Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 11:46 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol. As I said, it does not change anything significantly, the overall rate is still higher. Btw, you are welcome for the irs tax table, so you know now how taxes are calculated.

As I said you can post whatever charts you like, it's a free country.

So, are you going to explain now how come hedge fund manager earning thousands of times more pays lower rate. I'll wait.
S/He doesn't. You've shown no proof whatsoever that you pay a higher effective federal income tax rate.
Quote:
"other taxes", so which ones besides the SSA would you like to remove now? Lol.
I posted a chart that includes them all, for a more complete picture. Take a look...

Chart: Effective Federal Tax Rate, by Income Level

Bonus point if you can explain why every income group pays corporate income tax, as shown.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:58 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
What country are you moving too ? And are you going to take your business ?
Are you suggesting outsourcing is not a thing? Because that has been happening since we made it more expensive to do business here.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:15 PM

8,155 posts, read 3,682,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
S/He doesn't. You've shown no proof whatsoever that you pay a higher effective federal income tax rate.
I posted a chart that includes them all, for a more complete picture. Take a look...

Chart: Effective Federal Tax Rate, by Income Level

Bonus point if you can explain why every income group pays corporate income tax, as shown.
Yes, I did. The example was as simple as it gets.
I just did not realize that kindergarten math could pose a problem. I'll use simpler terms next time.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Again, you posted no proof whatsoever that you pay a higher effective federal income tax rate. It's the same as you saying the moon is made of green cheese and expecting everyone to take your word for it.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, you posted no proof whatsoever that you pay a higher effective federal income tax rate. It's the same as you saying the moon is made of green cheese and expecting everyone to take your word for it.
Sorry, but I'll need to charge you if I have to explain the kindergarten math to you yet again.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I just did not realize that kindergarten math could pose a problem. I'll use simpler terms next time.
No, you did not.

The only way someone is paying a lower rate is that most of the person's income is considered a capital gain, which will be at a lower rate of 15%.

You can do the same yourself, you know?

Old 03-29-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but I'll need to charge you if I have to explain the kindergarten math to you yet again.
How is this helpful? What's the point of posing this?

Old 03-29-2021, 01:47 PM

Quote:
There's nowhere to apply any math. You've posted no proof whatsoever that you pay a higher effective federal income tax rate. You're just babbling on and on because you know you're wrong, and you're embarrassed. /shrug

Old 03-29-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
No, you did not.

The only way someone is paying a lower rate is that most of the person's income is considered a capital gain, which will be at a lower rate of 15%.

You can do the same yourself, you know?
First of all it is 20% (+3.8%) at high enough income.

Second, no, I cannot. See for most people, compensation is subject to regular income tax rates. But apparently some are more equal than others. The discussion was about the carried interest loophole which basically subjects compensation for services to capital gains rates instead of the regular income tax rates. Get it now?

Old 03-29-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How is this helpful? What's the point of posing this?
I can explain basic math only that many times. I gave you an example how a married filling jointly at 450k income will pay higher effective tax rate than somebody making 1 billion +.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies