Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 11:06 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,753,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Honestly I don't have a big emotional investment on what happens here on this physical plane, to this particular country... I'm fast tracking my work on self acceptance, mastery, enlightenment, and "undoing" ... to me that's the main journey now.. who is president, what they decide to do, it's just "world events" and not all that important.

I come here mostly for entertainment. It's still an unhealthy habit of mine I'm working on breaking, haha. Pretty much everything conservatives predicted is happening though... new wars, pandering to the "swamp creatures" ... the only thing that has changed is Biden is not a troll, and Trump was, and the left can't look past behavior and people's personality. They worship personality, when in fact personality is a very impersonal aspect of consciousness and largely out of the control of many people. They simply can't help acting the way they do. There's a reason people in power try to control the masses via psychological manipulation and control of information. To a degree I can understand their dilemma. Chaos vs order... individual versus collective... what I don't understand is using divisive techniques for political gain.. the ends don't justify the means. My conclusion is they are simply human.. flawed like the rest of us, with their own unspoken motives and intentions that they think are good but may not be as good as they think.
Nice post. I largely agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 11:07 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,465,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It feels like we’ve rescued our country from Fascism, which we did. Democracy prevailed.
These feelings are illusory.

There was not fascist threat, besides the adults returning to power.

These adults are eager to engage in more wars and open trade with slave labor.

This is the 'democracy' you voted for.

35,816 posts, read 18,155,135 times
According to this AP article, the US is collaborating with Israel in placing troops in Syria, coming from our troops already in Iraq.

So those who have been chest pounding at Trump's good relationship with Israel, take note. This is an Israel/US combined effort.

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/middl...t-syria-report

68,363 posts, read 54,576,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I didn't think he would target our economic independence so hard and so soon.

He has order troop surges in Iraq:
https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/ba...allenge-656236

Please point out where the cited article states "He has order troop surges in Iraq"?

And Hell NO! I don't t regret voting to send Donny packing as a one term LOSER.

1,768 posts, read 570,880 times
No regrets at all!

Old 01-23-2021, 11:08 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,753,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
The only way to throw a vote away is to not vote at all.

If I saw anything in either one of the major parties I could sign up for, it might make more sense to vote that way. However, all I see is more and more corruption, more obsession with throwing grenades back and forth, and more and more of a “let them eat cake” from the ruling class in DC. I’m not particularly interested in using my vote to perpetuate that ugly cycle.
Both parties are trash as is DC. I fear for the future of the country. Well I really fear for my kids. I'll be fine.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:13 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,909,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
The only way to throw a vote away is to not vote at all.

If I saw anything in either one of the major parties I could sign up for, it might make more sense to vote that way. However, all I see is more and more corruption, more obsession with throwing grenades back and forth, and more and more of a “let them eat cake” from the ruling class in DC. I’m not particularly interested in using my vote to perpetuate that ugly cycle.
The thing is Trump wasn't really the Republican party, he was practically taking a wrecking ball to it and realigning it by getting support from an increasing majority. He was far away the best option if you wanted to accomplishing anything against a major party.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:14 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,431,714 times
He's been in office for what equates to a long holiday weekend.

Slow ya roll, playa'.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:18 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,407,859 times
Nope. Never will regret voting for the better option. He won’t be perfect and I’m not emotionally invested in a politician. Trump was an epic disaster who needed to go.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:25 AM

7,977 posts, read 5,010,030 times
He was the only choice between him and Trump, so you can't regret it. But Biden/Warren/Gabbard were far better candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies