Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 10:29 AM

9,587 posts, read 5,877,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I thought conservatives cancelled the NFL over kneeling anyway.
Yes! They must have forgotten about that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2021, 10:30 AM

17,868 posts, read 7,083,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You can't debate the facts so you state absurdities.

I think your Mommy is calling.

Japan 18 deaths per million, 2.9% unemployment.
The facts are in and prove that masks and lockdowns don’t work.

Old 02-07-2021, 10:32 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,950,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The facts are in and prove that masks and lockdowns don’t work.
Only to an idiot they do.

How has South Korea and Japan kept their numbers down?

Waiting for your stupid reply.

Old 02-07-2021, 10:37 AM

From John hopkins:

Deaths from Covid-19:

South Korea 1.88 per hundred thousand
United States 1371 per hundred thousand

Old 02-07-2021, 10:44 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,956,996 times
Quote:
From John hopkins:

Deaths from Covid-19:

With rigged stats that count anyone that has Covid (based on a positive test from a rigged test) as someone that died from Covid.

Old 02-07-2021, 10:46 AM

9,587 posts, read 5,877,385 times
Quote:
From John hopkins:

Deaths from Covid-19:

Johns Hopkins? A "liberal indoctrination center"? Out of Baltimore, no less?

Pft. Fake news.

Old 02-07-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
With rigged stats that count anyone that has Covid (based on a positive test from a rigged test) as someone that died from Covid.
Yes, of course lol

It takes a special kind of willful ignorance to deny this pandemic and how much better South Korea and Japan have done compared to the United States.

Old 02-07-2021, 11:02 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,474,460 times
Anything I don't like is rigged.

Covid stats: rigged

Election: rigged

Second snowstorm in a week: rigged

TV dinner cold even though I heated it for the full 4 minutes: rigged

Being a conservative means the privilege of not having to do any critical thinking.

Old 02-07-2021, 11:06 AM

13,712 posts, read 9,816,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
Might as well just declare now that all holidays/events/anything fun are cancelled for 2021 and get it over with.
That is the inevitable direction. 2022 as well. The bad-news is being incrementally doled out, so that the masses incrementally accept it. It worked in March of 2020, and it's still working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
What a bizarre and twisted rant. But I am sure you will find some people here that swallow this mindless garbage hook, line and sinker. Now that is truly pathetic.
I swallowed it. It was delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
When they had the very harsh crackdowns they were successful. When they loosened up it went south.
Yes, so as soon as the unremitting harshness was the least bit attenuated, disaster struck. Ergo, keep teh harshness going/

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
How are they doing in Australia?
Australia was one giant bout of house-arrest. No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Unless the cops come & take you to jail for having a super bowl party, what is the point of this thread?
The point is that we are being incrementally prepared for more and more restrictions and privations. I don’t follow sports, and the last time that I attended a Super Bowl party was around 1994. This particular cause doesn’t affect me. And that’s the whole idea… peel away persons who could be swayed, because their own interests aren’t presently compromised. Later, another instance will arise, when my interests are very dearly compromised… but by then, others will have been likewise peeled away, and would be unavailable to offer support.

Quote:
I wear my mask five to ten minutes a day. My wife's a diabetic with chronic kidney disease. Some people care about others besides themselves.
That might explain your perspective. I wear my mask about 10 hours a day, in a nearly-empty office. It's a start-up... sparse group, large building, but owned by a rabid hypochondriac.

If you have lots at stake, and comparatively little cost, surely you'd sustain the cost. But if the situation is exactly the other way around, don't matters also appear the other way around?

Old 02-07-2021, 11:13 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,100,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
There are millions of simpering fools who like being treated like children. They vote Democrat.
This is true if you just look at the state by state COVID style. Look at Florida! I just love that DeSantis with his style. That is a VERY large state with a LOT of old people in assisted living, yet their death rate is much lower per capita than my state, PA. Just next door in Ohio they are much more open and they also have a much lower death rate than PA.

The left is like a cancer and sadly I don't think there is any way to stop it. Look at California losing tons and tons of people moving to Colorado and Arizona. They destroyed Colorado and Arizona already and next up is Texas. They bring that failed politics with them and just kill other states. A cancer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies