Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 02:15 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,463,567 times

Advertisements

As usual, my post was not understood. Surprise, surprise. I was responding to this statement made by some poster:

"Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
This is why Muslims are not a good fit in a Western open society."

My entire point was that a branch of my family is Muslim (I'm not--the family history is complicated) and they are just regular people working and living here and doing well, and certainly don't hold these extremist beliefs, even though they are followers of Islam. And that's how most Muslims practice their faith. So on behalf of them, I resent a statement that states "this is why Muslims are not a good fit in a Western open society." Half of my family is here, working as highly successful MIT-trained engineers, and fitting in just fine. They could be anyone's co-worker or neighbor. They even vote. And if you can't see why I and they (although they're for sure not on CD), would find a blanket statement that reads "this is why Muslims are not a good fit in Western open society" offensive, you've slipped over the edge and there's nothing more to say on this.

Last edited by Moving415; 03-12-2021 at 02:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 02:18 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The following is a reminder that not all Muslims are bad people. (I think it is crazy that I even feel the need to remind some people of that.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqnoGDQ2i2k
Of course not, only the ones that believe the Child Rapist, Slaving, Murderer, Mohammad is the ideal man.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
As usual, my post was not understood. Surprise, surprise. I was responding to this statement made by some poster:

My entire point was that a branch of my family is Muslim (I'm not--the family history is complicated) and they are just regular people working and living here and doing well, and certainly don't hold these extremist beliefs, even though they are followers of Islam. And that's how most Muslims practice their faith. So on behalf of them, I resent a statement that states "this is why Muslims are not a good fit in a Western open society." Half of my family is here, working as highly successful MIT-trained engineers, and fitting in just fine. They could be anyone's co-worker or neighbor. They even vote. And if you can't see why I and they (although they're for sure not on CD), would find a blanket statement that reads "this is why Muslims are not a good fit in Western open society" offensive, you've slipped over the edge and there's nothing more to say on this.
So, they're practicing Muslims? Just wait until one of their children come out as gay or Lesbian, like they did in my extended family. The"Entire" segment of my Muslim family disowned my Cousin when she came out, except my Aunt, who was the one who was stupid enough to marry a devout Muslim in the first place.

CNN reported that there are no gay Muslims in this poll, so their are no issues

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/28/us/lg...ess/index.html

Old 03-12-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So, they're practicing Muslims? Just wait until one of their children come out as gay or Lesbian, like they did in my extended family. The"Entire" segment of my Muslim family disowned my Cousin when she came out, except my Aunt, who was the one who was stupid enough to marry a devout Muslim in the first place.
That's already happened in my family. Of course there was some angst, but ultimately, acceptance ruled. I'm sorry for what happened in your own family, but I'm glad your cousin had at least one ally.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
That's already happened in my family. Of course there was some angst, but ultimately, acceptance ruled. I'm sorry for what happened in your own family, but I'm glad your cousin had at least one ally.
She has the entire Christian, Jewish, and non religous side of the family on her side, just not any Muslims.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
She has the entire Christian, Jewish, and non religous side of the family on her side, just not any Muslims.
Glad to hear that, and over time, others might come around.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:43 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
How many times have we seen a Muslim in this country commit a terrorist act, only to have others say after the fact that he was a nice, friendly guy who got along with everybody (non-Muslims included)? The San Bernardino killer comes to mind. He was born in the US and all his co-workers got along very will with him.

Then there are those Muslims who legally immigrate here then become citizens. Like the Muslim who lived in CT and tried to blow up Times Square. When he was in court he went into a tirade about how he hated America. There also was the Muslim who planned to blow up Metrorail in DC. He, too, became a US citizen. Again, he ranted in court about how he hated America. How odd that these two would want to become citizens of a country they hate.

Muslims' first loyalty is to their religion. IOW, they put religion ahead of their country.

All that said, there are many Muslims who are law-abiding and will continue to be so.

I've also seen how many of them treat their daughters, and it is heartbreaking. In my town, I knew of 3 girls who were forced into marriages that had them end up in Pakistan with a man they never met until they married them. One of them was a girl that I got to know well as she went to school with my daughter. When this girl was 12, she showed up in middle school wearing an engagement ring. She told everybody that she was engaged to marry a man in Pakistan. At the end of the school year, the family sold their Halal store and moved. No one knew where they went. My gut feeling was that they moved to Pakistan where she was forced into marriage. That really saddened me. She was a nice girl who craved attention. Also, she enjoyed writing. One day, when I volunteered in school I told her that she wrote well. She smiled shyly and told me she liked when I told her that. I often think of her and wonder if she is okay...

Back to the topic at hand---It was really horrifying what was done to this teacher. I'm glad to see that the girl's father is being held accountable for his actions.

Old 03-12-2021, 03:11 PM

30,392 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
You think? A religion based on Mohammad, the ideal man, who was a Slaver, Murderer, and Child Molester. What could go wrong Why do you think Obama was Importing them by the thousands after destroying or destabilizing Libya, and Syria.
It's all about destroying America....that's the goal of the Woke Supremacists.

Old 03-12-2021, 03:13 PM

30,392 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:

Fair point, I also know many wonderful Muslims but it's the extremist that we have to protect ourselves against.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Fair point, I also know many wonderful Muslims but it's the extremist that we have to protect ourselves against.
Unfortunately anyone who is loyal to religion over country can be suspect. It's of no real danger when a Pacifist Religion puts religion over country. Its only really a concern when you have religions that issue Idicts that are actually carried out to assasinate those who bad mouth your faith. This of course is mainly Islam. When the Pope actually starts sending out hits on people talking bad about Jesus we can put it in the same realm as Islam.

Doesn't help when you having a President running cover for the likes of Nidal Hussan, the Pulse night club killers, and the Boston bombers. I'm sure Barock Hussian Obama would not call 911 a terrorist attack either if he could have gotten away with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies