Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 08:17 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If Chauvin was trying to torture him or "have some fun" as you say, wouldn't his knee have left bruising on Floyd's neck or shoulder area? It didn't.
Well we saw in the videos that there was not actual strangulation or anything tied around Mr. Floyd's neck, so if there were no actual bruises around his neck or ligature marks around his neck, that would not be surprising, but it certainly would not mean that he did not have his airway blocked or compromised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 10:21 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Floyd was handcuffed when he was killed so I laugh at those who say he was resisting arrest. His past history has nothing to do with what happened to him. It is not a cops job to decide who lives and who dies. Would George Floyd still be alive if he had not crossed paths with officer Chauvin. There simply no need for Chauvin to place his knee on George Floyds neck for no amount of time. They fact he did it for nearly nine minutes makes even more baffling. We saw a police officer kill a man in broad daylight and he clearly had no remorse at all for what he did. What one thinks about the value of George Floyd life is a mute point. He did not deserve to die on a public street at the hands of a police officer. I guess many of you would feel better if it was a more outstanding citizen who died at the hands of Chauvin. Many here seem to think Chauvin did him a favor by killing him before he killed himself. What a sad bunch we have here.

Old 03-17-2021, 12:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
People don’t have to die for petty crimes. Sadly it’s those who refuse to obey a police officer’s orders are the ones who end up dying. Don’t resist, and remember you will always have your day in court. If you were treated unjustly find an attorney to represent you, but don’t get out of control while being questioned by a police officer, you’ll only make things worse for yourself. I’m really starting to wonder what parents are teaching their kids today when it comes to respecting authority.
I taught all my kids to KNOW THEIR RIGHTS, when it comes to dealing with police...and never to just OBEY and COMPLY with everything. I wish more parents and schools would teach kids their individual rights, but sadly they just tell them to OBEY EVERYTHING they are told by police.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:14 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Well we saw in the videos that there was not actual strangulation or anything tied around Mr. Floyd's neck, so if there were no actual bruises around his neck or ligature marks around his neck, that would not be surprising, but it certainly would not mean that he did not have his airway blocked or compromised.

So you agree with me over thriftylefty that Chauvin was not trying to "have some fun" with Floyd and torture Floyd, because he left no bruises from his knee? Democrat posters have went full crazy train denying science and evidence to support the false-woke narrative and to excuse the systemic leftist insurrection resulting from this situation.

Back to you,
If his airway was blocked how could he frequently yell and talk?

Are you still denying the facts on video that Floyd said he had trouble breathing 6 times BEFORE Chauvin pinned him and even before any cop touched him?

Are you still denying the fact that Floyd's lungs were full of liquids in what is known as pulmonary edema? Do you also deny the fact on video that Floyd was foaming at the mouth and police are trained to keep people in that situation on their stomachs so they don't choke on their own liquids?

Are you still denying the fact that Floyd had a lethal dose of Fentanyl and other drugs in him?

Are you still a science denier that Fentanyl, especially lethal doses of it, causes pulmonary edema, which gives the sensation of not being able to breathe?

Do you still deny the science that Fentanyl, especially lethal doses in an unhealthy man with severe heart disease, arteries blocked, and hypertension causes heart attacks, which is what Floyd died of?

Old 03-17-2021, 04:35 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I taught all my kids to KNOW THEIR RIGHTS, when it comes to dealing with police...and never to just OBEY and COMPLY with everything. I wish more parents and schools would teach kids their individual rights, but sadly they just tell them to OBEY EVERYTHING they are told by police.
Ironically, I always tell my children to ALWAYS comply with the police if they should be in that circumstance. If you get pulled over, always be polite and respectful, always have your hands visible, and be honest. YOU are always in control of the outcome unless the officers have bad info on you which I think is pretty rare.

WHen I was a teenager I was pulled over down south for no apparent reason. The officers began searching my vehicle and when I said I dont think you can do that, they told me to "shut up boy, your not up north anymore, we do things differently here". I complied, they found nothing and I went on with my day. Had I made a fuss, things would have ended much differently.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:38 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Can't wait to see all the civil suits against George Floyd's estate when his victims find out his family is worth $40 million ($27 million from the city and $13 million from gofundme)

If I'm the woman who was armed robbed by George, I'm hiring a team of lawyers right now.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:19 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Can't wait to see all the civil suits against George Floyd's estate when his victims find out his family is worth $40 million ($27 million from the city and $13 million from gofundme)

If I'm the woman who was armed robbed by George, I'm hiring a team of lawyers right now.
I hope they do.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:22 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You teach your children never to obey cops?

That’s the problem right there,

Old 03-17-2021, 07:24 AM

So another young white boy goes on a killing spress --- and somehow this armed young man apprehended without incident.

Dylan Roof was bought dinner.

And yes -- I understand it is anecdota but the stark contrast to shooting down a man who was sleeping in his car in a parking lot, awakened and who decides to run -- and he's killed because his sleeping in a car in a parking lot threatened the officer.

It looks bad.

George Floyd passed a 20 dollar bad bill.

He's dead.

He didn't kill anybody.

He stole.

So we decide that men who steal and get caught and then want to try and escape could be killed but a guy who kills 4 or 9 people and doesn't run -- well let's just keep him alive and well and get him some Burger King.

I know over simplifying......but you get it.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You teach your children never to obey cops?

That’s the problem right there,
That's easy for an old white woman to say.

Black people have a history of knowing folks who cooperated, who listened and were still mistreated....so they get scared. We don't have their history -- we don't get their anxiety being stopped.

It's more complicated than -- just doing what you are told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies