Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 03:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times

Advertisements

Since the failed coup attempt on 1/6 I've been wondering what the next move for Trumpers is going to be.

Will Trump form a new political party and try to retake the current government by traditional democratic vote? The problem there, of course, is that they believe they were robbed in November and this might not be a viable option.

Will Congressional Republicans continue to specifically urge violence against Democrats in hopes of Democrats simply "giving" the current government to Republicans?

Will Trump try to overthrow the government again as he did on 1/6?

Or will they just give up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 03:13 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
I think in the end its still all about Trump. I expect he will either get a payoff, or he will startup his patriot party grift. Which will utterly destroy the GOP, and pretty much allow all the Democrats to gain and keep winning elections.

But the idea of trying to do a coup is over. I think the reaction by folks has made it clear that that was not, and is not, viable at this point in time.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:16 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Will Congressional Republicans continue to specifically urge violence against Democrats
TRANSLATION: Maybe if I can keep repeating this lie often enough, I can get somebody to believe me. It worked for Herr Goebbels and his party.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:20 PM

5,347 posts, read 3,219,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: Maybe if I can keep repeating this lie often enough, I can get somebody to believe me
Kind of like, I don't know, "I lost due to FRAUD"

Old 01-22-2021, 03:22 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Since the failed coup attempt on 1/6 I've been wondering what the next move for Trumpers is going to be.

Will Trump form a new political party and try to retake the current government by traditional democratic vote? The problem there, of course, is that they believe they were robbed in November and this might not be a viable option.

Will Congressional Republicans continue to specifically urge violence against Democrats in hopes of Democrats simply "giving" the current government to Republicans?

Or will they just give up?

A bunch well behaved people protesting an obviously stolen election is not an attempt to overthrow govt. The group that pushed itself into the capitol and caused trouble weren't trying to do that either -- and some of them were dem. plants put there to make Trump and his supporters look bad. If you think that was a real attempt to overthrow the govt. - I have a bridge to sell you.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:23 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
Unfortunately for trumpers the crab bucket mentality keeps them from gaining enough momentum to get anything done.
Now that Dear Leader has lost his platform, he will sink back into obscurity and his following will splinter.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:25 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Having 'orange man bad' withdrawals already? Hahah.

Nobody is overthrowing anything (except via election fraud) but the MAGA movement, or whatever you want to call the America First idea, is going to grow even without Trump.

Old 01-22-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think in the end its still all about Trump. I expect he will either get a payoff, or he will startup his patriot party grift. Which will utterly destroy the GOP, and pretty much allow all the Democrats to gain and keep winning elections.

But the idea of trying to do a coup is over. I think the reaction by folks has made it clear that that was not, and is not, viable at this point in time.
This is possible I suppose but his minions will never accept the results of another election again. There's a contingent that isn't turning back. You saw those psychos among the psychos on 1/6.

Old 01-22-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Having 'orange man bad' withdrawals already? Hahah.

Nobody is overthrowing anything (except via election fraud) but the MAGA movement, or whatever you want to call the America First idea, is going to grow even without Trump.
But how without believing in the validity of elections?

There's the rub.

I'm not exclusively Orange Man bad, remember? I honestly do think the election was rigged by the Democrats and a very sizable contingent of mainstream Republicans. Enough to keep it under wraps for a long long long time. The lawsuits and whatnot were just window dressing and desperation. The fix was in prior to the election but there's no mechanisms in place to audit it.

In any event, I just find it fascinating that the President of the United States tried to overthrow the government and for the most part nothing is going to happen or be addressed.

But as an anarchist it's all s*its and giggles to me.

Old 01-22-2021, 06:36 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: Maybe if I can keep repeating this lie often enough, I can get somebody to believe me. It worked for Herr Goebbels and his party.
And you are doing the same thing with your election fraud spiel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies