Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long will "wokeism" be a thing?
It's already starting to die 25 20.16%
The next 5-10 years 27 21.77%
The next 10-20 years (a whole generation) 13 10.48%
It's here to stay, get used to hating George Washington 59 47.58%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 11:30 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Bad as compared to what? Communism? Being homeless on Skid Row?

Who had it worse, Native-Americans or slaves? Why?

The Indians had it coming, but not because they deserved it, but because they were standing in the way of progress. Anyone who stands in the way of progress must be eliminated.

Everyone believes they're at the top of the moral pecking order. Muslims believe they are morally-superior to Christians. Why does it matter?
Maybe I am becoming senile, but it is increasingly difficult for me to determine whether someone is being serious or not when they write posts like the one above (especially the bold).

And I am not "picking" on you, as I am being completely serious when I say that I often cannot tell the difference. I think it might be helpful to those of us who usually take statements at face value to indicate when they are being sarcastic or not completely serious. (And, yes, to emphasize, I am being completely serious.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 11:36 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
It ain't disappearing, sad to say.

Once the Baby Boomers die out and the white population starts dwindling rapidly, it is only going to become even more 'woke'.

Old 01-30-2021, 11:43 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
It's here to stay.

Forget George Washington (though he will be erased from this nation's history inevtiably), they will have to erase "AMERICA" from everything - the continent, the nation, because America is named after a European explorer named Amerigo Vespucci. Nothing that is white/European is okay in this nation anymore.

You think that's not coming? You're absolutely fooling yourself if you think it isn't.

Old 01-30-2021, 11:44 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewship View Post
Case in point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Maybe I am becoming senile, but it is increasingly difficult for me to determine whether someone is being serious or not when they write posts like the one above (especially the bold).

And I am not "picking" on you, as I am being completely serious when I say that I often cannot tell the difference. I think it might be helpful to those of us who usually take statements at face value to indicate when they are being sarcastic or not completely serious. (And, yes, to emphasize, I am being completely serious.)

I am pretty sure Redshadowz IS part (half?) Native America. He's a good poster - articulate and well-read. His views differ from a lot of people here.

Old 01-30-2021, 11:55 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

I'm being 100% serious. But keep in mind, I'm not sharing my personal sentiments. I'm explaining why things are done.

If you think the Native-Americans were going to be left alone to hunt buffalo for eternity, you're living in a fantasy. They were standing in the way of progress, so they were eliminated. That is how the real world works.

But eliminated doesn't necessarily mean killed, it can mean any number of things. It can simply mean their property was seized, they were removed from power, or they might be enslaved, or impoverished, or imprisoned, etc. Stalin eliminated people by sending them to Gulags, confiscating their property, etc.

The march of progress must continue. The only question is, what is progress?

Old 01-30-2021, 12:01 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
It's a short time until you will face repercussions for not specifying "he/him" "she/her" on all your emails and correspondences. Only a short before they pass laws to allow your own kids to get no questions asked hormone pills or surgery from a doctor who is not allowed to talk to you, because some school advisor made the determination the child is trans.

These are all things that WILL happen if nobody says anything. Already thanks to Joe Biden your daughter has to compete against men in sports and men are legally allowed to demand to shower in the same room with her
I am not a fan of “wokeness”, racial equity or any of the ultra leftists’ ideas. At our business, there is a dad with a young child who wants to be called they when we ask how is he/she doing. I defer because of respect for the child and father. It is really no big deal. But, no to cancel culture, allowing trans folks transitioning to females in women’s sports and/or locker/bathrooms and reparations.

Old 01-30-2021, 12:08 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm being 100% serious. But keep in mind, I'm not sharing my personal sentiments. I'm explaining why things are done.

If you think the Native-Americans were going to be left alone to hunt buffalo for eternity, you're living in a fantasy. They were standing in the way of progress, so they were eliminated. That is how the real world works.

But eliminated doesn't necessarily mean killed, it can mean any number of things. It can simply mean their property was seized, they were removed from power, or they might be enslaved, or impoverished, or imprisoned, etc. Stalin eliminated people by sending them to Gulags, confiscating their property, etc.

The march of progress must continue. The only question is, what is progress?
This is why I replied earlier in the thread that the other poster was perhaps misunderstanding or misconstruing an argument or assumes the worse. Not every time a premise is made can it be worded PC, sensitive enough or explained in detail.

Old 01-30-2021, 12:10 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
When Millenials get outnumbered by the more reasonable generations behind them.
Early indications are that Gen Z looks a lot like the Millennials.

Quote:
On a range of issues, from Donald Trump’s presidency to the role of government to racial equality and climate change, the views of Gen Z – those ages 13 to 21 in 2018 – mirror those of Millennials. In each of these realms, the two younger generations hold views that differ significantly from those of their older counterparts. In most cases, members of the Silent Generation are at the opposite end, and Baby Boomers and Gen Xers fall in between.
https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2019...itical-issues/

Old 01-30-2021, 12:15 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I am pretty sure Redshadowz IS part (half?) Native America. He's a good poster - articulate and well-read. His views differ from a lot of people here.
I'm part Cherokee. I have a CDIB card, but legally I'm only 1/256th. I had heard many stories that we had other Native-American ancestors(plus I tan really well). So I did a DNA test. Two of them actually, and both pretty much say the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewship View Post
That wouldn't make a difference. Saying that the Indians "had it coming" because they "stood in the way of progress" is not only a terrible thing to say but arguably false from a historical perspective. If he is American Indian he should study his own history. Also, one person can never speak on behalf of their entire race.
What is false about it? What do I mean by progress?
Attached Thumbnails
When will the "Woke" era end?-23andme-dna-test.png  

Old 01-30-2021, 12:35 PM

946 posts, read 566,826 times
It's on the way out. It was a bunch of lunatics being contrarian to Trump's vision for Making America Great Again. Now they have nothing to rebel against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies