Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 12:28 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times

Advertisements

I wonder if Donald Trump terrorists are heading to Georgia?

Quote:
A grand jury is expected to be seated this week in Fulton County, Georgia, to look into efforts by Donald Trump to overturn the 2020 election, signaling that the county's investigation into the former president is intensifying.

Prosecutors in Fulton County are expected pursue subpoenas for documents and witnesses and rely heavily on them, people familiar with the investigation told ABC News.

In a letter sent last month from Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to Gov. Brian Kemp and obtained by ABC News, Willis said the grand jury would convene in March and would "begin requesting grand jury subpoenas as necessary at that time."
https://abcnews.go.com/US/grand-jury...ry?id=76251330
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 12:32 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Who are Donald Trump terrorists? Funny since all of the rioting done for a year have ALL been done by democrats. And now more money wasted on trying to convict President Trump of something and he will be found innocent like all the other times because he is innocent.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:37 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I wonder if Donald Trump terrorists are heading to Georgia?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/grand-jury...ry?id=76251330
I would love to see something come of this, but I have my doubts. Although Trump's actions were a blatant attempt to overturn the election, there are legal standards that will need to be met that I'm not sure will be. For instance, they will need to establish that Trump knew that what he was doing was illegal. Any idiot would know that he knew exactly what he was doing, including him, but his defense will say he didn't. And this may be as far as all of it goes.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:38 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
What were Trumps "efforts" to over turn the election? The man questioned the outcome due to many discrepancies in the counting and clear violation of key swing states constitutions when it came to the voting and counting. There are millions of people that were questioning what happened and the Left shut it all down fast.

We all know that if despite the manipulation the Dems were pulling that if Trump had come out on top they would be screaming bloody murder, COLLUSION! CHEATING and there would have been riots. We had a couple hours where a few hundred pushed their way into the Capital while others were invited in and in the grand schemes of Left Wing riots there was actually very little damage done. The Capital crowd was a bunch of amateurs compared to antifa and BLM rioters.

A grand jury to investigate the "Trump Terrorists" .. what a laugh.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:38 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I would love to see something come of this, but I have my doubts. Although Trump's actions were a blatant attempt to overturn the election, there are legal standards that will need to be met that I'm not sure will be. It'll be a shame if that happens.
There’s no way any states are wasting money on this when they have other cases and more important things involving civilians they need to deal with. They will be absolutely crucified if they waste their time chasing him over things from the past that probably aren’t even punishable by anything more than heavy fines in most cases

Old 03-04-2021, 12:42 PM

462 posts, read 207,902 times
Am I reading this right?

Democrats are demanding that Pres. Trump's lawyers bring all their videos, sworn witness testimony, demonstrations of voting machines being manipulated, etc. into court, lay them out so that the judge can carefully examine them all, and explain to the judge and jury why they keep insisting the election was tainted....

....and the Democrats believe the Trump team are the ones who will be in trouble?

This should be good.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:45 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
There are no Trump terrorists - that's just the liberal lie to get people to think that those who don't vote for Democrats are evil people. There was only one person killed on Jan 6 (one too many.....but it could have been so much worse), and that was not from a Trump supporter.

To the contrary, the real terrorists were spawned by the alt-left BLM and ANTIFA groups. We saw their reign of terror - riots, burning, looting, assault, and even murder - all summer long, throughout cities across America.

Old 03-04-2021, 01:12 PM

462 posts, read 207,902 times
Quote:
Any idiot would know that he knew exactly what he was doing, including him, but his defense will say he didn't. And this may be as far as all of it goes.
Correct. Any idiot would "know" that. Or at least believe it.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:13 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
Am I reading this right?

Democrats are demanding that Pres. Trump's lawyers bring all their videos, sworn witness testimony, demonstrations of voting machines being manipulated, etc. into court, lay them out so that the judge can carefully examine them all, and explain to the judge and jury why they keep insisting the election was tainted....

....and the Democrats believe the Trump team are the ones who will be in trouble?

This should be good.
Let the My Perfect Pillow guy speak first that will get it off on the right foot...

Old 03-04-2021, 02:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
I would love to see something come of this, but I have my doubts. Although Trump's actions were a blatant attempt to overturn the election, there are legal standards that will need to be met that I'm not sure will be. For instance, they will need to establish that Trump knew that what he was doing was illegal. Any idiot would know that he knew exactly what he was doing, including him, but his defense will say he didn't. And this may be as far as all of it goes.
That's not true, though.

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse". You don't have to know an action is illegal, if you purposely do it and get caught. It is not a defense in court to say I didn't know what I did was illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies