Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 01:31 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,031,361 times

Advertisements

We say temperatures are rising but did you know temperatures have only been recorded for less than a hundred years.

Back in college I had a lecture hall and the earth science professor (smuggest jerk you ever met) said if you dont believe believe in global warming raise your hand, and I did. The professor called me an idiot to my face and said in a class of 200 people that he would take points off my grade if he knew my name. Anyway, later that semester I was picked on to present something. I chose the very basic concept of denying proof of Global Warming. I literally went to library and found an almanc with entire historical weather record for the city of the college. Over 3 days I plotted much of the data into excel and made a graph with different statistical measures to show the outcomes. My thesis was right no proof of raising temperatures. Professor was just a jerk when I presented and I think gave me half the extra point credit. What I did learn is the 1930s were much warmer and we even had summers that did not exist (because of natural events like Volcanos) in the 1800s. Guess what we are all alive.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:34 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,906,239 times
Along with the Antarctic ice sheet, a major glacier in Greenland is growing, too.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/im...ier-is-growing

Old 02-19-2021, 01:43 AM

8,521 posts, read 4,762,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
We say temperatures are rising but did you know temperatures have only been recorded for less than a hundred years.

Back in college I had a lecture hall and the earth science professor (smuggest jerk you ever met) said if you dont believe believe in global warming raise your hand, and I did. The professor called me an idiot to my face and said in a class of 200 people that he would take points off my grade if he knew my name. Anyway, later that semester I was picked on to present something. I chose the very basic concept of denying proof of Global Warming. I literally went to library and found an almanc with entire historical weather record for the city of the college over 3 days. Plotted much of the data into excel and made a graph with different statistical measures to show the outcomes. My thesis was right no proof of raising temperatures. Professor was just a jerk when I presented and I think gave me half the extra point credit. What I did learn is the 1930s were much warmer and we even had summers that did not exist (because of natural events like Volcanos) in the 1800s. Guess what we are all alive.
Well the problem is that it’s plausible given what we know about CO2 and trends of temperatures over the last couple of decades temperaturewise.

There are much less detailed records going back thousands of years contained in tree ring and ice core samples which are able to construct something of a picture of what was going on. I think it’s more complicated than what’s presented to us. There have been a lot of climate fluctuations during the history of the planet due to various reasons. That gets too much play with folks saying “climate change just happens for a lot of reasons!”

For now, the science is compelling.

And while I don’t put climate change at the top of my docket, it’s not because the science is bad. It’s OK to say you just don’t care that much without jumping through hoops which make you look a bit backwards.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:50 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,031,361 times
So the global warming of the poles is causing it to be cold in Texas instead of warmer? This is just idiotic, bet you never heard of the jet stream.

People who believe in this non-sense fall into two camps scammers or sheep. The scammers know what its about and its used for political purposes, power and money. The sheep are told they are educated and then repeat lies they are told that have easily been debunked over and over again.

My question for you sir, are you a scammer or sheep?

Old 02-19-2021, 01:54 AM

8,521 posts, read 4,762,898 times
I don’t know why nobody can say “hey, i believe the science, I just don’t care.”

Most of the denial is along partisan lines, and folks going overboard and having conniptions with crappy arguments to try and support their claims.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:56 AM

24,669 posts, read 9,487,472 times
Global warming isn't a lie, giving money to politicians to fix global warming is the lie.

There's no amount of Green New Deals and Paris Accord agreements that can stop record breaking winters, earthquakes, hurricanes, and tsunamis.

Mother Nature can't be bribed and it doesn't care about your politics.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:56 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,528,194 times
Climate is always changing. The manmade climate change propagandists only use charts going back to the 40's to show it warmed...but if you look further back the earth has warmed and cooled in cycles forever.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:58 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Climate is always changing. The manmade climate change propagandists only use charts going back to the 40's to show it warmed...but if you look further back the earth has warmed and cooled in cycles forever.
Yes.

And a lot of people died due to the changing of the weather.

Old 02-19-2021, 02:06 AM

1,162 posts, read 457,036 times
It's a fact liberals have pivoted from Global warming to climate change

Old 02-19-2021, 02:09 AM

1,162 posts, read 457,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post

Back in college I had a lecture hall and the earth science professor (smuggest jerk you ever met) said if you dont believe believe in global warming raise your hand, and I did. The professor called me an idiot to my face and said in a class of 200 people that he would take points off my grade if he knew my name. Anyway, later that semester I was picked on to present something. I chose the very basic concept of denying proof of Global Warming. I literally went to library and found an almanc with entire historical weather record for the city of the college. Over 3 days I plotted much of the data into excel and made a graph with different statistical measures to show the outcomes. My thesis was right no proof of raising temperatures. Professor was just a jerk when I presented and I think gave me half the extra point credit. What I did learn is the 1930s were much warmer and we even had summers that did not exist (because of natural events like Volcanos) in the 1800s. Guess what we are all alive.

1950s was warmer too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies