Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 10:50 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,564,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, it does feel like a weight has been lifted. How refreshing that press briefings will be transparent. No more lying and gaslighting to cover for an ineffective president. What a relief that the scientific and medical communities will once again be listened to with regard to Covid. Trump signed so many executive orders out of spite and hatred for Obama. I'm already liking the ones that Biden has overturned. I think he has his work cut out for him for sure, and the loyal Trump supporters will hate everything he does and will have criticism for him every single day. That's okay. That won't stop him from doing what he needs to do to try and get this country back on track. It's wonderful knowing that policy decisions won't be announced by tweet, there won't be any hateful name-calling and belittling of anyone who disagrees with him, no rallies will be held because his ego is in need of stroking. He will be in his office, communicating with his staff, Congress and our allies, working, not tweeting, raging, fomenting, etc. It is nice to have mature leadership in charge again.
All thinking Americans share your relief that we no longer are subjected to that idiocy. As the election proves, we are still only a slim majority, such is the depth of the Dumbing Down of America and an alternate reality electronic media that millions have elected to subscribe to.

Old 01-23-2021, 12:24 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,075,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Trump supporters seem to be really irritated, knowing Biden is so much more competent, honest, and intelligent than Donald is.

I love it.

One example for each:

Competent.....From Defense Secretary Gates, under Obama. He refused to retract the statement.

"I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades." - Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates

Honest..........Nope, that whole China and Ukraine thing is too easy.

Lets go back to 1987, when Biden stole an ENTIRE speech from a British politician without attribution. He had to quit his run for President. It was that bad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...013_story.html

Intelligent......EVERY THREE year old knows not to pull the tail of dog. Not our President!!! He is lucky the dog didn't bite the family jewels.

President-elect Joe Biden on Thursday revealed that he broke his foot tripping on a rug after a shower as he chased one of his dogs and grabbed its tail.

It will be a very interesting four years, if the Democrats, don't invoke the 25th amendment first.

Old 01-23-2021, 12:41 PM

14,244 posts, read 4,620,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Trump supporters seem to be really irritated, knowing Biden is so much more competent, honest, and intelligent than Donald is.

I love it.
Took DT one try to make it to President despite having zero experience in politics or connection in the old-boy network in DC

Took Biden three times before he made it despite having 50 years in politics and ball-deep in the old-boy network in DC

Old 01-23-2021, 12:45 PM

4,908 posts, read 2,703,906 times
who's winning this pissing match?..

you go Joe!!...

Old 01-23-2021, 06:42 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,075,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
who's winning this pissing match?..

you go Joe!!...

America lost.

Details to follow in the coming months.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:57 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,901,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Proud to be an American again!
I was always proud to be an American. That never changed for me.

I feel a weight is lifted for a number of reasons, mostly because the open and petty hostilities between Trump and the left is at an end. That doesn't;t mean that I think a hair sniffing pervert who struggles to complete a thought is the solution. He had 47 years to be a solution but was part of the problem.

The OP is either swimming in the Koolaid or ate the concentrate. I was never worried about Trump getting us into a war, the Democrats, historically are the grand masters of getting us into wars. Biden is no exception and was part of the Obama team. If I live to be a hundred Ill never understand why Libya or Syria was our problems to contend with.

Iraq violated the cease fire Treaty so many times it became a norm. I get that one, kind of. Afghanistan? They were sheltering terrorists, but then so does Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Malaysia and many other countries. Some countries even consider Israel a sponsor of terrorism.

Biden is a much smoother speaker. Trump made me want to stab myself in the eardrums. He is absolutely the worst public speaker ever to hold office. Then the childish tweets. The petulant rants of a 9 year old and yes the daily lies. He is exactly what I expected him to be. An obnoxious and petty Dick.

Old 01-23-2021, 07:22 PM

2,448 posts, read 898,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I was always proud to be an American. That never changed for me.

I feel a weight is lifted for a number of reasons, mostly because the open and petty hostilities between Trump and the left is at an end. That doesn't;t mean that I think a hair sniffing pervert who struggles to complete a thought is the solution. He had 47 years to be a solution but was part of the problem.

The OP is either swimming in the Koolaid or ate the concentrate. I was never worried about Trump getting us into a war, the Democrats, historically are the grand masters of getting us into wars. Biden is no exception and was part of the Obama team. If I live to be a hundred Ill never understand why Libya or Syria was our problems to contend with.

Iraq violated the cease fire Treaty so many times it became a norm. I get that one, kind of. Afghanistan? They were sheltering terrorists, but then so does Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Malaysia and many other countries. Some countries even consider Israel a sponsor of terrorism.

Biden is a much smoother speaker. Trump made me want to stab myself in the eardrums. He is absolutely the worst public speaker ever to hold office. Then the childish tweets. The petulant rants of a 9 year old and yes the daily lies. He is exactly what I expected him to be. An obnoxious and petty Dick.
Yes, Biden is a fine speaker. And Steve Buscemi is a handsome man, and Applebee's has fine food, and Oscar the Grouch emits a fragrant odor.

Old 03-23-2023, 10:25 AM

6,278 posts, read 3,437,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Amazing how much less on edge you feel when you don't have to worry 365 days a year that the President is going to start a war, destroy the market, or blow up the country with Tweets every single day at 2 AM in the morning. We finally have an adult in office that also actually has a proposed plan to tackle the out of control COVID problem rather than making false claims that the sunlight will take care of it, or that hydroxychloroquine will magically stop the pandemic in its tracks. Thank god we have someone in office with a semblance of competency who also isn't constantly making the country live on edge every single day. It'll be nice finally being able to go an entire week without having to worry about who's running the country for once.
Wow...do you feel the same today as you did in 2021?

Old 03-23-2023, 10:28 AM

10,561 posts, read 7,089,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
America lost.

Details to follow in the coming months.
This prophecy was fulfilled.

Old 03-23-2023, 10:33 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,324,207 times
This thread aged well, LOL. Goes to show you how mainstream media manipulates public opinion. Democrats really were scared Trump was going to start WW3, when in reality Biden has a greater chance of starting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies