Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 08:00 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
According to court papers, the Albion woman tested positive for COVID-19 on January 7 and was admitted to Rochester General Hospital on January 12 as her condition worsened. By January 17 she was transferred to the ICU and placed on a ventilator.

Doctors told her family she had a forty percent chance of survival, according to court papers. Despite being on a ventilator, her lungs would not expel carbon dioxide. Staff responded by shifting the patient to a prone position on her stomach to help expel the carbon dioxide.

The procedure helped lower the patient's CO2 levels, but they rose again when she was shifted back and did not stabilize.

That patient's husband and adult daughter asked physicians at RGH to administer the experimental drug last week, a request which was refused, according to court papers.

Subsequently, the patient's personal physician prescribed the drug, and she was given the first dose on January 20.

"Within 12 hours she improved and her numbers stabilized, meaning her lungs were expelling the carbon dioxide, " according to court papers. "They no longer had to shift her from prone to her back."
This drug has a long safety record and has been shown to help with covid. Currently the NIH says that they neither encourage or discourage it’s use. It’s insane that a family had to get a court order in order for their doctor to prescribe it but glad they did considering her health turned around so quickly after being given it.

In the article there is a similar case that occurred in Buffalo, complete turnaround after being given this drug.

Quote:
This lady was on a ventilator, literally on her deathbed, before she was given this drug,” her attorney toldThe Buffalo News. "As far as we’re concerned, the judge’s order saved this woman’s life."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 08:15 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This drug has a long safety record and has been shown to help with covid. Currently the NIH says that they neither encourage or discourage it’s use. It’s insane that a family had to get a court order in order for their doctor to prescribe it but glad they did considering her health turned around so quickly after being given it.

In the article there is a similar case that occurred in Buffalo, complete turnaround after being given this drug.
Oxford University have started research in relation to Invermectin and Covid.

However they recently received a warning letter from the US Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC).

FLCCC Alliance issues open letter to UK researchers planning a new trial to test ivermectin for use in COVID-19 -Newswise

Old 01-27-2021, 08:17 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Just goes to show you.. doctors are so lazy and incompetent the court is now having to force them to do their jobs. Next time I get annoyed with my doctor I am filing suit.

Old 01-27-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Oxford University have started research in relation to Invermectin and Covid.

However they recently received a warning letter from the US Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC).

FLCCC Alliance issues open letter to UK researchers planning a new trial to test ivermectin for use in COVID-19 -Newswise
It looks like they are warning that withholding this treatment to those who would be in the placebo group is unethical.

Old 01-27-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Just goes to show you.. doctors are so lazy and incompetent the court is now having to force them to do their jobs. Next time I get annoyed with my doctor I am filing suit.

It’s ridiculous that the family had to get a court order to force the doctors to give their loved one a drug that is so safe and has quite a bit of evidence showing that it works. The alternative was to let the patient die. Total insanity.

Old 01-27-2021, 08:43 AM

3,225 posts, read 1,605,586 times
It’s an unfortunate byproduct of the lawsuit mentality that a doctor cannot take on any personal risk, or they risk destroying their livelihood.

The court order removes his personal risk, that he would incur giving an experimental drug.

Old 01-27-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
It’s an unfortunate byproduct of the lawsuit mentality that a doctor cannot take on any personal risk, or they risk destroying their livelihood.

The court order removes his personal risk, that he would incur giving an experimental drug.
There’s very little risk with this drug. It’s been around a long time. It’s very safe. I think they would be more at risk of lawsuits by withholding it and letting their patient die.

Old 01-27-2021, 08:59 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
I'm thankful that my doctor did not hesitate to prescribe Ivermectin as a treatment for me and prophylaxis for the family. Only my wife and I developed COVID and the symptoms were mild.

The most difficult part was trying to locate a pharmacy with enough Ivermectin for our treatments.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:02 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Several of my veterinarian friends and their employees are taking it.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I'm thankful that my doctor did not hesitate to prescribe Ivermectin as a treatment for me and prophylaxis for the family. Only my wife and I developed COVID and the symptoms were mild.

The most difficult part was trying to locate a pharmacy with enough Ivermectin for our treatments.
Glad your physician was open minded and very likely paying attention to the research backing it. I wonder what would happen if all physician took your doctor’ approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies