Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If a Democrat did what Trump did, would you still support them
No, regardless of party 27 43.55%
No, because they are a Democrat they can't do wrong 1 1.61%
Yes, because they are a Democrat, they can't do right 3 4.84%
Yes, precedent is precedent 4 6.45%
I'll await the evidence. 27 43.55%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 07:28 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper6 View Post
Somebody has to be responsible for the invasion of the Capitol.

Who?

Nixon resigned and took responsibility for Watergate to avoid impeachment.

So just because Trump ends his term, does he escape all responsibility?

OK, I realize that logic is tough for libs, but let me help. The people responsible for the invasion of the Capitol are............wait for it..........

The people who invaded the Capitol! Shocker, I know, but that's how logic works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 07:30 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Clinton embarrassed the country more than anyone before and should have resigned. But its clear most of the country didn't care. And you once again do a typical leftist lie. Don't you ever tire of that?

Clinton was impeached for lying before a court. He lost his law license.

Mr. Clinton's law license (for Arkansas) was suspended for five years, beginning in 2001. He may reapply for said license, but has never done so.

He was at risk of losing his license to practice before the Supreme Court, but he opted to resign that license.

Facts matter.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:34 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Responsibility for what?

Was Bernie Sanders responsible for the guy shooting up a GOP softball game after Sanders said GOP were killing Americans by not giving them healthcare?

Was Barrack Obama responsible when a BLM person shot 6 Dallas cops after he railed about how black people were victimized and hunted down in America?

Awesome post. Queue the Dems who will claim neither event ever happened. Just like there are many who post here who seriously believe there were no violent protests this summer. Somebody needs to get a government grant to study Dem/Leftist cognitive dissonance. I have a theory that we're now paying the price for the massive de-scoping of mental health facilities in the US back in the '80s. We now have a large portion of the population who are clinically delusional (about 80 million, in fact). They simply will not accept facts, despite overwhelming evidence to support said facts.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:37 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper6 View Post
Somebody has to be responsible for the invasion of the Capitol.

Who?

Nixon resigned and took responsibility for Watergate to avoid impeachment.

So just because Trump ends his term, does he escape all responsibility?
Nixon was covering up a crime. One can trace Nixon's steps to see what he was trying to achieve. Trump's speech is recorded. He committed no crime. What we had was a group of angry people. What we have now is a military occupied Capitol run by a group of paranoid dolts, who, to me, act guilty for what they have done to stoke such violence. Example, framing a incoming president, which is not an opinion but fact. Impeaching a sitting president for absolutely nothing. An election that appears to have been rigged on multiple levels with no full investigation insight. And then, another phony impeachment of a private citizen. Yes, the dolts should be paranoid, and yes people are angry.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:38 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Is real life that Bernie Sanders said Republicans were killing people by not giving them health care and then one of the guys he stirred up shot up a GOP softball game?

Or is real life only what you say it is depending on which side is doing something
There is a difference between what Bernie said and what Trump, Trump supporters and in particular Trump's legal council Rudy Giuliani said. It is a big difference mind you. Bernie used rhetoric and most knew it was at best somewhat true. Rudy said let's have trial by combat. Sorry but there is no metaphor for that comment. Ted Cruz on a stump speech before the Georgia runoffs was saying this is 1776 which was a bloody revolution over far worse things than an alleged fake election.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:41 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
I think the Democrats made it ok to go to extreme measures to stand up for what you believe by supporting BLM and after this summers nonsense, apparently anything goes. I dont agree with the storming of the capital, but I also dont believe that Trump had anything to do with a terrorist plot to change the election results. At the end of the day, the US should collectively want a fair outcome of results regardless of who "wins" the election. The Democrats want "unity" but the first step to unity should have been what the election results were questioned and allowing an investigation if warranted. We however live in a society that as long as you win, it doesnt matter if you cheated to get there. Not saying anyone cheated, just saying regardless of who had won, we would have had the same outcome in regards to finger pointing.

Everyone is so tied to their party that they turn a blind eye instead of looking at the big picture and seeing what is really going on between both parties. They are all corrupt, they have all done things they regret, they all put there pants on the same way in the morning, but it boils down to which policies will benefit the US because after all thats what matters.

Trump is out, move on. An impeachment is out of spite at this point and I would feel the same way if the roles were reversed.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:41 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Nixon was covering up a crime. One can trace Nixon's steps to see what he was trying to achieve. Trump's speech is recorded. He committed no crime. What we had was a group of angry people. What we have now is a military occupied Capitol run by a group of paranoid dolts, who, to me, act guilty for what they have done to stoke such violence. Example, framing a incoming president, which is not an opinion but fact. Impeaching a sitting president for absolutely nothing. An election that appears to have been rigged on multiple levels with no full investigation insight. And then, another phony impeachment of a private citizen. Yes, the dolts should be paranoid, and yes people are angry.
There has been investigations and many adults and a few recounts, no proof of widespread fraud and DHS said it was the most secure election of all time. Enough with lying about the election fraud.

As for Trump, he incited a riot and should be held accountableand responsible for it, as should any other entityand member of Congress who helped it. How can you or anyone who continue to be gaslighted by him not see it?

Old 01-29-2021, 07:42 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
There is a difference between what Bernie said and what Trump, Trump supporters and in particular Trump's legal council Rudy Giuliani said. It is a big difference mind you. Bernie used rhetoric and most knew it was at best somewhat true. Rudy said let's have trial by combat. Sorry but there is no metaphor for that comment. Ted Cruz on a stump speech before the Georgia runoffs was saying this is 1776 which was a bloody revolution over far worse things than an alleged fake election.
Oh okay, Trump and Guilianni said congress was killing people? I guess I must have missed that one

I must have also missed the one where they told people to stampede and break in, or the one where they said to assault people and do illegal things

Must be me

Old 01-29-2021, 07:45 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
DHS said it was the most secure election of all time.
Incredibly secure!!! The most secure ever!! Any more secure and we would be talking Fort Knox I tell you!!

Demonstrably false, FYI - there is no chain of custody security on mailed in ballots. States ignored signature verification, they counted ballots that should have been thrown out and were thrown out in prior years. What a sick sick and sad joke. "Most secure", now THAT is gaslighting

Old 01-29-2021, 07:50 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Are you genuinely interested in the truth?

If so, here is a tracker and complete list of election challenge court cases:
http://wiseenergy.org/Energy/Electio...tion_Cases.htm

78 total cases, only 12 directly brought by Trump's team.

62 cases dismissed on technicalities and refused to hear evidence
16 cases decided on merit

9 out of those 16 were in favor of the Trump side

"Dismissed on technicalities" doesn't imply there was any compelling evidence - it just means the the lawyers presenting their cases didn't do their job.

Not sure how anyone can think that a POTUS who NEVER polled over 50% approval and actually motivated people in large numbers to vote against him somehow won the 2020 election by "a lot". It just doesn't pass the smell test. Not to mention the phone calls and pressure put on Republican election officials in AZ, PA and GA to overturn the (legitimate) results. Hell even Pence to "overturn" the EC count. Oh and Bill Barr (another loyalist) saying too there was no significant fraud. It boggles the mind how significant numbers of people turn away from the obvious truth.

The POTUS may have gaslighted you but most of the rest of the population see what really happened.

Last edited by Vacanegro; 01-29-2021 at 08:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies