Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 03:54 PM

7,149 posts, read 4,742,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Whataboutism. How does that justify people seeing a humanitarian crisis, and immediately getting excited about 'sticking it' to the other side of the isle, instead of worrying about helping the people involved? We have a crisis that Biden and Abbott have caused, let's focus on helping the people in need first, then point fingers at which side of the isle is more hypocritical.
It wasn’t a crisis until people illegally entered the country. These people need to fix their own countries. This is an op by criminals and drug cartels. Abbott didn’t do this. Biden* regime did this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 03:55 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why is that worse?

Sounds extremely sincere in their desire to fix this tragedy.

And not political. Just human kindness.

I meant worse for anyone trying to characterize this as a partisan attack.

Old 03-22-2021, 03:55 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
This is why they DO NOT want camera's, anyone seeing what is going on.

How can anyone, anyone - Defend B1den and Company. ANYONE!

If you do, you are a vile - POS. VILE.

These people, should never be here in the First place. NEVER. This is all on B1den! All of it.

Old 03-22-2021, 04:03 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
You mean the 'Kids In Cages'? Back when Trump had this same problem and fixed it?

Now Biden, like the incurious dolt he is, just went ahead and put America's hand back on the hot stove, except this time we're letting them into hotels at the cost of 80 plus million in tax dollars. We're not even issuing court dates to folks, just sending them on their way!

The incompetence is breathtaking.

But at least you no longer seem to be peddling the idea that these pictures have been "doctored."

Yeah, that argument was weak.
What are you talking about? I didn't say the images were doctored. I said Project Veritas is a right wing propaganda source that has manipulated things in the past. They did the same with this by not once mentioning that Abbott is refusing federal aid. I disagree with Biden's administration on this. I also am saying Abbott is equally at fault, given he's refusing help to fix this.

Take the partisan blinders off for a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
pot.kettle.black
try again. I am responding to the thread created.

Quote:
let's focus on helping the people in need first, then point fingers at which side of the isle is more hypocritical.

Old 03-22-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? I didn't say the images were doctored. I said Project Veritas is a right wing propaganda source.

Which, again, is a tactic to try and play down a story by questioning its source.

A tactic, which proved utterly useless in this instance.

Old 03-22-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Which, again, is a tactic to try and play down a story by questioning its source.

A tactic, which proved utterly useless in this instance.
My issue was with the facts they left out of this issue. Now that this thread is aware of Abbott's involvement in this crisis, there's no concern. I agree at this point I agree talking about sources is not useful.

The best way to address this crisis:

1. Abbott stop being political and take Biden's funding to help people in need
2. Biden's administration to roll back on open borders and only let those in who we can safely take

Old 03-22-2021, 04:17 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,771 times
Quote:
A few things. First, has there been a 'breaking video' by Project Veritas that has proven to not be manipulated? They are a well known source of propaganda.

Second, is Texas actually accepting aid for this from the federal government yet? Abbott is rejecting funding from the feds. This does suggest Texas is purposely rejecting funds that would help the situation in an effort to stir up outrage (like we see in this thread).

“The federal government under Biden is offering resources to local communities to help with the testing and quarantining (of migrants), and Gov. Abbott is rejecting those funds,” Escobar said. “That is causing a stress on local resources (but) I lay that at the feet of Greg Abbott.

After the first Veritas became famous for (Acorn Project) and was sued, he has kept a team of lawyers on hand to ensure his work met legal standards. He did lose the Planned Parenthood suit, not because of the material presented regarding selling fetal tissue (PP has never denied that since PV exposed the practice), but b/c he trespassed.

And recently, a judge refused to dismiss a case that PV levied against the NYT for slander and libel.

In October, Project Veritas sued the New York Times and reporters Maggie Astor and Tiffany Hsu over five articles in September and October about the guerrilla journalism outfit’s investigation into alleged ballot-harvesting on behalf of Somali-American candidates, including Rep. Ilhan Omar, Minnesota Democrat. The newspaper labeled the investigation as “deceptive,” “false” and “without … verifiable evidence,” prompting Veritas to accuse NYT of publishing “false and defamatory statements impugning Veritas’ journalism” driven by resentment and political bias.

The decision by the state Supreme Court, which is a trial court, allows Project Veritas to take the depositions of relevant NYT employees, which Veritas founder and President James O’Keefe said he would record and “expose.

<snip>

While the NYT articles described the Veritas video as “deceptive,” Justice Wood said that “the dictionary definitions of ‘disinformation’ and ‘deceptive’ provided by defendants’ counsel … certainly apply to Astor’s and Hsu’s failure to note that they injected their opinions in news articles, as they now claim.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...tas-lawsuit-a/

Old 03-22-2021, 04:19 PM

Actually, Abbott is doing a hell of a lot more than Biden is:

Quote:
Over the weekend, Abbott again blasted the Biden administration after it opened a fourth holding facility for minors in Pecos, Texas. Abbott several weeks ago directed state agencies and law enforcement to assess the situations and interview minors to ensure they are not being trafficked. The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is working to ensure that the water at these facilities is safe for consumption. TCEQ staff are also at the Midland facility where water was determined to be unusable for consumption.

“The Biden Administration’s refusal to secure our border, investigate the origins and potential trafficking of unaccompanied minors, and protect these vulnerable children will only worsen the situation and put innocent lives at risk,” Abbott said.

Abbott began Operation Lone Star earlier this month to send law enforcement personnel and resources to high-threat areas along the border. On March 17, he expanded the operation to include anti-human trafficking efforts.

https://www.djournal.com/news/nation...44eed1076.html

Old 03-22-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
A few things. First, has there been a 'breaking video' by Project Veritas that has proven to not be manipulated?

That is where you implied the photos were not genuine.

You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

Old 03-22-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
That is where you implied the photos were not genuine.

You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.
Read response #67. Don't put words in my mouth, if possible. Per post #67, I see no more need to discuss sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies