Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 06:11 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times

Advertisements

Excerpt: Athletes competing in the U.S. Olympic trials will be allowed to kneel during the national anthem, as well as participate in other “Racial and Social Justice Demonstrations,” according to new guidance from the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee.

Response: Opinion

I hope that any person watching an Olympic Event in
which our Flag is disrespected immediately flip to another station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 08:17 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.westernjournal.com/us-ol...estern-journal

The Olympics are not a place for political statements

This is crap!

Do you actually READ what you post????

This policy is for the OLYMPIC TRIALS - the competitions in which American athletes compete in order to qualify for the Olympic Team.

The IOC -International Olympic Committee - is the entity that sets policy for the actual Olympics.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:17 PM

16,559 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I said what I said.
I know what you said. I was asking for clarification.

You said, in part, "People are recognizing the need to stand up to issues . . ." My question is, would you agree or disagree with a slightly more detailed comment: "Conservative people are recognizing the need to stand up to issues . . ." If yes, this means that you would support a wide range of political or social messages, ranging from BLM to the Thin Blue Line. If so, I would disagree, because I don't want ANY politics in the Olympics. But I'd also say, hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.

But if you said no; if you're in favor of liberal political expression on our national team but not conservative political expression, then I would regard you as a hypocrite.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
I thought the whole notion behind the Olympics was to bring the world together, putting politics and all that aside for the duration of the games.

I agree with mike1003; this is crap.
Then you're just as clueless as he is. This is in regards to the US Olympic Trials, NOT the Olympic Games.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:20 PM

God, there is so much stupidity in this thread.

THE OLYMPIC TRIALS IS NOT THE OLYMPIC GAMES.

THIS POLICY IS NOT FOR THE OLYMPICS.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:38 PM

16,559 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
God, there is so much stupidity in this thread.

THE OLYMPIC TRIALS IS NOT THE OLYMPIC GAMES.

THIS POLICY IS NOT FOR THE OLYMPICS.
OK. So is it acceptable to wear MAGA hats or All Lives Matter shirts at the trials? Why or why not?

Old 03-31-2021, 10:46 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I know what you said. I was asking for clarification.

You said, in part, "People are recognizing the need to stand up to issues . . ." My question is, would you agree or disagree with a slightly more detailed comment: "Conservative people are recognizing the need to stand up to issues . . ." If yes, this means that you would support a wide range of political or social messages, ranging from BLM to the Thin Blue Line. If so, I would disagree, because I don't want ANY politics in the Olympics. But I'd also say, hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.

But if you said no; if you're in favor of liberal political expression on our national team but not conservative political expression, then I would regard you as a hypocrite.
I'm gonna go ahead and say you're safe in your assessment here. Poor Trobe.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:53 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
OK. So is it acceptable to wear MAGA hats or All Lives Matter shirts at the trials? Why or why not?
Will you get a response? Other than RACIST! doubt it.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:59 PM

6,122 posts, read 3,347,968 times
We are such a stupid country.

Anyway, all this does is ensure that I won’t watch the Olympics. Is that what they wanted?

Old 03-31-2021, 11:09 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
We are such a stupid country.

Anyway, all this does is ensure that I won’t watch the Olympics. Is that what they wanted?
I really do think that's what they want. They want true Americans on the outside looking in. They want us to feel like we're 'missing' something. What they fail to realize is that once we are turned off of their woke, TV, Movies, Sports, Literature......we are D O N E. No longer paying attention or spending a dime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies