Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 01:11 PM
bu2

24,104 posts, read 14,885,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
Alito is 70yrs old and younger than Mitch McConnell and two former Presidents that were there, and Biden of course too.

Considering how mask wearing was prevalent and part of the protocol, I believe covid was a convenient excuse for some not to attend, so nope covid doesn't invalidate anything here. It likely wasn't critical for Alito and likely Kavanaugh to attend either.

Given that the Democrats (with Kamala Harris in the Senate at the time) seemed to have personally wronged Kavanaugh from his confirmation, it was just interesting to see him there.

For the record, I'm not against Kavanaugh being there and kind of wish the Democrats or Kamala Harris in particular would extend an olive branch to him somehow, given that a lot of the Democrat/Republican division the last four years was triggered with that confirmation hearing, which wasn't even about Trump for the moment.
People who actually know what they are talking about know that mask wearing has only a marginal impact on impeding the virus. Now maybe if you wear a couple of N-95s and a face shield, coupled with a haz mat suit....

Seriously. People keep repeating this stupid stuff that a mask somehow is kryptonite against the virus.

Old 01-21-2021, 01:22 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Sorry, but that is not right at all. Harris was specifically talking about Tara Reade. She was not talking about Biden’s creepy and inappropriate behavior on stages over the last 5 decades. She specifically implied that he was a rapist, not someone who just smelled hair and touched arms.

Look, I get it, you are indoctrinated with leftist ideals so it makes you unable to practice objectivity. But realize that just about everyone on the other side can see through your blind spot on this issue.
Could you please provide the link, or the source, where Harris said, or "implied" (and there's a big difference between those two words) that Biden was a rapist?

I'm not giving you a hard time, I genuinely want to know.

Old 01-21-2021, 01:49 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
Could you please provide the link, or the source, where Harris said, or "implied" (and there's a big difference between those two words) that Biden was a rapist?

She said she believed Biden made some women uncomfortable she never called him a rapist

Old 01-21-2021, 02:44 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,344,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Hope getting that off your chest makes you feel better.

BTW, I voted for Trump, twice. That does not mean I drank the kool- aid or consider myself a part of his base.

I am politically agnostic and don’t view life through a political lens.
That surprises me that you voted for Trump. Still not sure why you tried to minimize Biden’s racist and rapist past though? It’s very obvious to me.

Old 01-21-2021, 02:47 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Stop being disingenuous and using left leaning fake “fact checkers” to prove your point. It’s not fooling anyone.

Harris said she believed the women who accused Biden. The women firmly stated that Biden raped and sexually assaulted them. So what should we take from that? That Biden is a rapist.

As far as the bussing, she rightly accused Biden of opposing bussing and working with segregationists. So what should we take from that? That Biden is a racist.
I've found FactCheck.org to be one of the most reputable sources of information that exists. Please provide a reputable source to support your criticism. You are making accusations that are only based on right-wing rumors with no evidence.

Old 01-21-2021, 04:56 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
People tend to believe anything when it seems to validate their perceptions.

She did not call Biden a papist or racists.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/08/ha...t-or-a-rapist/
To be more accurate, she believes those women that accused him of rape and sexual assault.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kamal...b094d3f5c5750f

But nice try at trying to cover it up.

Old 01-21-2021, 05:26 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post

This one gets into it a little bit. It talks more about how she says Joe works with racists and segregationists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjEPOmpOF7U

Old 01-21-2021, 05:29 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Those hairy armpit feminist are between a rock ...

Harris had to say she thought they had every right to tell their story. That's the drill. That does not mean she has to believe them.

That's what started that whole silly Kavanaugh mess in the first place. The woman came to Feinstein with her story. What was the senator supposed to do? It exploded into a he said she said mess that any fool would have seen coming.

Then what? The woman didn't want her story to be public at first. Then why idid she open her mouth?

Any woman running for office has to walk a fine line between the believe any and all women and ignore them. Which is it? I remember Tawana Brawley. Some women are telling the truth, some are not.

Old 01-21-2021, 05:30 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
People with integrity never get to the upper echelon.
that says it all for harris.

Old 01-21-2021, 05:35 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Stop being disingenuous and using left leaning fake “fact checkers” to prove your point. It’s not fooling anyone.

Harris said she believed the women who accused Biden. The women firmly stated that Biden raped and sexually assaulted them. So what should we take from that? That Biden is a rapist.

As far as the bussing, she rightly accused Biden of opposing bussing and working with segregationists. So what should we take from that? That Biden is a racist.
One woman with low credibility has accused Biden of sexual misconduct. Much of what this woman alleged makes no sense.

Biden is known to have been handsy with women in the past, as have many older men.

Biden did not believe the accusations against Clarence Thomas back in the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies