Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2021, 05:30 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Good lord because it is too easy. Trump never told the truth. Ever. He gaslight the US for four years

Mexico will pay for the wall
My healthcare plan will be amazing
Covid will go away by Easter, like magic
My inauguration had the biggest crowd
Good lord because it is too easy. Biden never told the truth. It's pathetic that anyone who voted for him is expecting him to suddenly going to start now. Biden will gaslight the US for the next 4 years.

Hate to break it to you, but all politicians lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 05:31 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Jesus christ no it's not.

**** you're delusional.
You are not one to call anyone "delusional".

Besides, if that's all you've got, it means you have no valid counterpoints to offer.

Old 02-06-2021, 05:40 PM

21,945 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not amazing at all....Polling places were closely monitored.
By Democrats. Republicans were often kicked out.

Old 02-06-2021, 05:59 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
The lies continue unabated.

Old 02-06-2021, 06:22 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
If you're interested in looking at things you haven't seen and reading things you haven't read, that speaks well of you.
It is far easier to find things if I know the case name, is all. There have been a LOT of them associated with this election.

I like to download and read some of the actual court documents themselves. It really helps filter out spin and other nonsense that both sides do. I don't remember seeing this case that was mentioned that was before the election, so wanted to refresh my memory.

Last edited by latimeria; 02-06-2021 at 06:33 PM..

Old 02-06-2021, 06:45 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,151,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Point out the illegal bits.

I'll happily concede that for Democrats and progressives to act intelligently and coordinated is extremely rare, but I d not think there are any laws against it.

Trump did this. Democrats are now extremely united against the Republican Fascist Party, or as some are calling it, the GQP.

Republicans are terrified of this because there are far more Democrats than Republicans in this country, but Dems have been terrible about actually getting out to vote.

That has changed.

Just think, the Republicans have only won the popular vote ONCE since 1988, and Dems were terrible at organizing.

That's all changed now. We fought HARD in those swing states.

Also, the future demographics look very bad for Republicans. The younger generations HATE the GOP.

The Republican Party is being taken over by the QAnon freaks, white supremacists, and conspiracy theorists. It's very survival is in jeopardy. We will be very happy to see it splinter into separate fighting factions.

The Republicans know that the only way they can win national elections now is to lie, steal, cheat, and kill, and they are willing to do ALL of those things. January 6th proved that.

I think what freaked Trump out is that he believed he had the election fully stolen, but his disastrous response to the coronavirus forced people to vote by mail or ballot box. That's why he desperately sabotaged the Post Office.

But he just made us more determined to bring him down. Mere words cannot express how much we despise that evil man.

Voters fleeing the Republican Party:

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/01/96224...op-their-party

Old 02-06-2021, 07:17 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The GOP sued prior to the election in PA. The judge said they'd probably win, but that they couldn't rule on a case until after something had happened first. After the election, they brought back the lawsuit, and it was promptly dismissed by another court because the election had already happened and that judge felt like they could no longer rule on it.
Two separate filings, two separate issues.

The first complaint in June to federal district court, about drop boxes and signature matching - was dismissed for lack of standing and lack of merit - filed in the wrong court. Oops. Somebody needed to learn what federal district courts are responsible for.

The second in November to Pa. Supreme Court was about Act 77 as a whole, and dismissed because the law was more than a year old by the time Mike Kelly and his merry band of morons filed suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Don't butt in if you have no idea what's going on. It's not a good look.
So I guess you don't know the difference, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
What is the name of the case you say they did prior to the election? I want to read the documents.
Case 2:20-cv-00966-NR

Filed in late June in federal district court. I get lost sometimes in legalese when I read these things, but the plaintiffs threw everything but the kitchen sink into complaining about drop boxes, signature matching, and poll workers' residency.

It was not about Act 77 as a whole.

Old 02-06-2021, 07:41 PM

14,955 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I would like to know why they are admitting this as well.
IMO it's the utter arrogance of the players. Planned, carried out, and now bragging about it. The will of the people be damned.

Old 02-06-2021, 07:43 PM

14,955 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Trump did this. Democrats are now extremely united against the Republican Fascist Party, or as some are calling it, the GQP.

Republicans are terrified of this because there are far more Democrats than Republicans in this country, but Dems have been terrible about actually getting out to vote.

That has changed.

Just think, the Republicans have only won the popular vote ONCE since 1988, and Dems were terrible at organizing.

That's all changed now. We fought HARD in those swing states.

Also, the future demographics look very bad for Republicans. The younger generations HATE the GOP.

The Republican Party is being taken over by the QAnon freaks, white supremacists, and conspiracy theorists. It's very survival is in jeopardy. We will be very happy to see it splinter into separate fighting factions.

The Republicans know that the only way they can win national elections now is to lie, steal, cheat, and kill, and they are willing to do ALL of those things. January 6th proved that.

I think what freaked Trump out is that he believed he had the election fully stolen, but his disastrous response to the coronavirus forced people to vote by mail or ballot box. That's why he desperately sabotaged the Post Office.

But he just made us more determined to bring him down. Mere words cannot express how much we despise that evil man.

Voters fleeing the Republican Party:

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/01/96224...op-their-party

Projection at its very best.

Old 02-06-2021, 07:51 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Good lord because it is too easy. Biden never told the truth. It's pathetic that anyone who voted for him is expecting him to suddenly going to start now. Biden will gaslight the US for the next 4 years.

Hate to break it to you, but all politicians lie.
Then why didn’t you list them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies