Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 12:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
She did not consent.

The prosecutor chose to charge the 3rd degree criminal sexual assault, a felony, rather than 5th degree, a gross misdemeanor with a much lesser punishment.
Women don't consent by signing a form, or even verbally in most cases and it is a very fleeting thing. She consented when she found him acceptable at the time to go home with. Women even very intoxicated have an uncanny ability to reject males that don't past muster, and are experts on the implications of leaving public with a male in a situation like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 12:45 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Taking advantage of someone who is incapacitated is rape.

Many men are pro rape - that should be a shocking statement, but given that men commit most of the rapes that happen in life - and rape is a common crime, and everyone is aware of roofies and the fact you cannot leave a drink for a minute without some rapist slipping something in it, etc., etc.

When are decent men going to stand up against rape?

Old 03-28-2021, 12:50 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Well, I wouldn't blame a victim for how she was dressed, but I'll get to that in a minute. However, if you put yourself in a vulnerable situation, as I posed in another post, are you not partially responsible for what happens to you? In an ideal world, it would be wonderful if all men were gentlemen, and, seeing a drunken fool of a woman would help get her home safely. Even if just to call her an Uber and pay for the cab ride home. But this is far from an ideal world.

It's like when I lived in LA and breast augmentation was the big thing. Women have this procedure.....they get giant boobs, then they 'prance' (and yes, I do mean prance) around, in tight tops with cleavage down to there.....and God forbid a man stare at them. Men stare at boobs. Not that you should HAVE to cover yourself up, but if you are going to put yourself on display, MEN ARE GOING TO LOOK. It's what men do. And that could be a whole 'nother conversation.

I'll use the Cardi B Grammies performance as another example. You could call this art, but is there any denying that this was meant to 'tittilate.' (pardon the pun). On a bed, simulating sex, with the lyrics to WAP...and this was done by a WOMAN!!! I guess men aren't supposed to look or become turned on by this.
And not that this excuses a man from taking advantage of a woman in a vulnerable situation.

Sodom meet Gomorrah. This society needs a course correction (good luck with that).

So, a man is responsible for his behavior, but a woman is also responsible for her behavior?

Not gonna work.

The canned response to that is always, "So you're saying she wanted to be raped?"

Rule 1: Women must never be held accountable for their actions.

Remember, "sugar and spice and everything nice."

Old 03-28-2021, 12:54 PM

1,262 posts, read 561,609 times
A lot of people are missing the point here: this is a matter of bad law on part of the prosecution. It would be like someone stealing a bike and being charged with grand theft auto. Yes, the perpetrator is likely guilty of something, but not the specific charge that was brought brought court.

Old 03-28-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
If she is intoxicated, then she can’t give consent. That’s rape.

Ass backward ruling

What if the guy is drunk but the girl is sober?

Rape?

Not rape?

Old 03-28-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Yes but she willingly got drunk so I dunno if that matters or not.....
If I get drunk of my own volition and you steal my credit cards, did you rob me?

Of course you did.

It's always illegal to steal my credit cards.

Sex is different.

Sex is not always illegal.

In fact, the only difference between legal sex and rape is the mindset of the female at the time the act takes place.

And since there is no way to objectively prove the sex was not consensual, there is no way to objectively prove it was consensual.

Old 03-28-2021, 01:12 PM

19,214 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There does not seem to be a dispute she consented.

The original case seems to be built on an interpretation she was too intoxicated to give legal consent.

Reportedly, several states have similar definitions.

How does your state define mental incapacitation?
The law in our state is clearly defined under PC Section 261(a)(3).

A drunk night that ends in a sexual encounter can very well turn into a lifetime sex offender registration and up to eight years in prison.

There are plenty of cases already on the books that set the precedent for this becoming a law in our state.

https://properdefenselaw.com/drunk-s...section-261a3/

Old 03-28-2021, 01:14 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If I get drunk of my own volition and you steal my credit cards, did you rob me?

Of course you did.

It's always illegal to steal my credit cards.

Sex is different.

Sex is not always illegal.

In fact, the only difference between legal sex and rape is the mindset of the female at the time the act takes place.

And since there is no way to objectively prove the sex was not consensual, there is no way to objectively prove it was consensual.
Exactly right, you have to look at the situation and circumstance. A female gets herself drunk, agrees to go home with a male, I'm going to have to conclude she consented and would have consented at that moment and time if she hadn't "passed out" as far as legal prosecuting is concerned. Personally, I might think the guy didn't act ethical or took advantage but that's not the question at hand.

Old 03-28-2021, 01:16 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Gay guy here. I never understood why straight guys get such a hard-on with drunk and passed out women. Make you guys feel like real men? LOL.

Old 03-28-2021, 01:21 PM

19,214 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Gay guy here. I never understood why straight guys get such a hard-on with drunk and passed out women. Make you guys feel like real men? LOL.
LOL A blow-up doll would work just as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies