Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 06:30 AM

2,082 posts, read 925,339 times

Advertisements

Democrats every opportunity to play the race card

Newsom: ‘Number One Grievance’ of Recall ‘Was the Browning of California

On Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “The ReidOut,” California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) stated that “this recall, that’s likely to end up on the ballot pre-dated the pandemic. And the number one grievance was the browning of California, immigration.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...of-california/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 06:32 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Democrats every opportunity to play the race card

Newsom: ‘Number One Grievance’ of Recall ‘Was the Browning of California

On Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “The ReidOut,” California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) stated that “this recall, that’s likely to end up on the ballot pre-dated the pandemic. And the number one grievance was the browning of California, immigration.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...of-california/
Perhaps he should have said "illegal immigration"

Old 03-16-2021, 06:33 AM

17,007 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Not general incompetence?

Old 03-16-2021, 06:49 AM

62,999 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Perhaps he should have said "illegal immigration"
He couldn't play the race card though if he had done that. This is about our laws not skin color. That idiot even claimed that Calif. is prosperous due to illegal immigration. Is he insane? Our state is going broke paying for their social costs and has created overcrowded conditions in our schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods, depleted job opportunities for Americans, reduced wages and added crime rates. They have further depleted our social and natural resources to. Calif. is an arid state where water and electricity are in high demand to. That fool needs to be gone like yesterday!

Last edited by Oldglory; 03-16-2021 at 06:58 AM..

Old 03-16-2021, 07:23 AM

9,895 posts, read 4,659,887 times
He's playing the race card AND trying to deflect from the pandemic. I'm sure high taxes and regulations didn't help either because California was already starting to experience an out flow of people and businesses.

Old 03-16-2021, 07:26 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
More Racism. Yeah idiot. How about ILLEGAL aliens, the covid over reaction and the Black Outs?

Last edited by Pilot1; 03-16-2021 at 08:17 AM..

Old 03-16-2021, 07:36 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
“California, one of the reasons this recall is happening, this — by the way this recall, that’s likely to end up on the ballot pre-dated the pandemic. And the number one grievance was the browning of California, immigration. In some ways, California, with two-and-a-half-plus million people here without documentation, with so many mixed-status families, as a dominant state as it relates to farm workers and it relates to agriculture, as well as newcomers that have blessed us through the innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit that defines California’s economic growth and America’s great success, we’re uniquely positioned to be creative. And so, we’ve developed strategies and partnerships for migrant facilities. We’re addressing issues related to COVID testing for people that are crossing the border. We’re providing supplemental support for staffing to help some of these children.”
So, there are more illegal immigrants in California than the entire population in each of 13 other states or the three least populated states combined? Does he honestly think pointing this out will help him keep his seat?

Does he not get this is about his response to Covid, which many see as the deliberate destruction of their state’s economy?

Old 03-16-2021, 07:47 AM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
See California, if you weren't so darn racist you wouldn't be recalling him. Sigh.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:16 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,451,346 times
The browning of California?

How long have there been brown people in Cali?

I wonder what brown Californians have to say about illegal immigration? We never hear that now do we?

Old 03-16-2021, 08:26 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
He's playing the race card AND trying to deflect from the pandemic. I'm sure high taxes and regulations didn't help either because California was already starting to experience an out flow of people and businesses.
... and AB5.

Note - the PRO Act in Congress is the federal version of AB5.

List of Personal Stories of Those Harmed by California's AB5 Law

Cindy Park: "I’m a face painter/balloon twister. Almost all of us either sub contract extra help or have worked events for others when we are available. There are thousands of us in CA. For me, outsourcing is 50% of my income."

S.J. Antonucci: "Beer and wine festivals are getting cancelled. I have been setting up booths at these festivals and selling my art for a decade! SO MANY SMALL ARTISTS will lose their entire way to make an income. There are many artists and vendors who rely on big and small festivals for their livelihoods."

Greg Edward: "AB5 negatively affects fly fishing guides in CA, because most of us are independent contractors. We can't possibly all be our own business or soul proprietor, because we move around fishing and use a "placement" service (outfitter) to work under their umbrella for insurance reasons, permits, etc."

Veronica Lin: "I am a single mom massage therapist who breeds artists. This is beyond devastating for my family. If it weren’t for wellness and music, I wouldn’t have made it thus far. The future is bleak without a full repeal."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies