Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 07:32 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times

Advertisements

Democratic Motto 2020 -- If you don't want it bad enough to steal it, you don't want it bad enough.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:40 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
(I wanted to make this a poll but don’t know how. If someone could explain it to me, I’d appreciate it.)

If they win again, which of the following would have had the most impact?

1) Ballot harvesting due to massive mail-in ballots
2) Media brainwashing voters by hiding all the negatives the radical left is trying to push through (look at HR 1 as an example)
3) Media brainwashing voters by silencing conservative views and any opinions that dissent from the Leftist Narrative
4) Media and Democrats continuing the systemic racism lie and driving more contempt for whites, while successfully convincing voters that the R candidate is evil and incompetent (look at how they’re already trying to destroy DeSantis)
None of the above. As they say, “it’s the economy, stupid “. If we are successful in ending the pandemic and the economy has recovered, Democrats will win the next election.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:43 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It shows a larger problem that weak minded, low information types either don't understand or are purposely fine with this controlling, Fascist garbage.
No, it shows the abandonment of fiscal issues by paranoid lunatics.

Worried more about Uncle Ben's Rice than the green new deal is something only a full fledged Trumpie would do.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:45 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Buying votes with free money, citizenship to illegals, & media brainwashing of mindless sheep.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:47 AM

768 posts, read 299,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Yep. I have acquaintances who complain that it really offends them when people refer to how stupid Dem voters are. My response is always the same: If Dems would stop saying/doing/voting for stupid things, and people will stop calling you stupid. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the many of the initiatives being pushed by Dems simply aren't viable, yet Dems keep voting for candidates who run on these platforms. Likewise, their inability to identify obviously fake/misleading news and biased reporting and complete lack of knowledge of how businesses are run.
This is a good example of projection. There are Republicans in this very thread that are repeating fake news about the election being stolen from OAN and Newsmax, but only the Democrats fall for fake news right? Its only Democrats that support programs that aren't viable? Are you familiar with Trump's tax cuts? It never came close to paying for itself so the deficit exploded even before COVID.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:48 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, it shows the abandonment of fiscal issues by paranoid lunatics.

Worried more about Uncle Ben's Rice than the green new deal is something only a full fledged Trumpie would do.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but you do realize that Uncle Ben's changed its logo based on pressure from the left, not "Trumpies". Also, the right/Trumpies are very concerned about the exorbitant price tag associated with the New Green Deal. Not sure where you are getting you're information, but you've got everything exactly backwards.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:54 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
This is a good example of projection. There are Republicans in this very thread that are repeating fake news about the election being stolen from OAN and Newsmax, but only the Democrats fall for fake news right? Its only Democrats that support programs that aren't viable? Are you familiar with Trump's tax cuts? It never came close to paying for itself so the deficit exploded even before COVID.

I've never read OAN or Newsmax and don't think the election was stolen. Trump's tax cuts actually ended up costing me (upper middle class - top 2%) money. Yes, Republicans have issues as well - they're just not in the same league as bat-crap insane as the Democrats these days. This is fairly recent phenomenon. Until recently, I voted across party lines. Sometimes I disagreed with the Republicans, sometimes with the Democrats. Both parties have always had their own agenda when it came to spending, but it always seemed to stay within reasonable boundaries. The stuff the Dems are coming up with now is just plain insane, the New Green Deal being the poster child for impractical ideas.

Old 03-06-2021, 08:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but you do realize that Uncle Ben's changed its logo based on pressure from the left, not "Trumpies". Also, the right/Trumpies are very concerned about the exorbitant price tag associated with the New Green Deal. Not sure where you are getting you're information, but you've got everything exactly backwards.
Reread my posts.

Check out the threads here. How many threads are over white grievance issues versus fiscal issues?

Where are the fiscal conservatives pointing out the massive deficits run between 2017 and 2021?

I don't give a damn about the face on a pancake box. These massive deficits our great great grandchildren will still be paying for.

Old 03-06-2021, 08:09 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Be thankful you know Shakespeare. Pretty soon, the libs will censor his works, too.
I think not.

Old 03-06-2021, 10:44 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Will the white grievance politics that have been the trademark of the Republican Party in the Donald Trump Era help or hurt the party’s chances in a country that is becoming more racially diverse with higher levels of college grads every year?

How long can you win by focusing on driving up turnout among groups that are getting smaller in terms of registered voters every year while risk alienating the groups that are growing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies