and I'm pretty sure that most in attendance didn't understand Spanish. Citizens have to know English to vote so who the hell was she trying to reach?

WTH is murican? I never heard of that language. What does ones race have to do with anything? Do you think most blacks understand Spanish? No, they are native English speakers.

Old 01-20-2021, 10:03 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Why would she pandering in Spanish when you have to know English to become a U.S. citizen and only citizens can vote? Even Hispanics born here know English!
Because she can.

Old 01-20-2021, 10:06 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times
Default Lady Gaga today

Lady Gaga performed an emotional and uplifting national anthem today at the inauguration. She has a damned good voice.

What a heartfelt display of patriotism, it was nice to see. But it seemed like the past four years Democrats hated this country -- the early Americans killed Indians and owned slaves.

So I guess now they're in power they can love America again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies