Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 08:30 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrcollie View Post
The reason many restaurants aren't doing well is because people are playing it safe and staying home. If a restaurant business is failing, they need to go into a different line of business. Same as an individual would have to do if he was failing in his job.
I am calling bull**** on this. The reason restaurant business is failing is because local government keeps shutting it down, not because people are playing it safe and staying home.

One prime example is where I live in Los Angeles County. LA County prohibited indoor and outdoor dining with very strict enforcement action since December. To the south of us is our neighboring Orange County. Orange County also prohibited indoor and outdoor dining, but they are very lax on enforcement action. I take my family to dine in OC every weekend because everything is closed in LA. Restaurants are PACKED in OC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 08:34 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Interesting how last Saturday the cases weren't down enough to re-open but this Saturday they are. Not so much a conspiracy theory as it is obvious that they waited till Trump had no power before they even considered re-opening. The libs hate Trump so much they didn't want him to re-open and have the economy boom.
Interesting how data trends work.
Might want to google that.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:38 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
As I understand it, Trump not only allowed the virus to surge, he was actually a part of why the virus was blossoming here in the first place. Now that Trump is gone the nation can start to heal. Sick king, sick land, you know? Straight out of Arthurian legend.
Oh? And how could he have stopped it from surging? What did you expect him to do? Take a page from the Chicoms and lock everybody in their apartments with a slot in the door for food deliveries? Even that didn't work for the Chicoms.

No, the nation won't "heal" under Biden. Quite the opposite will happen. Biden is off to a nightmarish start with his EOs.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:40 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
I feel you. Biden not deporting illegal criminals in this country, putting 11,000 people out of work getting rid of Keystone pipeline, even more out of work after the stopping of building border wall. This is going to get crazy. Americans are already regretting it.

I miss Trump, too.
I miss Trump, too. Also, I worry what America will be like for my grandkids when they are older.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:45 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It wasn`t a Democrat who was impeached for trying to extort a personal favor from a foreign leader with an aim to rig the election. "Can you do us a favor"? You do remember that one i`m sure.
We also remember Biden threatening Ukraine to withhold their money unless they fired the prosecutor that was going after his kid. That was worse than the phone call Trump had and Biden should've been impeached right then and there.

It's also interesting that CNN has stopped showing their Covid death toll since Biden took over.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:48 PM

1,018 posts, read 511,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
Now suddenly Amazon is offering their services in distributing the vaccine nationwide.

Coincidence, I’m sure, that Biden was just inaugurated.
Right. They don't want Trump taking credit for such success. Pathetic.

Old 01-23-2021, 09:16 PM

4,168 posts, read 4,881,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
we won. get over it.
So what is it exactly that you think you "won"...???

Old 01-23-2021, 09:25 PM

215 posts, read 258,772 times
Default No, Biden is dancing to the BLM and Antifa Crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If you`re referring to the Capitol poopers you`re absolutely correct that they are unhappy. Americans who don`t support beating policeman with flag poles and killing one with a fire extinguisher are quite pleased to see a sane man in charge again. This president is not dancing to the tune of the gun nuts and Ku Kluxxers.
Months of destruction in Seattle, Portland, Kenosha with Democrat mayors and not one word from Biden Pelosi, or any democrat denouncing the billions of dollars of destruction. Businesses burned, people murdered, police stations burned to the ground. And many of the Capitol rioters were also Antifa members.

So shouldn’t Americans denounce all violence and destruction? No, Biden is dancing to a tune only he hears in his head. Pathetic!

Old 01-23-2021, 09:46 PM

215 posts, read 258,772 times
Default I’ll answer for them, see if I get it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
So what is it exactly that you think you "won"...???
I’m not a Democrat but I’ll try to answer for them....

Democrats won the right to remove the border protections that were put in place to protect Americans, they won the right to stop the construction of our border wall that protects Americans but puts illegals first.

Dems won so US taxpayers can pay for health insurance for the 11 million illegals that are here in the US.

Dems won so the caravan of 9000 illegals coming from South America can come into the US without any vetting or evidence of being self supporting.

Dems won and we can now stop the Keystone Pipeline construction ending good paying union jobs and the Congressional budget office estimates will effect on total about 71,000 jobs in total. Dems won so now we can go back to higher gas prices, be dependent on foreign supply again and get involved in more foreign wars.

Most important, as Dems we will return to NOT putting America first. China trade will return as we need our leaders to continue to live their lavish lifestyle. And this applies to some in our opposing party, the GOP too. That’s why we had to get rid of any outsider (DJT) that might disrupt our normal.

Just a few things . . .

Last edited by hrsource; 01-23-2021 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: Added first sentence

Old 01-24-2021, 09:08 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Bingo.

Clearly Biden lied about controlling the virus and Democrats incorrectly hedged their bets on a vaccine.

It’s almost as if America is the most unhealthiest developed country in the world, and politicians shouldn’t run on campaign promises to control covid.

You know, so you don’t have to admit another 100K people will die under your watch.
Classic ultra right tactic: Break into the house, set it ablaze, and then accuse the fire department of not arriving on time, putting water in the wrong places, and "doing it wrong."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies