Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 08:22 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times

Advertisements

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/12/h...mpression=true

This makes no sense

Tell me what is the endgame is exactly? Until anyone alive is vaccinated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 08:25 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/12/h...mpression=true

This makes no sense

[b]
Tell me what is the endgame is exactly? Until anyone alive is vaccinated?[b]
I think so. We’re also teaching people to fear one another and the long term consequences of that will be very interesting to put it mildly.

Old 03-15-2021, 08:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Not everyone who works in Child Care has been vaccinated. Not all parents have been vaccinated.

A guideline is not law.

In early November, CDC issued guidelines to avoid gathering with friends/ family over the protracted holiday. Obviously millions chose to ignore guidelines and Covid surged taking the accumulated fatalities over the 500,000 mark.

The CDC was created in 1946. Their singular focus is on mitigating, otherwise preventable disease.

Cant imagine the challenge of keeping a mask on a 2 year old.

Old 03-15-2021, 08:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Teach children to fear people who have faces.

Old 03-15-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Not everyone who works in Child Care has been vaccinated. Not all parents have been vaccinated.

A guideline is not law.

In early November, CDC issued guidelines to avoid gathering with friends/ family over the protracted holiday. Obviously millions chose to ignore guidelines and Covid surged taking the accumulated fatalities over the 500,000 mark.

The CDC was created in 1946. Their singular focus is on mitigating, otherwise preventable disease.

Cant imagine the challenge of keeping a mask on a 2 year old.
Guidelines have become mandates and have impacted millions in the form of school closures, mask mandates, business closures, etc.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think so. We’re also teaching people to fear one another and the long term consequences of that will be very interesting to put it mildly.

Protecting other people is not the same thing as teaching people to fear each other.

I have no idea if I am infected and asymptomatic or pre- symptomatic. I have no idea if you have been vaccinated, your underlying health conditions or who you come in contact with. Masking up is a minor temporary inconvenience that allows me to protect you from my respiratory droplets.

It is mind boggling how 500,000 chose to gather in Daytona Beach for Bike Week, last week. Most chose to not wear masks and there was no social distancing. I would have preferred to share a bus with illegals than attend this event.

Florida has more Covid variants than any other state. The average age of a biker is 60+. There are serious questions of the sustainability of major biker events because younger people are not into it.

There is no question, a percentage of attendees will have been infected and will spread Covid variants when they return to their homes states.

It is believed the Sturgis Bike event, last August, kicked off the surge in the upper Midwest to the point the Dakotas had the highest infection, hospitalization and fatality rates.

In early January, Trump and wife were quietly vaccinated despite both having been infected 3 months prior. This suggests the scientific uncertainty associated with the durability of immunity to future infections, especially the surge of newer and more aggressive variants.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Protecting other people is not the same thing as teaching people to fear each other.

I have no idea if I am infected and asymptomatic or pre- symptomatic. I have no idea if you have been vaccinated, your underlying health conditions or who you come in contact with. Masking up is a minor temporary inconvenience that allows me to protect you from my respiratory droplets.

It is mind boggling how 500,000 chose to gather in Daytona Beach for Bike Week, last week. Most chose to not wear masks and there was no social distancing. I would have preferred to share a bus with illegals than attend this event.

Florida has more Covid variants than any other state. The average age of a biker is 60+. There are serious questions of the sustainability of major biker events because younger people are not into it.

There is no question, a percentage of attendees will have been infected and will spread Covid variants when they return to their homes states.

It is believed the Sturgis Bike event, last August, kicked off the surge in the upper Midwest to the point the Dakotas had the highest infection, hospitalization and fatality rates.

In early January, Trump and wife were quietly vaccinated despite both having been infected 3 months prior. This suggests the scientific uncertainty associated with the durability of immunity to future infections, especially the surge of newer and more aggressive variants.
We are absolutely conditioning people to fear one another. Fear getting close to them. Fear that they might get us sick or kill us. Little kids are especially susceptible to being changed in major ways due to this year of fear, mask and distancing. It’s going to have major impacts. Negative impacts.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:08 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,070,571 times
Quote:

Beauty of freedom of choice. They chose one thing that you wouldn't have. That's how it should be.

As far as I'm concerned if all of you covid cultists would simply gather in a bunker or a private island and only congregate amongst yourselves, the world would be a better place.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Guidelines have become mandates and have impacted millions in the form of school closures, mask mandates, business closures, etc.
That’s up to each state and to some extent, counties within states.

I have no recollection of LE busting Turkey dinners where friends/ families gathered.

Private businesses have been free to impose stricter measures than required by state/ county.

And in a few places, no restrictions were imposed and their healthcare systems were overwhelmed.

It really comes down to personal responsibility.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
That’s up to each state and to some extent, counties within states.

I have no recollection of LE busting Turkey dinners where friends/ families gathered.

Private businesses have been free to impose stricter measures than required by state/ county.

And in a few places, no restrictions were imposed and their healthcare systems were overwhelmed.

It really comes down to personal responsibility.
Mandates drastically impacted schools, daycares, etc. and closed or modified businesses without their consent. It really happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies