Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 01:24 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,236 times

Advertisements

“Desantis”....Trump plays kingmaker and becomes the man behind the curtain. I think he wants someone who is like him and DeSantis fits To a T. Desantis is becoming more beloved every day. The DNC might have created a monster. He is forthright like Trump and is aggressive like him as well.

I think he destroys the reelection in 2022 and will then constantly go after the presidency. Trump supports and campaigns for him, Trump gets all that he wants without all of the hassle.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ly_145307.html

Old 02-27-2021, 01:41 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
“Desantis”....Trump plays kingmaker and becomes the man behind the curtain. I think he wants someone who is like him and DeSantis fits To a T. Desantis is becoming more beloved every day. The DNC might have created a monster. He is forthright like Trump and is aggressive like him as well.

I think he destroys the reelection in 2022 and will then constantly go after the presidency. Trump supports and campaigns for him, Trump gets all that he wants without all of the hassle.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ly_145307.html
Well, I think it should be understood that what Trump wants is for Trump to be in the limelight. How that will present itself in the coming elections is anyone's guess. But the Republican Party is divided. Trump still has control but how valuable is that control in terms of electing a president when the party has less than 50% of the voters. The Republicans need to convey a rhetoric that rational Americans can agree with. If the Republican Party can do that, in a couple of more elections they will be back in the hunt.

Old 02-27-2021, 01:47 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Well, I think it should be understood that what Trump wants is for Trump to be in the limelight. How that will present itself in the coming elections is anyone's guess. But the Republican Party is divided. Trump still has control but how valuable is that control in terms of electing a president when the party has less than 50% of the voters. The Republicans need to convey a rhetoric that rational Americans can agree with. If the Republican Party can do that, in a couple of more elections they will be back in the hunt.
The underlined is not true... which is why the Dems are working so hard to neutralize Trump in some way.

I know what the election count is. The Dems understand what they had to do to get the count to be where it is.

Old 02-27-2021, 01:53 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The underlined is not true... which is why the Dems are working so hard to neutralize Trump in some way.

I know what the election count is. The Dems understand what they had to do to get the count to be where it is.
The Republicans had approximately 50%. That was before the Capitol riots. Maybe they can get back to there again, but not today. Going completely off the rails hurts attendance.

Old 02-27-2021, 02:02 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Mitt Romney would better serve the Republican Party.
Someone needs to hand out the memo that trump lost . Best to disassociate from a has been. His power is no brighter then a bic lighter in a windstorm .

Old 02-27-2021, 02:08 PM

3,073 posts, read 1,300,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatecake1977 View Post
No, we're tired of weak, spineless people. He wouldn't even admit that Obamacare was failing in 2012. I truly believe it was that debate that did him in.
The Sandy fiasco with Christie probably did. Despite the 2nd and 3rd debates not being great I still felt he would win.

Old 02-27-2021, 02:58 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,777,662 times
You may as well forget it. The system is compromised. Such choices will be made for you in the future. You will have no say in it, even though you may think you do.

Old 02-27-2021, 03:07 PM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Desantis sounds good as does Ted Cruz. I think Candace Owens would be a terrific VP. How about Don Jr? He is a really smart guy that believes in his dads policies of America and her People first but he does not have the abrasive personality of his dad.

Whomever rises to the challenge for 2024 it is going to be an uphill battle. The Dems now know they can manipulate the ballot counting and get away with it. I wonder if we will be seeing Covid #20 come roaring in by then to aid them? There is no doubt there will be some sort of crisis that allows them to stack the deck even higher. DC and Puerto Rico statehood? Illegals given amnesty and a vote? Those poor people certainly cannot face Taxation without Representation... America fought a war over that.........

Old 02-27-2021, 03:25 PM

6,646 posts, read 2,959,910 times
Quote:
he doesn't take anything from anyone, especially those in the media.
And that's why he will fail. Or at best, be labeled a bigot, misogynist, etc,...lol.

Old 02-27-2021, 03:34 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,895,279 times
Quote:
No, we're tired of weak, spineless people.
Does it even matter? You and millions of others are still going to vote for them, regardless of whether they're "tough" or not...just because they have an R next to their name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies