Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 07:01 AM

13,642 posts, read 4,954,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Leave it to CNN they wrote the book on how to smear good people...disgusting

https://dailycaller.com/2021/02/09/m...lander-troops/
I suggest you read the actual CNN article. It noted that 21 out of 150 people arrested for the Capitol break-in were military or veterans. They then sought to interview these people.

There was no "slander". A story is not slanderous if it is true. None of these individuals denied being in the capitol. The article cast no aspersions on military people in general. The point is that these are guys "who have been trained or prepared for combat in the name of the United States" and now they are participating in an insurrection.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:02 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,684,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Leave it to CNN they wrote the book on how to smear good people...disgusting

https://dailycaller.com/2021/02/09/m...lander-troops/
I read the CNN article and don't and it was simply stating the facts. There was clearly no smearing or slandering. I'm also hearing from my son-in-law who is currently in training with the Air Force that his training unit has a disproportionate number of extreme right-wing conservatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I put on CNN for about an hour the other day. It is crazy what that station has become. They are intentionally radicalizing their viewership. It is very sad.
Please provide an example. I've never seen anything on CNN that would radicalize the viewership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
There was no "Trump riot". There was a pre-planned attack by some criminals that used the protest as cover. There was no riot, no fires, only a few broken windows.
My eyes must be deceiving me everytime I watch videos of the Capitol insurrection. I could swear that some of those people are carrying Trump flags.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:07 AM

13,642 posts, read 4,954,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Leftists think protecting our border from illegal immigrants is racist, too.

Biden is halting flights from Europe (due to COVID) while waving in caravans of illegals who have traveled thousands of miles, packing together like sardines, and not wearing masks.
You mind sharing a link about caravans of illegals entering the US since Biden took office?

Old 02-10-2021, 07:50 AM

78,543 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Did you have statistics to refute CNN's claims or you just mad because it hurts you in the feels?

CNN's article speaks to the veterans who were arrested during the Trump riot at the Capitol, are these the people you are calling "good people"?

I'm just trying to understand your angle and what your specific issue is with the CNN reporting.
How many veterans were involved in the capitol riots? Apparently 21 or so.

Do you know how many veterans are in the United States?

Spoiler
18 million or in other words there are as many veterans in the US as Asians.

Now, upon reflecting on that ratio do you feel CNN is being reasonable?

Old 02-10-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I suggest you read the actual CNN article. It noted that 21 out of 150 people arrested for the Capitol break-in were military or veterans. They then sought to interview these people.

There was no "slander". A story is not slanderous if it is true. None of these individuals denied being in the capitol. The article cast no aspersions on military people in general. The point is that these are guys "who have been trained or prepared for combat in the name of the United States" and now they are participating in an insurrection.
How many were left handed? Former teachers? Atheists?

We can work that sample size over, it does not make it a legitimate extrapolation.

But wait, surely CNN tells you in the article how many veterans are in the US so you have a sense of scale. I mean, they're professional journalists just trying to inform people after all....and not out dragging for clicks from their base demographic?

Old 02-10-2021, 07:58 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,227,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
quote me where i said that.
It was a question not a quote.

Are you saying that extremism should be tolerated?

OR

Are you saying that extremism should be looked into?

Your quote was "Extremism is nothing new in the military, but now it is a "big deal" after Jan 6" and then you provided examples of extremism.

I'm just trying to understand if you think extremism should be looked into or if it should continue to be no big deal?

Old 02-10-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Now, upon reflecting on that ratio do you feel CNN is being reasonable?
Please point me to the CNN article that shows where CNN has opined on this subject.

I'm not talking about The Daily Caller's article about another article, I'm talking about the source. Please show me CNN's assertions.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Shhhhhh.....doesn't fit their narrative.
What narrative? The former FBI agent (forgive me I didn't go back to get is exact title) says there's extremism in the military.

Du-Ma posted examples of extremism. It actually backs up the story. I'm not understanding your angle.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:08 AM

14,236 posts, read 4,608,113 times
Quote:
It was a question not a quote.

Are you saying that extremism should be tolerated?

OR

Are you saying that extremism should be looked into?

Your quote was "Extremism is nothing new in the military, but now it is a "big deal" after Jan 6" and then you provided examples of extremism.

I'm just trying to understand if you think extremism should be looked into or if it should continue to be no big deal?
Extremism should be looked into regardless of the perpetrator's political spectrum.

I have 14+ years in the military and this is the first time in my career that the military, conveniently, high lighting extremism right after Biden nominated the first black SoD. It's not a coincidence.

Fort Hood shooting was a very high profile shooting with a very high death toll. The shooter was an active duty Army major radicalized Islamic. Yet, we didn't have military "stand down" like what we have now after what happened at the Capitol on Jan 6.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Please point me to the CNN article that shows where CNN has opined on this subject.

I'm not talking about The Daily Caller's article about another article, I'm talking about the source. Please show me CNN's assertions.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/us/mi...nvs/index.html

Not exactly "fair and balanced" and solely focusing on just the "extremists" that they could tie to repubs and Trump.

Didn't see mention of them joining oh....radical muslim groups or ANTIFA and so forth....the focus is solely upon the tiny percentage of vets that were involved with Trump or Republicans.

Wonder how many veterans are in the Nation of Islam? They're the largest hate group in the US...but no mention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies