Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2021, 02:12 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Show me the science then?
We have been waiting.
Its difficult to explain science to kids who bieve creation took place in during ythe week and weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 02:14 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I know it has been said the vaccine rollout has not been good in Texas and maybe that is true. But what percentage of the vulnerable population has received a shot(s) so far. They are the only ones with any real risk to "human life in the state".

How safe do we need to be before we are free to decide for ourselves?
My great grandson was very healthy with zero underlying conditions. He now has damage to his heart and his lungs that Drs. say may be permanent. His parents thought exactly like you do.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:23 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Someone needs to begin taking a risk.. then other states can see how Texas does..

Mississippi next and Arkansas is planning for April 9 to eliminate the mask mandate, and instead, have people use personal responsibility, i.e. if you feel the need to wear it, please do so. but it wont be government mandated. Just heard on Fox News.

I saw about 6 other states loosening their restrictions too.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:30 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Someone needs to begin taking a risk.. then other states can see how Texas does..

Mississippi next and Arkansas is planning for April 9 to eliminate the mask mandate, and instead, have people use personal responsibility, i.e. if you feel the need to wear it, please do so. but it wont be government mandated. Just heard on Fox News.

I saw about 6 other states loosening their restrictions too.
This country didn't close down entirely for the majority of this pandemic. We saw how that went already.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:48 PM

23,978 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There are no "experts" with regards to this virus, or any of the so-called "vaccines".

Dr. Fauci has constantly changed his positions and has been routinely wrong about a great many aspects of this whole politically energized and media magnified boondoggle. He is not someone who has any significant capabilities of discernment will put their confidence in. He is a partisan Democrat, for crying out loud and obviously is enjoying his moment of power and influence far too much.
The whole world has only known this virus for a little more than a year Do you think all the docs should be experts in all things Covid 19?

The thing keeps morphing.

Like many other things such as medications, they know what it does to some people, nobody knows what it will do to each specific individual until they get it.

It may be unnoticeable or it could kill you. And, the medical community is learning about the long term effects daily.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:58 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMet20 View Post
Actually it’s not about filtering the virus it’s filtering the water particles that contain the virus and enables the transmission.
And masks are not perfect but they definitely reduce the risk. N95s being the most effective at stopping water particles from getting through.
The masks do prevent an infected person from coughing and sneezing, spreading phlegm and mucus thru large droplets. However, people breath thru those masks, and even the tiny droplets will evaporate their moisture. The virus floats around in the air, and you wearing a mask does not filter out the virus.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:01 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Well I guess all of us that get the vaccination will have to wear masks until those that decide not to get vaccinated change their minds, a few years probably, but better safe than sorry.
You're going to be hiding in your house wearing your mask for a very long time, then. I'm not going to change my mind about the vaccination, and still won't choose to get vaccinated years down the road. A choice I made with much consideration, thought and research.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:02 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
My great grandson was very healthy with zero underlying conditions. He now has damage to his heart and his lungs that Drs. say may be permanent. His parents thought exactly like you do.
That is anecdotal, so I have to ask. Are you telling us that your great grandson received a cardiac and pulmonary exam prior to COVID? Why would a healthy child undergo an exam like that, if he was completely healthy? It seems more likely that your son appeared to be healthy, and some event caused your son to take him to the doctor where he underwent a medical exam.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Why don't you ask the idiot man-child Trump? He was in charge up until a month ago. You know, the liar who got vaccinated in secret and continued lying about it up until he left office.
You mean the guy who was President of a Republic, not a country that has a dictator?

Maybe ask Cuomo?

Old 03-04-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Greg Abbott clearly cares nothing about human life in his state. Masks aren't perfect but, they do help the transmission.
Actually, he does care about human life. Much more than the serial killer, Cuomo. And much more than Newsome, who doesn't care that the livelihoods of thousands of business owners were destroyed. Much more than the governors that are destroying the lives and educations of school kids. What about their lives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies