Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 10:47 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,392,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
WTH??? A judge with any sense would throw this out and send her and her attorney to spend some time in prison for wasting the courts time and money.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

She's thinking about stickin’ it to the glue manufacturer.

Tessica Brown, the Louisiana woman who styled her hair with Gorilla Glue and later sought medical treatment for her hardened head of hair, may soon file a lawsuit against the makers of the product, according to a new report.

Brown had originally shared her story last week, in a TikTok video viewed nearly 21 million times as of Tuesday morning. In it, she admitted to using Gorilla Glue spray adhesive on her head, after running out of her preferred brand of hairspray.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/wo...dering-lawsuit
I don't always dye my hair with gorilla glue....
But when I do I drink dos XX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8nt94LCyqY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 10:47 AM

73,124 posts, read 62,944,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
No, but it will toughen them up or weed out the weak ones.

It's one thing to put Gorilla spray adhesive in your hair. I mean, it's still insanely stupid, but to even consider using Gorilla Glue for your own stupidity.. that's on another level.

And to top it all off, 17K and climbing on GoFundMe.

These people would have never survived the playground.
Toughness and intelligence can come as a combo. It doesn't mean it always will. I think about 10 year old me. I would have never gone to the 20 ft monkey bars. I knew enough to know that a 20 ft drop could cause serious injury. And I used to climb trees. I was very picky about which trees I climbed too. Basically, some kids won't go near those monkey bars if they knew what would come of it.

It might toughen a kid up, but so will growing up in a violent neighborhood. So will growing up in a violent, abusive home. In some cases, the weak pass through because they know just enough to think "avoid that". Sometimes the weak think "I'm not going to the 20ft monkey bars. I'll fall off and get severely injured, or die if I do".

This is the thing. What that woman did was stupid, beyond all belief. However, you don't know that really stupid people wouldn't have survived the playgrounds of the past. It doesn't weed out stupid. And in some cases, the weak would avoid it if they could. Those who can choose to avoid a meat grinder will do so.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:52 AM

78,906 posts, read 61,081,227 times
I keep running that superbowl commercial with Anthony Edwards in it with his mama.....

"You're gonna need a chinstrap for that wig".

Old 02-10-2021, 10:56 AM

24,884 posts, read 9,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
the obvious solution is to get her head shaved. that doesn't cost $15,000 even at an upscale salon.

She might be dumb, but the people voluntarily giving her money are even dumber.
You can't shave industrial adhesive off a full scalp unless you want a blood bath.

Put some gorilla glue on your legs and see if you can just "shave off" the hair.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:58 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,626,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You can't shave industrial adhesive off a full scalp unless you want a blood bath.

Put some gorilla glue on your legs and see if you can just "shave off" the hair.
This is the first time I gave you a rep.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,605,346 times
I have to say, I kinda feel bad for her. Yes it was a dumb thing to do but it’s not like she did it deliberately. Just imagine if you put yourself in the same predicament. What a nightmare.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:27 AM

36,832 posts, read 31,108,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I have to say, I kinda feel bad for her. Yes it was a dumb thing to do but it’s not like she did it deliberately. Just imagine if you put yourself in the same predicament. What a nightmare.
I cant imagine myself putting gorilla glue on my scalp. Not in a million years.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:52 AM

4,966 posts, read 2,261,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Toughness and intelligence can come as a combo. It doesn't mean it always will. I think about 10 year old me. I would have never gone to the 20 ft monkey bars. I knew enough to know that a 20 ft drop could cause serious injury. And I used to climb trees. I was very picky about which trees I climbed too. Basically, some kids won't go near those monkey bars if they knew what would come of it.

It might toughen a kid up, but so will growing up in a violent neighborhood. So will growing up in a violent, abusive home. In some cases, the weak pass through because they know just enough to think "avoid that". Sometimes the weak think "I'm not going to the 20ft monkey bars. I'll fall off and get severely injured, or die if I do".

This is the thing. What that woman did was stupid, beyond all belief. However, you don't know that really stupid people wouldn't have survived the playgrounds of the past. It doesn't weed out stupid. And in some cases, the weak would avoid it if they could. Those who can choose to avoid a meat grinder will do so.
I looked up the average height of monkey bars and 20ft was a wee bit of an exaggeration. Maybe 7-8 feet. They just looked like they were 20ft tall when I was little.

I was the 10-year-old that gravitated towards danger and had the broken bones to prove it. At 50, I still crave adrenaline-fueled activities. There are some that have innate boundaries, like yourself, and those that like to push boundaries, like me. And those like me typically learn from painful experiences.

I am very thankful that I had the privilege of learning from my mistakes rather than someone making excuses for or rescuing me from them.

Tessica Brown made an unbelievably stupid mistake. Rather than learn from it, she is suing the maker of that which is clearly not a haircare product and scores of people are making excuses for her and coming to her rescue, depriving her of a valuable lesson. They are even rewarding her stupidity.

Monkey bars, merry-go-rounds... it's a metaphor, albeit probably a bad one. When I was young and impressionable, they helped me learn boundaries through experiences. Sometimes painful and costly experiences. But if I fell off the monkey bars and broke my arm, we didn't sue the maker of the monkey bars. And I still climbed them, I just learned not to fall the next time.

And this concept extends to kids that grow up in violence. Those that commit acts of violence often are not held accountable for their actions and/or never learn from their mistakes. We make excuses for why they commit acts of violence and rescue them from their bad behavior. There is no accountability for their actions so they perpetuate the violence into future generations.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:04 PM

73,124 posts, read 62,944,273 times
This is my take on it. Everyone knows you don't put glue on your skin, or your hair. This is beyond childish. One would expect a 5 year old to try something like that, not a 40 year old with 6 children. The fact that she has a GoFundMe and is able to get thousands of dollars out of it, it doesn't surprise me. The easiest money to obtain is fool-hearty money. There is a reason many lottery winners go broke within 5 years, while Warren Buffett is one of the richest people in America. There is a reason why former MLB player Lenny Dykstra (who turns 59 today) has gone broke and gone to jail a few times, while many ordinary people who make between 60K and 75K per year live comfortably. A fool and their money will soon part ways.

And some people bring up Darwin. This is my take on it. The stuff Darwin talks about doesn't always apply to people. In the animal world, if you're slower, dumber, or weaker, you get eaten. The whole idea for animals is to eat, reproduce, and keep going. If an animal is wounded and not an apex predator, that animal gets eaten. If an animal is too weak to make it through the child stage, it dies. If an animal isn't smart enough or to know when danger is coming (or fast enough to escape), it gets hunted down and eaten.

With human beings, we rationalize, we think. While there has been some evolution involved, thinking, rationalizing, having morals and values, this makes up the difference. Our ability to domesticate plants and animals, to man studying science, technology, and inventing things, this is a big difference between us and the animals Darwin spoke of. Our ability to adapt to different environments, and in some cases modify the environment to our favor, that is the difference.

As for how this relates to people who do stupid things, this is how. This woman had 6 kids already. She doesn't appear to be married. The thing is, having your children in marriage is the best way to have your children. Having a spouse that is worthy of building a family with, that is part of what furthers your offspring to a better future. However, we have individuals who produce many kids with those before getting married, with no intention of getting married. And very often, those persons have a deadly combination of being morally bankrupt and lacking any will to discipline themselves. Survival doesn't ALWAYS go to the smartest or the strongest. It goes to those who can pump out the most kids before the window of fertility is closed. It doesn't take much intelligence to have reckless sex and pump out a bunch of kids one can't take care of. It takes intelligence, moral character, and not being selfish to understand "hey, if I can't afford to raise kids right now, I probably shouldn't do anything that would produce a kid". You don't have to be Albert Einstein to understand that some things should not take place. Common sense will do. But that woman obviously has none of that.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:17 PM

4,966 posts, read 2,261,751 times
Clearly, I was wrong about the Glue Lady.

Attached Thumbnails
Woman who styled hair with Gorilla Glue reportedly considering lawsuit after hospital visit-gorilla-hair-care.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies