Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 04:45 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times

Advertisements

I’m not sure why Tucker Carlson’s opinion matters. Has he ever been a general or admiral in the armed forces?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 05:00 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I’m not sure why Tucker Carlson’s opinion matters. Has he ever been a general or admiral in the armed forces?
General/admiral in the US armed forces would never mutter something like that (even if they believe it's true) without looking for an early retirement.

If you want an HONEST opinion, go talk to junior officers or junior enlistees who plan to stay in for short term and don't make military a career.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:11 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
They should be recruiting the best, regardless of gender.

If there are gender specific roles, then recruit for those obviously.

Pregnancy though is a real thing, and it is a real issue that takes a woman out of being deployable, and it can happen numerous times over a 20 year career. That is something to take into consideration for readiness; can say a ship have half its crew pregnant and still deploy?
I was a CO (Commanding Officer) for a FSC (Forward Support Company) unit consists of truck drivers, mechanics, fuelers.

Pregnant female Soldiers are not only MND (medical non-deployable), but they can't be anywhere near machinery or hazardous material. They can't/not supposed to qual with their service weapon because of loud noise and exposure to lead/gun powder

So i'm not exactly sure why the military is wasting money designing maternity flight suit when we know pregnant females are not going to be anywhere near the hangar.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:22 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,342,073 times
The military needs to shut up and instead focus on China rather than some talk show host.

At this rate don't be shocked if Hawaii and the US Pacific territories become properties of China.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:40 AM

8,631 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
And Tucker the frat boy that never served get's lambasted by the military, lol.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...omments-475315

And I love this one. https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...en-in-military

Oh so much ado about nothing. Flight suits and hair standards have always been ongoing-

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...le-troops.html

Looks like Tucker the frat boy has picked a fight he really can't win, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What a idiot. I cannot understand why people think he is a good pundit when he says just downright stupid crap like this.
Quote:
Have any of you served in the military?

Old 03-16-2021, 05:54 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Have you ever been a cop? But I’ll bet you had plenty to say about the anti-cop BLM crap.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:02 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
And Tucker the frat boy that never served get's lambasted by the military, lol.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...omments-475315

And I love this one. https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...en-in-military

Oh so much ado about nothing. Flight suits and hair standards have always been ongoing-

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...le-troops.html

Looks like Tucker the frat boy has picked a fight he really can't win, lol.
Sure they were looking at uniform matters during the prior Presidency. What you didn't have is a virtue signalling fool come out and present pregnancy flight suits as a major achievement. It isn't complicated.

Oh and the "you never served" schtick is incredibly lame. If only people who have served are able to have a say on the Military, then it's not going to work out well for the woke or the Dems.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:05 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Have you ever been a cop? But I’ll bet you had plenty to say about the anti-cop BLM crap.
Haha exactly. What an absurd notion that one must have performed a particular job to be able to analyse and discuss it. Won't be too much discussion on the Politics forum if that were the case!

Last edited by Aussiehoff; 03-16-2021 at 06:14 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-16-2021, 06:39 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
They should be recruiting the best, regardless of gender.

If there are gender specific roles, then recruit for those obviously.

Pregnancy though is a real thing, and it is a real issue that takes a woman out of being deployable, and it can happen numerous times over a 20 year career. That is something to take into consideration for readiness; can say a ship have half its crew pregnant and still deploy?
"They should be recruiting the best, regardless of gender."

I agree but reality is reality.

When the Navy first started taking in women to serve on ships 1 aircraft carried had DOZENS of women get pregnant ON PURPOSE so they would NOT have to finish their tours.

The COST is exorbitant to recruit, train, etc, people to fill their slots. And take care of these pregnant women.

I worked for a company and there was LOT of manual labor. The company was forced to use women so a lot were transferred form non labor jobs to labor intensive jobs. Many couldn't even carry the ladders or pull the loaded hand carts. Just sayin'

Old 03-16-2021, 06:43 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
For those interested in what Carlson actually said in context rather than through the lens of a dishonest media and the similarly dishonest (or dumb or lazy) people who circulate their BS rather than go straight to the source:

Don't confuse them with the Facts. MANY of our left friends can't handle it. They WON'T watch, but WILL respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies