Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2021, 02:15 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,426 times

Advertisements

no mask is the new mask
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 02:46 PM

104 posts, read 61,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
This must be a joke right?

Sadly the rona panic will cause a lot of mental damage to some people. In 20 years there will still be some people wearing masks and even some who avoid leaving home. Psychological damage can be very long term.
Is that Kristinas_Cap is real person ? rubber bands ? 70% rubbing alcohol ? this is ridiculous and insane.

Old 01-26-2021, 03:02 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
An N95 topped with a stylish cloth mask is the way to be seen today. Even KN95, Chinese knock offs of the real thing, can be quite effective this way as it improves the seal of the KN95 to the face. Mask up and live. Mask it or casket.
OMG I just totally laughed out loud. That is good comedy.

I don't know if I'll start doing the two mask deal. I've worn a normal mask since day one and have traveled numerous times and no Rona yet. Once I start wearing two I'll probably get it

Old 01-26-2021, 03:10 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This is great now 2 masks from Joeys China are now to be required

Old 01-26-2021, 07:33 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Do you quarrel with Taiwan's statistics? Exactly HOW did Taiwan manage a mere 888 cases in a country of 24 million? Magical thinking?
Likely, magical statistics. I do "quarrel" with them. And that's just Taiwan.

Do you seriously believe that mainland China only had 89K cases (as of 26 January 2021) and 4.6K dead? Or is it more likely that these numbers are 10X or 100X off? Or that India only had 154K deaths?

Meanwhile, countries like Germany and the Netherlands and Belgium are such a bunch of hapless irresponsible ninnies, who despite having world-leading medical establishments, are sustaining 6X-10X as many per capita infections as India, and 300X as many per capita infections as China? Really?

Old 01-28-2021, 03:39 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes they are uncomfortable. They hurt your head, your ears, your face, they make it difficult to breath, deprive you of oxygen making you light headed, dry out your mouth, make it difficult to hear/understand others and they fog up your glasses.
One mask sounds silly to me if you are not sick.
There is no concrete proof they prevent one from spreading the virus.
I don’t get any discomfort from them at all, let alone the more dramatic symptoms you list you might be a good candidate for a valid exemption if that’s what happens to you.

The concrete proof isn’t that you can’t spread it. It’s that it lessens spread. As part of a suite of best practices, masks are just one tool to lower spread. Just because it ain’t perfect, doesn’t mean it’s without merit.

Old 01-28-2021, 03:42 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyskies1999 View Post
Everybody I know that has tested positive for coronavirus has ALWAYS worn their mask. They do not do anything other than make some people "feel good". Two or ten masks isn't going to make a difference as people will not be able to breathe and will lower them, defeating the whole "purpose".
I doubt they wore their masks 24/7.

Many people are getting the virus not from going grocery shopping, but from close interactions with friends and relatives and not wearing masks and social distancing during those interactions.

Just like the BS analysis in NYC that showed a lot of people who died from the virus were locking themselves down, but failed to mention the number of visitors they had during this locking down they did. Sure, they did not go anywhere, but the 30 members of their family that visited them did.

Old 01-28-2021, 03:44 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
oh yes they are uncomfortable, 100 percent they are uncomfortable, are you kidding me??????

and i think they give people a false sense of security.
As above...I don’t find them uncomfortable. Slightly inconvenient at the most.

Also, again as above, it’s one tool among many. Masks help but aren’t on their own enough.

I do wonder why masks don’t feel uncomfortable for me. The biggest issue is putting them on when I’m headed into a store or something, when I’m also dealing with keys, phone, wallet, etc.

Anyhow, don’t do it because the government tells you to. Do it because it helps. If you did it in the first place, you wouldn’t feel so nanny-stated.

Old 01-28-2021, 04:18 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Let's just see how completely we can block our air passages. Why not go with Saran Wrap? Those little devil viruses won't penetrate that.

My big question is who will be sued with class action suits (or otherwise) when the negative health effects of blocking one's airways 24/7 comes to light--and it WILL sooner or later. The mask manufacturers put the disclaimers right on the box. The medical community is covered by malpractice insurance for the most part, the government certainly won't take responsibility for it. So whose pocket will the damage recompense come from?
Maybe plastic bags over everyone's head?

Tied tightly around the neck to keep from breathing in, or out, those dangerous nasty 'rona viruses.

Old 01-29-2021, 10:12 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
I'm now wearing two masks. Especially at the gym because some others are not wearing theirs properly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies