Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which president was worse for the American people?
Ronald Reagan was the worst, but a good ally of the filthy rich 13 13.40%
Donald Trump was the worst and a sore loser too 85 87.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 02:04 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times

Advertisements

Yea Good ole Ronald Reagan, ill just leave this clip over here. Make America Great again huh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af0Yei2sAbE

This was even bad for his time. Lets not forget Reagan's Stance on Gun Control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 02:11 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Tell that to all the women who accused om of sexual misbehave.

Remember "ALL women should be believed", unless you are a dem.

Hillary also said that then created the "war room" to discredit ALL the women who made charges against bill.
I won a bottle of booze thanks to bill and my bet he would win back in 1992.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:15 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Ranking the best and worst presidents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDM2sYaZlC8

Trump is middle of the pack historically, Reagan is near the top just below George Washington and Abraham Lincoln
Why is Reagan ranked so high? I personally find him to be one of the worst. He started the amnesty to illegal aliens, and looked the other way while American companies began their outsourcing of their manufacturing plants to other countries. And, he also pushed the war on drugs and gave us George Bush Senior, whose involvement with the Middle East caused even more problems for the USA. But then again, I am one of those who thinks the Bush family was pulling Reagan's strings the whole time, like Obama is doing now with Biden, and low and behold, the Bush's seem to be real good friends with Obama.......

Old 03-19-2021, 02:16 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
I think Reagan was slightly better than Trump because of his elegance but you could argue Trump was the more effective president. I feel both were the best presidents we’ve had in the last 35 years or so.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:18 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Why is Reagan ranked so high? I personally find him to be one of the worst. He started the amnesty to illegal aliens, and looked the other way while American companies began their outsourcing of their manufacturing plants to other countries. And, he also pushed the war on drugs and gave us George Bush Senior, whose involvement with the Middle East caused even more problems for the USA. But then again, I am one of those who thinks the Bush family was pulling Reagan's strings the whole time, like Obama is doing now with Biden, and low and behold, the Bush's seem to be real good friends with Obama.......
why would you say he started the amnesty to illegal aliens ...that started in 1965 under LBJ written by Ted Kennedy....

Old 03-19-2021, 02:32 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Most people with a farming or small-business background favor the Republicans, and for good reason; the New Deal changed the balance of power between labor and capital drastically, and many of these "little guys" -- my grandfather was one of them -- were wiped out, or at least, badly damaged.

Nobody thought of offering them a "safe cabin on the Federal plantation" in those days, and even if it were possible, most would have rejected it, Pride and self-respect counted for a lot more back then. And this is something a lot of you Snowflakes will never understand.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:39 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Most people with a farming or small-business background favor the Republicans, and for good reason; the New Deal changed the balance of power between labor and capital drastically, and many of these "little guys" -- my grandfather was one of them -- were wiped out, or at least, badly damaged.

Nobody thought of offering them a "safe cabin on the Federal plantation" in those days, and even if it were possible, most would have rejected it, Pride and self-respect counted for a lot more back then. And this is something a lot of you Snowflakes will never understand.
Oh like crying about an election you guys lost. No on the right should never, ever call someone from the left a snowflake ever.....Sorry about grandfather and his business, almost same thing happened to wife's side of family, Family business.
form my understanding if it wasn't for WWII they would been wipe out.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:40 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I think Reagan was slightly better than Trump because of his elegance but you could argue Trump was the more effective president. I feel both were the best presidents we’ve had in the last 35 years or so.
If Trump was one really one of the best presidents, he should have been able to abolish ObamaCare and replaced it with something better. Also President Trump should have known better than give a salute to a North Korean General. Trump also said the economy would grow by at least 6% under his leadership. It never did. Of course, Mexico never paid for any wall. Numerous Trump's promises were broken.

Old 03-19-2021, 07:29 PM

4,620 posts, read 4,887,043 times
Reagan did long lasting structural damage to the country.
DJ's damage will be gone by 2025

Old 03-19-2021, 08:13 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If Trump was one really one of the best presidents, he should have been able to abolish ObamaCare and replaced it with something better. Also President Trump should have known better than give a salute to a North Korean General. Trump also said the economy would grow by at least 6% under his leadership. It never did. Of course, Mexico never paid for any wall. Numerous Trump's promises were broken.
almost all of Obozo's promises were broken too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies