Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 02:21 PM

14,532 posts, read 12,163,865 times

Advertisements

I am never tempted by arguments to limit MY access to guns on the basis that there are bad guys out there. Explain that to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Get rid of semi-auto guns and we will still have shootings, but the death toll will be far smaller. Semi-autos are convenient but not really necessary for any legitimate purpose. The Founders did not have them when they penned the 2A.

Insurrection may seem impractical now, but the founders very much intended for the people to have the most effective modern weaponry available. What else would serve to keep an oppressive government in check and secure a free state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 02:31 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,922,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Healthcare in the US is a luxury for the wealthy, eh?

Then why are ~90% of Americans covered?
60% of bankruptcies in the country are due to medical debt. Nearly a quarter of Americans skip medical care due to cost. Forcing people to pay out of pocket to stay healthy makes healthcare a luxury for those with money.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:33 PM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Quote:
Get rid of semi-auto guns and we will still have shootings, but the death toll will be far smaller. Semi-autos are convenient but not really necessary for any legitimate purpose. The Founders did not have them when they penned the 2A.
They most certainly did.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girardoni_air_rifle

Old 03-24-2021, 02:39 PM

57,361 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Good points, there is no need for these types of guns the fire power has really increased over the last few decades.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:43 PM

46,323 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Good points, there is no need for these types of guns the fire power has really increased over the last few decades.
Your post above is post 34....

Yet, you clearly decided to disregard posts prior to that, that prove you and the person you quoted is 100% completely wrong, why?

Old 03-24-2021, 02:48 PM

57,361 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Your post above is post 34....

Yet, you clearly decided to disregard posts prior to that, that prove you and the person you quoted is 100% completely wrong, why?
So says Wikipedia.

I’m not making the argument that there weren’t some similar guns in the past but the proliferation and firepower has exploded. Why does someone need a 30 round semi-automatic, for what purpose.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:58 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,472,584 times
Sure hope that just because we have a right doesn't mean we are demanded out of fear to purchase one.

I'll donate my right to someone with more ambition . Or trained skills.

Been in two scenarios of registered gun owners who chose to assert 'their' right to lock and load. It didn't bode well. Dog was shot because the husband wanted to divide the divorce asset. And the dog was one of the assets.
My ex chose to pull a rifle on my being and 'cough' defend himself??? When I had no weapon or ambition to engage in his drunken antic. Sorry but being on the other end of a barrel is not going to make me advocate for your right to own and threaten my life.

This is not an either or issue. Since the 2nd amendment will always allow right to bear arms.
The middle ground is where sensibility meets trained responsibility. Each year get certified. Each year brush up on safety.

Old 03-24-2021, 03:05 PM

46,323 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Quote:
So says Wikipedia.
Prove it wrong.

Quote:
I’m not making the argument that there weren’t some similar guns in the past but the proliferation and firepower has exploded.
You're not?

Quote:
Why does someone need a 30 round semi-automatic, for what purpose..
Because I don't like to re-load while I'm shooting targets.

Old 03-24-2021, 03:14 PM

27,169 posts, read 15,347,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Don't let anyone convince you that having mass shootings in our everyday lives is just something we have to live with.

Don't have to prove jack.

How about Dems support Voter ID, after all you are in favor of exercising a Right so prove that you are who you say you are.
Perhaps a voting background check is in order?

The Left wants Felons to vote.
The Left wants to let illegal entrants flow steadily into our nation and violate it's Borders.
The Left wants to diminish your 2 Amendment protected Right.

Where is the plan to keep arms from Felons?

It's not Gun Control, it's just plain control.

Old 03-24-2021, 03:18 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,029,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Sure hope that just because we have a right doesn't mean we are demanded out of fear to purchase one.

I'll donate my right to someone with more ambition . Or trained skills.

Been in two scenarios of registered gun owners who chose to assert 'their' right to lock and load. It didn't bode well. Dog was shot because the husband wanted to divide the divorce asset. And the dog was one of the assets.
My ex chose to pull a rifle on my being and 'cough' defend himself??? When I had no weapon or ambition to engage in his drunken antic. Sorry but being on the other end of a barrel is not going to make me advocate for your right to own and threaten my life.

This is not an either or issue. Since the 2nd amendment will always allow right to bear arms.
The middle ground is where sensibility meets trained responsibility. Each year get certified. Each year brush up on safety.
If you could trust the government to allow one to be certified each year.......but the government tends to be a trickster. Just look when they closed the registry and drove those prices sky high.

You know what they say........"Sure you can trust the government......just ask an Indian.".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies