Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 11:35 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times

Advertisements

If it's so overwhelming, why does the high crime rates go on year after year in Oakland?

Sorry, Oakland like dozens of liberal cities that votes for Democrats a small but hyper-affluent cluster of neighborhoods for billionaires, with a massive, massive underclass that has no opportunity from the Democratic caste system so they turn to gangs and drugs.

I say "Schadenfraude" to you Oakland and every other liberal city that worships violent criminals, drug traffickers and gang members.

I have no empathy for the people of Oakland at all, their city, state are trying to turn the country into Oakland.

Another city with a very small but very, very wealthy elite and the vast majority of the city is an old dump.

I have been in Oakland before and it is a city full of tremendously rude, arrogant people that like to mock and laugh and laugh at people live in flyover states like North Dakota, West Virginia, Nebraska.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdSpb7my96U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXbJSxDSyf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6hlxlyfuh8

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/ar...e-15919943.php

https://www.sfgate.com/news/bayarea/...e-15917251.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2021, 12:05 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
It is really sad to see people living like that and it is only going to get worse as the Biden administration gets going and implements their schemes.

Why does the Biden Bunch seem to care more about illegal aliens then these downtrodden citizens that have fallen on hard times?

Of course defunding and disbanding the Police will only allow for street justice to grow.

Are we heading towards a dystopian future that so many sci fi movies depict?

Why does the high crime rate keep going up in these places? I would say that whatever the elected are doing is not working or they flat out don't care.

Old 02-03-2021, 12:57 PM

6,126 posts, read 3,351,401 times
I’ve never been to Oakland and I just don’t care.

If the people that live there allow it to happen, why should I lose any sleep at all over what goes on there?

I think we all need to pull back our attention and focus on our own neighborhoods. My neighborhood is a wonderful place to live and I mean to keep it that way. If anybody tries to commit a crime where I’m at, there’s going to be Hell to pay.

Let Oakland clean up Oakland. Or not, I don’t care.

Old 02-03-2021, 01:05 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,655,583 times
Conservative city govts, give the poor a bus ticket or prison sentence cause they believe it should be illegal to be poor and dont want to deal with the issue. Liberal city govts, put up with encampments cause the voters dont want any permanent low income housing in THEIR neighborhoods.

So the conservatives send their poor to the liberal cities, then complain how the liberals allow such. Pox on both their houses. Seriously you need to either provide humane housing and not some army barracks type place where you get to share room with potentially violent or disease ridden strangers. Or make land LEGALLY available where the poor can build their own permanent shanties if you dont want your taxes to go up one iota. Expecting anybody to live in street or under bridge or in a car is not dealing with the problem.

Old 02-03-2021, 01:08 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,371,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is really sad to see people living like that and it is only going to get worse as the Biden administration gets going and implements their schemes.

Why does the Biden Bunch seem to care more about illegal aliens then these downtrodden citizens that have fallen on hard times?

Of course defunding and disbanding the Police will only allow for street justice to grow.

Are we heading towards a dystopian future that so many sci fi movies depict?

Why does the high crime rate keep going up in these places? I would say that whatever the elected are doing is not working or they flat out don't care.
Probably the government checks bringing in drugs, alcohol, and creating debts among the people in the camps.

Old 02-03-2021, 01:10 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,371,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Conservative city govts, give the poor a bus ticket or prison sentence cause they believe it should be illegal to be poor and dont want to deal with the issue. Liberal city govts, put up with encampments cause the voters dont want any permanent low income housing in THEIR neighborhoods.

So the conservatives send their poor to the liberal cities, then complain how the liberals allow such. Pox on both their houses. Seriously you need to either provide humane housing and not some army barracks type place where you get to share room with potentially violent or disease ridden strangers. Or make land LEGALLY available where the poor can build their own permanent shanties if you dont want your taxes to go up one iota. Expecting anybody to live in street or under bridge or in a car is not dealing with the problem.
Jeez. Poor and homeless are not the same. This ain't Stalin's soviet union.

As if 99% of the homeless have any interest in free land, amongst each other, that would be away from downtown social services, etc.

Old 02-09-2021, 11:24 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,655,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Jeez. Poor and homeless are not the same. This ain't Stalin's soviet union.

As if 99% of the homeless have any interest in free land, amongst each other, that would be away from downtown social services, etc.

At least Stalin built housing. Was poorly built concrete housing with shared kitchens/bathrooms. But he didnt have homeless poor. HE DEALT WITH A VERY REAL PROBLEM, something this country ISNT DOING!

Poor and homeless are THE SAME many place. Working middle class LIVING IN VEHICLES PARKED ON STREET! Cause NO AFFORDABLE HOUSING is being built. Luxury housing is more profitable, so thats what gets built. Luxury housing that many times is just held as an "investment" with NOBODY living in it. More competition for existing lower and mid-level housing has pushed rents to UNAFFORDABLE.

Pretending homeless are all drug addicts wanting the hobo lifestyle is just excuse to do nothing. Many want to whine about having to see and deal with homeless, but have attitude of dont you dare raise my taxes or build affordable housing in my neighborhood or even provide mental health care.

Old 02-09-2021, 11:42 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,711,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post

Start enacting and enforcing vagrancy laws. That is the solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyRkoKTh6cs

Old 02-09-2021, 11:54 AM

6,126 posts, read 3,351,401 times
The days of me caring what goes on in some liberal leftist hell hole are long over.

They can do whatever they want to, live however they want. They will get no problems from me, unless they try to bring that nonsense into my neighborhood.

Old 02-09-2021, 11:58 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Start enacting and enforcing vagrancy laws. That is the solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyRkoKTh6cs
You do realize Rambo would end up waging a war against that sheriff. It didn't drive the homeless man out. It just turned into a bloody fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies