Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 02:45 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The following is a reminder that not all Muslims are bad people. (I think it is crazy that I even feel the need to remind some people of that.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqnoGDQ2i2k
Most sane people already know that the greater majority of any given group of people is composed of good and decent people. Religion or ethnicity, doesn't matter. Most major world religions are also predominantly a force for good and positive things more than they are anything else, and that certainly includes Islam.

The problem is that there is a very large and very substantial minority group of people that believe insane things like:
  • If you insult Islam, you must be killed by beheading.
  • If you leave Islam, you must be killed by beheading.
  • It is perfectly acceptable to forcibly convert people into Islam, but they can never leave Islam thereafter.
  • Slavery was acceptable to Muhammad, therefore it is acceptable now.
  • There is nothing immoral about raping a slave.
  • All Jews are the mortal enemy of Islam.
  • It's okay for Muslims to occupy, desecrate or destroy holy sites of other faiths, but the inverse must never be allowed.
  • Women are inferior and undeserving of full human rights.
  • If a woman is raped, it's more her fault than anyone else's, and she should be stoned to death.
  • If you see an uncovered woman in public, it is your duty to violently beat her to teach her a lesson.
  • If you find a homosexual man or woman, the appropriate response is to tie them up and throw them from the top of the tallest building you can find.

Let's say that's only 10% of all Muslims worldwide believing in most of those things. That means there are 150 million Muslims in the world with some absolutely insane, murderous, hateful and bigoted, and very dangerous opinions. Studies and research seems to indicate that it's something closer to 15-20% of Muslims worldwide. Something needs to be done about the insane Muslim minority, because they are a danger to everyone. At present, almost nothing id done to stop them or deradicalize them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2021, 04:59 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Wonder how dear old dad is processing that he helped murder an innocent man over his daughters lies?

Or the young zealot that committed the killing.

Old 03-13-2021, 06:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
This story reminds me of that old "psych" party riddle, who's to blame for the stabbing death of a woman. She's an adulterer, needs passage back across a river to her home after a tryst, and she could see a knife wielding murderer on the bridge and a canoe ferry man who wouldn't take her across the river without a fee, and she had no money. You were to choose who was responsible for her death. Her, her jealous husband, her lover who didn't ensure her safety, the ferry man who wouldn't transport her free, or the knife wielding man on the bridge. HELLO. The MURDERER. The MAN WITH THE KNIFE ON THE BRIDGE WAS RESPONSIBLE. PERIOD.

In this case, hello, the 18 year old muslim beheader is responsible for this innocent teacher's death.

Although I do hope that the juvenile justice system deals with the 13 year old liar, who threw the teacher's safety in the gutter in favor of her not getting in trouble for skipping class.

You have to wonder, how did this even happen? Surely the cops interviewed other students to determine whether what the 13 year old said was true. How did it get this far?

Last edited by ClaraC; 03-13-2021 at 06:22 PM..

Old 03-13-2021, 06:54 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,384,241 times
Fake news.

I am originally from France and the girl did not actually lie about what happened. On October 6 2020, the teacher showed offensive drawings of the Prophet and doubled down on his intent to shock his muslim students in the name of free speech.

The girl lied about being in class that day, however he did show the drawings and that is what led to him getting killed.

Old 03-13-2021, 06:56 PM

866 posts, read 320,138 times
Behead her and her entire family. I'm sure they will understand.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Fake news.

I am originally from France and the girl did not actually lie about what happened. On October 6 2020, the teacher showed offensive drawings of the Prophet and doubled down on his intent to shock his muslim students in the name of free speech.

The girl lied about being in class that day, however he did show the drawings and that is what led to him getting killed.
That's interesting. Do you have a mainstream media link for that?

Old 03-13-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's interesting. Do you have a mainstream media link for that?
Yes, from one of the most respected French newspapers.

From the article :

"Exclue en raison de son absentéisme récurrent, elle n’a jamais vu les caricatures projetées par Samuel Paty. Elle en a été informée par une fille de sa classe au lendemain du cours sur la liberté d’expression."

Translation :

"Excluded due to her recurring absenteeism, she has never seen the cartoons projected by Samuel Paty. She was told by a girl in her class the day after the free speech class."

Old 03-13-2021, 07:26 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Fake news.

Quote:
Yes, from one of the most respected French newspapers.

From the article :

"Exclue en raison de son absentéisme récurrent, elle n’a jamais vu les caricatures projetées par Samuel Paty. Elle en a été informée par une fille de sa classe au lendemain du cours sur la liberté d’expression."

Translation :

"Excluded due to her recurring absenteeism, she has never seen the cartoons projected by Samuel Paty. She was told by a girl in her class the day after the free speech class."
She did lie.
Quote:
The student had told her father that the teacher kept Muslim students after class to show "a photograph of the Prophet [Muhammad] naked."

Her father then went on to file a legal complaint and began a full-on hate campaign against the teacher. This included creating videos detailing the accusations against the teacher.

Days later, Paty was beheaded by 18-year-old Abdullakh Anzorov.
They were not nude pictures, as she claimed.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
They were not nude pictures, as she claimed. The picture that got the teacher beheaded are at the following link: These Are The Charlie Hebdo Cartoons That Terrorists Thought Were Worth Killing Over
Actually one of them was, it was a drawing from Charlie Hebdo cartoonist named Coco, and that's the drawing that got him killed. It's double trauma for her because she was the one who opened the security door for the Kouachi brothers. Had they recognized her they would have offed her too.

Last edited by Sorel36; 03-13-2021 at 07:38 PM..

Old 03-13-2021, 07:42 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Actually one of them was, it was a drawing from Charlie Hebdo cartoonist named Coco, and that's the drawing that got him killed. It's double trauma for her because she was the one who opened the security door for the Kouachi brothers. Had they recognized her they would have offed her too.
Double trauma for HER, as in the girl that lied and got the teacher killed? If so, sorry, my only sympathy lies with the beheaded teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies