Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 09:00 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
This is consistent with the Constitution. The government cannot force you top get vaccinated but they can regulate how your can circulate in public if you don't. Your freedom cannot supersede someone else's freedom to not be exposed to the virus. We require many vaccines for children to be in school. This is the same thing. The ”passport” is just proof like records a parent gives to a school for their children.
Yeah, no! It is total BS that we're all to be PRESUMED to be INFECTED and are a DANGER to those around us! No ****ing way I'm living under that ASSUMPTION!!!!!

GTFOH!!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 09:08 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
What has the government done lately to suppress your free speech?

Our country is awash in guns. Doesn't seem to me there is much of an effort to take them away. https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...uns-per-capita

we can agree to disagree but the government is working with big tech to censor the opposition. Big Tech gets tons of money from the government. Facebook has Cia connections. i would even go so far where many will disagree that a business can do whatever it wants to except violate the bill of rights. I would make it so if I was in charge. This may seem like a bad idea but would prevent fascism.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:53 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
If this were Ebola, you'd either support it or die. Your choice to die, but those would be your only options.

Many - many - nations already require proof of vaccination for many things, and have for decades. Now the USA will be one of them (maybe).

Personally, though, I don't disagree with your overall sentiment. It's intrusive for sure.

The thing is - we're not playing by just OUR rules. This is a world-wide problem. The lowest common denominator for ALL nations is the one we'll be using - because we cannot exist in isolation. If most of the western world insists on proof of vaccination - then we will, too.
This isn't Ebola...not even close. In addition, we are not even sure yet if the vaccines will work in 6 months let alone 1 year or 5 years. If this turns out to be like the flu viruses, forget it. We will never be the same vaccine or not. Thankfully, we live in a time when most can work remotely and keep things going.

Old 03-29-2021, 10:03 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
My body my choice. The government can go pound sand.

Old 03-29-2021, 10:03 AM

This video explains why Bidens vax pass is so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4feUCKhe4hs

Old 03-29-2021, 10:08 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Mandatory vaccinations are not unconstitutional. Supreme Court already decided that when they did that with smallpox.
Jacobson v Massachusetts: It’s Not Your Great-Great-Grandfather’s Public Health Law

962 posts, read 541,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I do. They shouldn't be involved. It isn't that way with anything else.
Here's the problem: other countries are free to require vaccination. Businesses are free to require vaccinations. Governments cannot require you to take a vaccination, but likewise, they cannot force businesses (and other countries, obviously) to accept unvaccinated patrons.

So you are actually calling for government control, just in the other direction. The free market, free choice solution is "let businesses do what they want, and we can accommodate that".

That's what a vaccine passport is. It's to let people live in a world where they can interact safely with other vaccinated people. You are free to not join.

7,369 posts, read 3,533,397 times
Variants. The reason why vax passes won't work. There will always be a reason for a new shot, new lockdowns, new restrictions. Vaxpasses won't let us return to normal

Old 03-29-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Mandatory vaccinations are not unconstitutional. Supreme Court already decided that when they did that with smallpox.
Jacobson v Massachusetts: It’s Not Your Great-Great-Grandfather’s Public Health Law
wrong that is interpreted wrong the government can fine you if you do not take a vaccine they can not force you to get a vaccine. there are many unconstitutional decisions by judges.

that case was about a fine nobody forced anyone to take a vaccine.

Old 03-29-2021, 10:14 AM

962 posts, read 541,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Variants. The reason why vax passes won't work. There will always be a reason for a new shot, new lockdowns, new restrictions. Vaxpasses won't let us return to normal
Don't spread misinformation. The vaccine does well to control the UK and SA variants. We don't know enough about the Brazil variant, but numbers are low enough for that one (so far) that vaccinations should still help no matter what.

And I would not be surprised if boosters eventually come out, tailored to the variants endemic at the time. Just like flu shots. I think the new normal is COVID boosters with your flu shot, not unending lockdowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies