Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 07:22 AM

30,674 posts, read 19,377,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtHome4Ever View Post
White liberals are the absolute worst. I can't stop laughing at them. They are completely idiotic and snowflakes.
Makes me ashamed to be of the same race as these leftist idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 07:59 AM

21,505 posts, read 10,630,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
How Austin remains on peoples' wish lists is beyond me. I used to live there and loved it back in the early 90's, but the influx of newcomers who arrived 20-30 years later seem to think today's version is heaven. I know that's subjective, but they haven't a clue as to how fun and live-and-let-live the city used to be.
That’s the Austin I loved. The problem is it has grown so much in the last four years and outgrew its infrastructure. I hate driving there anymore.

Old 03-27-2021, 08:08 AM

20,379 posts, read 20,001,125 times
Quote:
How Austin remains on peoples' wish lists is beyond me. I used to live there and loved it back in the early 90's, but the influx of newcomers who arrived 20-30 years later seem to think today's version is heaven. I know that's subjective, but they haven't a clue as to how fun and live-and-let-live the city used to be.
Spent a lot of long weekends in Austin in the '70s and '80s. What a fun, laid back city. Loved it!

Left TX back in Dec '86. Sounds like Austin is just another soulless, woke city with the typical ineffective leadership. Too bad.

Old 03-27-2021, 08:13 AM

20,379 posts, read 20,001,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
How do we know the political stance of these people? Not everyone in Austin is liberal. White liberals and conservatives are prone to do that stuff. It’s cultural, not political.
Maybe because no conservative would ever use that pussified term “.....display of toxic masculinity,” or be frightened of a car club meet that has met regularly for decades?

Old 03-27-2021, 08:34 AM

779 posts, read 427,335 times
So typical.

We support social justice! We support people of color! We need to understand and embrace different cultures! *

*We just don't want to live around them, they're scary

Old 03-27-2021, 08:37 AM

8,654 posts, read 10,196,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That’s the Austin I loved. The problem is it has grown so much in the last four years and outgrew its infrastructure. I hate driving there anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Spent a lot of long weekends in Austin in the '70s and '80s. What a fun, laid back city. Loved it!

Left TX back in Dec '86. Sounds like Austin is just another soulless, woke city with the typical ineffective leadership. Too bad.
I still go back and visit once a year. The homeless population is out of control, as is traffic. Many longtime establishments have been priced out of downtown or are just gone. Just relics and bones of a bygone era and quickly being replaced by soulless hi-rises filled with soulless woke transplants. I'm happy Elysium on Red River still exists (for now). The Austin of today is no longer the Austin I remember and loved. Some local businesses have been pushed out to South Lamar as overhead prices have increased downtown, so there's that. But even that area is gentrifying too quickly.

Old 03-27-2021, 09:00 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,025,358 times
White liberals are all about "helping" minorities until they actually interact with them. They get upset and say they're bad and scary if they don't behave like the helpless pathetic victims that white liberals believe they are.

Old 03-27-2021, 09:19 AM

9,987 posts, read 4,731,576 times
Many snowbird transplants ruined Florida. What was slow old south, beach/tourist town iving became NYC south by late last century. Transplants like to transplant EVERYTHING. What they had they still want just in a different climate or location. Call it gentrification but it's transplants bring their old life with them.

The transplants/gentrifiers will try to get local politicians elected to cater to their special needs.

Old 03-27-2021, 09:58 AM

15,565 posts, read 10,560,884 times
Quote:
Yep, Austin used to be cool. Independent, weird, fun loving, accepting, now it's douchebag central.

Last edited by elan; 03-27-2021 at 10:10 AM..

Old 03-27-2021, 10:04 AM

9,987 posts, read 4,731,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
White liberals are all about "helping" minorities until they actually interact with them. They get upset and say they're bad and scary if they don't behave like the helpless pathetic victims that white liberals believe they are.
They're virtue signalers who think they know better/are smarter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies