Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2021, 10:05 PM

17,645 posts, read 6,923,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
For the past four presidential administrations, I have accompanied U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents and photographed their encounters with migrants as they enforced immigration policy. No longer. Last week, when I documented migrant detentions in El Paso, I had to do so from the Mexican side of the border, taking long-range shots. Until now, journalists haven’t had to stand in another country to cover what is happening in the United States.

Most asylum seekers cross the Rio Grande into South Texas on land controlled by federal agents. For decades, the U.S. government has let journalists accompany Border Patrol agents and other officials as they surveil the land. But since the change in administration, those agents have been physically blocking journalists from the riverbank. For example, after being turned down for official access on a trip in February, I followed a Border Patrol transport bus in my own vehicle to where agents were detaining migrants. They stopped me before I got close enough to take pictures. They called a supervisor, and ordered me to leave immediately.

We have gone from the Trump-era “zero tolerance” policy toward immigrants to a Biden-era “zero access” policy for journalists covering immigration. This development is unprecedented in modern history.
Link: https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2...unprecedented/

The Biden regime is even less transparent that the Obama regime, if that's possible. Where are the lawsuits from the press? Oh, that's right -- they're all in the bag for the Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 05:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Watching news this morning. They talked to kids who arrived last night.

The kids have been walking for over a month.

So given that ---- most of the kids who have been surging the border since January have left months ago. And there was nothing to indicate what Biden was doing.

I agree that they don't seem to be moving fast enough. But we all agree the border has not seen this kind of surge EVER....so no administration has been challenged like this.

Back in May of 2019 -- with far fewer numbers --- the federal govt. was challenged.

I feel like things aren't happening fast enough. I want these kids to be dealt with in a more timely manner. The pandemic, weather, etc....hasn't helped but we should all be demanding more.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:32 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
On Day One, Biden did what he promised while campaigning.... He reversed all of President Trump’s Border policy, including announcing ALL deportations would be stopped for 100 days.

He threw the doors open, promised no deportation and is now shocked he has a Crisis.

Democratic border-town mayor: Biden admin handling of crisis ‘a slap in the face’ - New York Post

You have a breach on national security levels that have never before been seen in modern history and you’re not even batting an eye about it, you’re not even calling it a ‘crisis‘, you’re calling it a quote unquote challenge,” Mayor Bruno Lozano, a Democrat who represents Del Rio, Texas, told The Post on Sunday.

“Nobody wants to actually tackle the issue, you’re condoning unlawful behavior, period. There’s a lawful way to enter the United States, there’s a lawful way to seek asylum and it just undermines the entire immigration process.”

“You have this policy where unlawful entry is being condoned, criminal activity is being condoned, these migrants are using the cartels to traverse Mexico and that’s a fact and organized criminal activity is rising because of that,” Lozano said.

That’s only one Mayor of one Border town, same story and complaints from all of them.
Press is pretty locked down, but the UK Press manages to get pictures. 5,000:kids are now housed in the Dallas Convention Center ... what could possibly go wrong?

Old 03-23-2021, 06:34 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,069,120 times
There should have been a plan these children are treated horribly. What is wrong with the democrats this is on them.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:38 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
It's even more outrageous Biden allows no media access when you consider the media lies in favor of Biden anyway. Trump allowed media access despite the media lying against him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies