Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 05:07 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,068,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Amazing how much less on edge you feel when you don't have to worry 365 days a year that the President is going to start a war, destroy the market, or blow up the country with Tweets every single day at 2 AM in the morning. We finally have an adult in office that also actually has a proposed plan to tackle the out of control COVID problem rather than making false claims that the sunlight will take care of it, or that hydroxychloroquine will magically stop the pandemic in its tracks. Thank god we have someone in office with a semblance of competency who also isn't constantly making the country live on edge every single day. It'll be nice finally being able to go an entire week without having to worry about who's running the country for once.
Lol Biden will have us in a war soon enough. Trump was the only president not to start a war..fact!

Old 01-23-2021, 05:11 AM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Amazing how much less on edge you feel when you don't have to worry 365 days a year that the President is going to start a war, destroy the market, or blow up the country with Tweets every single day at 2 AM in the morning. We finally have an adult in office that also actually has a proposed plan to tackle the out of control COVID problem rather than making false claims that the sunlight will take care of it, or that hydroxychloroquine will magically stop the pandemic in its tracks. Thank god we have someone in office with a semblance of competency who also isn't constantly making the country live on edge every single day. It'll be nice finally being able to go an entire week without having to worry about who's running the country for once.
Politics has never been the top priority in my life so no..I never felt on edge.
Locally we are very removed from what goes on in DC.

Trump was the first President in quite some time to NOT have started a war.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:12 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
Lol Biden will have us in a war soon enough. Trump was the only president not to start a war..fact!
AMEN....

Dem's Love War...

Biden - WORSE FAKE PRESIDENT EVER.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:19 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
Anyone who thinks Biden is smarter than Trump is mentally retarded.
you know the uhh the uhh the thing.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:31 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Oh right, that’s why Biden and **not Trump** required a loyalty test from military members guarding him.

That’s why Biden and **not Trump** has disabled comments on White House videos

That’s why Biden and **not Trump** refused to answer a reporter’s questions on Day 2.
I won't argue with you except to say Biden was a bit nervous about the military since the Capitol police and some members of the military were indeed blindly loyal to Trump. Don't blame him there.

I don't watch the press briefings, but I can assure you that Biden didn't castigate the reporter or call him or her fake news when they asked their question.

Nice try though.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:33 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
hopefully that also includes there are only two sexes XX/XY in the human mammal kingdom
You sure about that?
https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/scienc...animal-kingdom

Old 01-23-2021, 08:44 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
i specifically say sex, not gender.

you do know the difference, right?

Old 01-23-2021, 08:52 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Yeah, I feel so much safer now with virtual open borders Biden in charge now.....not!

Old 01-23-2021, 08:52 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
also, in the article you posted it mentions 7 gender-bending animals. Not animals with 7 genders.

In another word, there are still only 2 genders or sexes in the animal kingdom

Old 01-23-2021, 09:20 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
sorry to burst your bubble, but the economy was not good pre-covid. it was, well... a bubble.
stock market bubble, housing bubble...
I disagree.

That "housing bubble" is still going strong here. What will happen when the foreclosures hit? I think it will be ugly with millions filing for unemployment and over 900,000 filing again this month.

You can research job growth, anybody can do that, unless you've been gas lighted into believing only right wing lies.

From 2011-2016 there was over 2 million jobs created per year. Over 3 million jobs were created in 2014 alone. Trump inherited 6 years and 4 months of positive employment growth. During Obama's administration unemployment peaked at 10% because of the recession. It was at 4.8% after Obama left office.

True, the GDP rate under Obama was at its worse with a -3.9%, but , we were coming out of a severe recession. After that low, the economy had 29 quarters of positive growth, that continued under Trump.

Obama had a high of 3.8% GDP rate in March of 2015. Trump's high? 3% after that big beautiful trickle down tax cut.

Don't even talk to me about the deficit.
Yes, the stock market increased 28% under Trump vs 11% under Obama, but is that Trump's doing? I don't think so. The stock market has 11 different sectors that contribute to its growth and foreign investors. How does one president control the outcome of all of those sectors and the whims of foreign investors? The stock market is a beast all of its own.

Has Trump's trade war benefited America? Ask the farmers now on corporate welfare. Ask the consumers paying through the nose for anything made in China, which is most of everything we buy.

Trump left office with 3 million less jobs than when he took over. Why? Covid of course. When you look at places that did a far better job like Taiwan, who never shut down their economy and people wore masks from day one, you understand with crystal clarity that Trump's lies cost us precious time containing this virus.

I don't see a bubble. I see a strong job market destroyed. I see misery living with this out of control pandemic that never should have happened in our country. I see a lot of hungry people and unemployed that can't pay their rents or mortgages.

Did Trump do good things? Yes he did. He brought back 6 million manufacturing jobs, at the cost of the environment, but if jobs is all you value then look the other way.

It's just about all gone now. Biden inherits a 6.7% unemployment rate. Not quite as bad as what Obama had to deal with. Fortunately, science came to our aid and developed multiple vaccines for Covid. I think Biden's team will do a better job of distribution than team Trump. I see the relief in Fauci's eyes when he speaks freely about the task ahead. Maybe, just maybe, all of the real best people will manage to pull us out of this Covid nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies