Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2021, 08:19 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
1. mental illness
2. culture of violence
3. easy access to and abundance of guns
4. Lack of father figure in the house
5. Culture of infamy and notoriety for mass shooters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 08:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Atlanta has plenty of criminal activity, sorry for the breaking news.
https://homicides.ajc.com/2020/?_gl=...YxNTk4OTc1MC4w
Sure it does -- but the area also has some of the wealthiest Black communities.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:20 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
AND by identifying number 3 it does not suggest that somebody wants to take away all guns.

It is just a reality.

The USA has a high rate of gun violence, accidents, etc. It just does. How can we address that problem?
Start with what the actual problem is, not law abiding guns owners....thugs, gangs, etc....people would rather go after me with more laws than those just mentioned.

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I think sex work or not it is irrelevant in regards to the loss of life. Certainly even more of a tragic end if they were victims of trafficking. btw... not all who work in these establishments are trafficked.... and trafficking isn't just present in establishments of sex work.

It does make them targets. As with many prostitutes murdered in years past.
It was not my intent to connect human trafficking with this specific incident. However, it is widely known and easily searchable that sex trafficking drives the illicit massage business. I am not speaking of voluntary prostitution, I am speaking of forced sexual exploitation.

But whether or not it applies to this instance is irrelevant. The loss of life at another's hand is absolutely tragic and stands alone.

Quote:
Sure it does -- but the area also has some of the wealthiest Black communities.
Sweet, then there shouldn't be 157 homicides in Atlanta. I guess the non-wealthy ones don't believe in BLM.

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNativist View Post
Gibberish, learn how to stay on topic. This isn't the forum for your fetish with Black Americans. Story has no reference to them. Just another armchair historian on CD

Even your orange savior recognized the threat..

"(2) On February 22, 2019, a Trump Administration United States Department of Justice official wrote in a New York Times op-ed that “white supremacy and far-right extremism are among the greatest domestic-security threats facing the United States. Regrettably, over the past 25 years, law enforcement, at both the Federal and State levels, has been slow to respond. … Killings committed by individuals and groups associated with far-right extremist groups have risen significantly.â€.

https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/s...-116s894is.xml
Ah, took you long enough to take a shot at President Trump.

An op-ed... an opinion piece.

Try again, leftist child.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:21 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Massage Parlors? Perhaps he got a massage without a happy ending!
Just read the BBC news and all the leaning is toward a hate crime against Asians......and not a hit against immorality. That latter is what I would assume first.....so I wonder.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:23 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,502 times
Quote:
AND by identifying number 3 it does not suggest that somebody wants to take away all guns.

It is just a reality.

The USA has a high rate of gun violence, accidents, etc. It just does. How can we address that problem?
yup, I personally own 6 firearms so I'm no anti-2A'er.

tbh, we can't/won't. I've lost ALL faith in the leadership of this country to get anything accomplished. it's all bickering and gridlock and kicking the can down the road.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Ah, took you long enough to take a shot at President Trump.

An op-ed... an opinion piece.

Try again, leftist child.
Yup, this is sad even for liberals. Using an opinion piece article from 2019 to deflect from a mass shooting under Joe Biden.

Might as well say Trump is still in office if they're going to keep blaming him for everything.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:27 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yup, this is sad even for liberals. Using an opinion piece article from 2019 to deflect from a mass shooting under Joe Biden.

Might as well say Trump is still in office if they're going to keep blaming him for everything.
Repped.

And very good point, I might add.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies